TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh...just reading your last few posts makes me tired..no wonder that new knee is so unhappy and you have been a bit down...our own are expectations are still pretty high aren't they. I mean we talk about 12months recovery but we really think we can do it quicker...and getting back into our lives, especially those who work full-time is a signal to everyone around us that we are 'okay'. :yes!: But it is not okay and you know it, the tiredness , the way the knee behaves keep giving you the message...but you are the only one who can hear.
Me time ...is really knee time... and although as time passes it is different from when we first had our ops...it's still the key in keeping our recovery on track. I know as boring as watching paint dry, but it has to dry before we can move on. :bicycle2:

Some new clothes..great idea, I tried on last years winter jeans and discovered the swelling in my leg means ... new jeans :wink: :wink: :wink: .
I looked at my leg when I had struggled into the old ones and burst into tears, it seemed my new knee had made my leg crooked. :shrug: :boohoo: . Now I know this isn't right... in my post-op xrays legs were straight but the swelling distorts the way everything looks. Challenging this recovery ride dear Fernie..very challenging, but you
you are doing okay... :yes!:

Hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi gami lovely to from you, will start with not quite straight legs! My PT said mine was v good just after op, however now most Of swelling has gone, it's really not that straight at all and to be honest, I'm quite upset at this as jeans will never look the same again :boohoo:. I mentioned before about my "possessed" foot :yikes:, well it's still here and I know this is because my leg isn't quite right. If I wear flat sling back shoes then the tkr foot somehow manages to work the strap lose and it falls down coz I'm not placing my foot right, it's hard to explain.

I don't feel too bad today, had quite a busy weekend, cinema and lunch today, notquite in ODIC but need to rest up now as work tomorrow and busy week ahead.

Yes, Toothfairy with her wise words about getting few bits for hols and not worry too much about weight at moment, then I won't panic in August trying to find holiday clothes when the Christmas lines are in! Been there, done that many times. :rotfl:

Do folk honestly embark on tkr really appreciating it will take a year? Like, really?

I hope you are doing fine, hve you been in the kayak lately?

Hugs and my best wishes to you. Fernie x
 
Hi Toothfairy yes, thought I'd give the corset and hot pants the night off :rofsign:a girl needs a break from saving the universe!

Ive had a nice weekend, busy but nice.

Hope you are ok and looking after yourself.

What are your plans this week?

Fx
 
Despite a hectic weekend, I thought I'd avoided the ODIC and thought a corner had been turned. :yes!:

Working today, nothing major and felt fairly ok ths morning, then BAM, afternoon just knocked me out , knee feels horrible :yikes: And doesn't even like being walked on. Just having quick rest before making supper and skirting little one.

Tomorrw is unfortunately, extraordinarily busy, :sos: I'm feeling tired already, the only thing I can really knock off the list is my swim and I really want to do that so will see. I can hear the ZODIAC calling me already! If I get through til weds I'll be supersonic blinking marvellous wonder woman :rotfl: :rofsign:

Hope everyone is doing ok. Fernie
 
Hi Fernie...all good...I finished strolling down misery street turned a corner and tried bit of retail therapy...it worked :spin: :dancy: :yes!: . Felt pretty good at a fun engagement party that we went to on saturday night, no dancing on the table but knee managed the evening in great form :wink: :wink: :wink: . Sunday afternoon an easy relaxing time sitting in the sunshine watching our nephew play football. The visiting team were from a town about half an hour drive away so it was a good opportunity to wander around and catch up with old friends. :cheers:

We decided to head off on our next caravanning adventure in about a months time, we'll take the kayaks and paddle on some of the Queensland inland rivers and dams.....the weather will be warmer during the day thna where we are...though nights will probably still be cold depends on how far north we go....still in the planning stages.

I have to tell you last year our adventure took us south...we planned to paddle on the mighty Murray river :happydance: however a huge rain depression swept across the country and we got stuck in one town for a week til the roads opened...then the Murray was well and truly in flood...and not enjoyable to paddle on. :hairpulling:
But having the luxury of extreme flexiblity we just wandered around Victoria for 6weeks and enjoyed finding lots of interesting lakes and rivers to enjoy. :yahoo: I remember waking up one morning to the sound of gunfire ... all around us.. :yikes: opening day of duck season :loll: nope we didn't go paddling there anymore..we moved on :heehee: .

So we both have lots to look forward to with holidays on the horizon...it will be fun.

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie, good luck with your busy day tomorrow. I hope your knee gives you a break. You deserve it.
My swim on Saturday was really enjoyable. I have signed up for 6 weeks for £39 offer at a local (ish) hotel which has a nice pool. If i find i keep going regularly I can join on a monthly contract. The other option is a very nice local gym which is very expensive and requires you to sign up for 12 months. Unfortunately I have been feeling icky Sunday and today with shivers and headache and dodgy tummy so no more swimming. I am hoping to be well enough to go for a swim tomorrow.
Have a happy Tuesday,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
gami your adventures sounds truly wonderful,it's great you can get out and about so much on the lakes etc. I remember the news cover Of the floods last year,it looked horrific for you all.

Caravanning break Will be fab. :yes!:

You are doing really well, keep up the good work, take care my friend fx
 
Hi TF, sorry you feeling :sick: That's not good. Hope you are on the mend v soon.

Made it through the day at last, it was hard and knee king not good :bow: Be glad to go to work for a rest tomorrow :rotfl:

Good luck with the gym, that will really help.

