TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fernie Friend,
Just a quick update.
I had a phone call yesterday asking me to go for knee 2 surgery tomorrow.
I was so stunned that I said yes and didn't think to ask what the alternatives were.
I will need to get organised today then before I know it I will be on the other side.
I am going to the local private hospital this time as an NHS patient so to will be interesting to compare the experiences.
Hope all is well with you. Enjoy what is left of the school holidays,
Hugs Toothfairy x :yes!:
 
Hi Toothfairy
Just logged in and I see you're now the proud owner of another new knee...I pray that you are feeling okay and are comfortable. Looking forward to seeing your cheerie posts soon...in my thoughts

take care
gami:angel: :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi gami hope you are ok.

life has been busy, busy....

im still struggling a bit with this knee of mine. Sometimes it's ok but most evenings I need to elevate as its tight and stiffNo it's not stopping me too much but more annoying. Am thinking ill see how it goes for a while, nOt sure what surgeon can do, don't think anything wrong with implant. He did sign me off way to early. Saw physio 2 months ago and she said I was doing well and it would take time, a year at least.

so my friend, what exciting things have you been up to lately? I trust your own knee is behaving.
look forward to hearing your news.
take care, Fernie x:friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2 straight legs? Check!
Dear, dear Fernie, you are ONLY about 3 1/2 months post op----tightness stays with you for a while and usually disappears in the 6th or 7th month. The stiffness may take a bit longer. I am almost 2 years post op and still have some stiffness when I first get up after sitting for a long time.


It''s still that old TIME & PATIENCE thing----you have to find the PATIENCE to give your knee the TIME it needs to fully recovery.

Take care and keep us updated. We care.
 
Hi Judy bottomshollow
Fernie's TKR was 6th February 2013 so she is actually just over 7 months out. It's that confusion over UK dates and USA dates again.
Toothfairy x :scratch:
 
Hi Judy bottomshollow
Not bad, just an understandable misunderstanding across the miles.
Hope you are well,
Toothfairy x :happydance:
 
Hello Fernie friend,
How are you today? I hope you had a good week.
I am enjoying being in my recovery bubble again. I am really relaxing and taking life slowly apart from my little adventure to the seaside today.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, hugs, Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie
lovely to hear from you and to know we are still following parallel tracks on our recovery ride...like your knee mine still gets a bit stiff if I sit for too long...and it needs a darn good stretch in the mornings:wink: so it feels comfortable. I reckon being at work demands a lot more of it than you realize and that's why it's still demanding a lot more TLC by the time evening rolls around. But hey look how far we have come.

This time last year I competed in a 10km run that spelt the end of my knee (not smart I know) and for all the pre-op months a quite few post op I gained anew understanding of what pain and sleep deprivation does to the body and the mind :gaah:. To-day Fernie I walked 5kms in the same event, oh I wanted so much to run or even jog as most of the field passed me by I wanted too so much, how I missed that nice easy sensation of jogging I along a track, so tried just a few paces...just a few. But it didn't feel right, no it didn't hurt but I knew it wasn't ready yet...so I stopped trying so hard and just walked on. Then I was alone on the path just me and the birds. The sunlight sparkled on the creek alongside the path that I followed and large gum trees provided shade and a comfortable environment for me in. How special is this I thought how blessed am I to be out here with my new knee and I remembered the pain as I participated in the event the year before.

I crossed the finish line ...no tumultuous applause...just a hug from my husband holding and an icepack for my knee...he learned the mantra too...rest ice elevate...and maybe some ibuprofen to settle everything down. But hours later all seems fine. However I know tomorrow morning there will be some stiffness again and I'll be stretching again...but everyday, Fernie dear friend, we are getting just a little better. Who knows what we will be able to do in 12months :bicycle1: :spin: there's so much for us to enjoy, sure it's a little different, but oh so much much better.

take care of yourself
hugs Gami:friends: :flwrysmile:
 
:goodpost: gami
Your 5k walk sounds glorious. I love your positive attitude.
Have a great Sunday,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :yes:
 
Hi Fernie I was wondering how much feeling you and TF have in your new knee..mine still has some sort of numb bits in places. I'm wondering if this is nerve damage and will it go away. I know TF has a newer knee but in her old new knee :scratch::whistle:you know what I mean. It's okay not a problem at all just me being curious...also I wonder why our new knees get so stiff at times. Is it because of the implant or is it still because we are still doing our recovery. I mean I never had