PT was good today, says I'm doing v well and will see me in 8 weeks now so I have to make my own way and she'll sign me off at 6 mths

We are all really starting to get on with our recovery.

Got my cross stitch pattern through today, I'd forgotten how complex it was! Will have to start slow.

Have a good week fluttery fairy .... Fx. Toothfairy
 
Hi Fernie friend, that's great news about the physio, she obviously thinks things are going well. Good job Fernie! You truly are Wonder Woman. :tada:
I am feeling much better today. I had a lovely swim. Really enjoyed it.
Hope you sleep well tonight,
Enjoy your cross stitch,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
:happydance: :SUNsmile:
 
Fernie. What cross stitch did you get Fernie, I finished one just before my op. Its red poppies with a black cat amongst them. I really love doing cross stitch but was finding it a little hard on my eyes but might try again. A change from the knitting maybe. Bit overwhelming when you first start but once you get into it i find it very satisfying. Good Luck.
 
Fernie. What cross stitch did you get Fernie, Bit overwhelming when you first start but once you get into it i find it very satisfying. Good Luck.

Hey Pat - i've got 2, both butterflies so i can frame them for my daughters room when we redecorate for her, she loooooovees Butterflies and fairies so hoping to create some kind of magical effect when we get round to it.

to be honest, i was shocked when they came through (got the small one to practice on before big one 15 x 15") and the holes are so small, i remember chunky fabric with great big holes in! this is all a bit wee! Also didnt realise i had to separate the yarns - currently 6 thread - into 2's? I really may need your help with this as its all new to me! :what: Lots of counting and some of the shades and colours are really similar. Also i need to do back stitches and some black outline stuff over the wings? - Its come from China originally. Still, i'll have a go. Are there any tips you can give me please? :sos:

Hope you are well today!

Fernie x
 
hi TF - not been sleeping too well the last couple of nights, been waking up around 3ish and not dropping back off til almost alarm time! Not sure what is going on.

glad you enjoyed your swim - my pool is big, warm and usually empty - bliss!

Physio says i'm doing fine and I think i really just need to accept that and start to get on with things more and see where i get.

hope you are well and fluttering about. Fx
 
Hi Fernie, it sounds like your x stitch is 18hpi (18 holes per inch) which is quite small. I normally go for 16 or 14 hpi. You will get used to it but will hard on the eyes the first few times. Firstly you need to be prepared. Did they send you a card for sorting the threads. I normally did all the obvious colour threads first and then had to decide on others. As you say some are very alike. Dosent really matter on the grand scheme of the completed x stitch. You match the threads to the symbol of the colours. Some will need more threads then others so that will help you. Good idea to start with a smaller one. Get the feel of it. You always start in the centre of your aida. Fold it twice to get the middle. Once you have got into stitching a little it does get easier as regards counting the squares. Back stitching is normally left to the end when all the design has been completed. It does make a huge difference to the design too. Makes it stand out more. So the longer you take on preparing first the easier it will be. Good Luck. Let me know how you get on
 
That is a bit miserable Fernie, you must be very tired. I hope it settles soon.
Are you anxious/stressed/uncomfortable/ mind racing when you waken or are you just awake?
I have some nights where I just waken up but I am quite content. I read my kindle ( it has a little reading light) for a while then get back to sleep. I am not having to get up for work. I am sure it won't be as easy when I am.
On the subject of cross stitch you can buy fabrics with different size holes so if it really too small you could buy different Fabric but that would affect your overall pattern size.
When I do cross stitch I think of colour/stitch errors as unique touches rather than mistakes!
Just enjoy it. I have one that is ongoing and is nearly finished but it has a very elaborate pattern round the border. It has been languishing in a drawer for years waiting for me to finish it. Maybe when info knee 2? Maybe not.
Have a good day, hugs, Toothfairy x :)
 
Pat it's meant to be 14 count. I'm sure once I get started it will be ok, I was just a bit shocked when I saw it :shocked:

So I've got the thread card with lots of holes in and all the colours threaded v neatly through. Notes say floss are 6 strands and separate into correct no of strands, then it shows the colour symbols and either 1 or 2 by each, so i assume if its 1, i separate into 6 single hair width size strands and if 2 i separate into 3 lots of 2 strands? soz if I'm being dense! The small design has 15 colours.

Ive got a hoop on the way as well.

Thanks ! Fernie robynhood
 
Hi TF, yes v miserable and tired at mo, off to bed soon.

Knee king grumbling v loudly as well after long day in office :bow: :boohoo: :bow:

Another busy one tomorrow but at least weekend fairly quiet, our plans dissolved and I think it's best. Half term and no school runs and rigid morning routines. In office just twice nx week.

Thx for cross stitch info, the instructions and pics are pretty good, just the strand bizzo I'm not clear on, but between you and our dear Pat, I'll get on track in no time.

I got up in the end last night for little potter. My kindle is one of the older ones with no light .:boohoo:

Hope you are doing well today. :) Fx
 
That sounds right to me Fernie but I am sure Pat robynhood will either confirm or correct as necessary.
If the supplied chart is small you can scan it and enlarge it. It is sometimes useful to colour/fill in the bits you have done to help you keep track. Pat is right( of course, who would doubt it) , once you get started you will be fine.
Enjoy, hugs, Toothfairy x :thumb:
 
Night sleepy Fernie, hope you have a better nights sleep.
My kindle doesn't have a light, it's one I bought separately and it slots into my kindle cover. It's really handy.
Must go to sleep,
Night night,
Sleepy Toothfairy x :sleep: :mcoffee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom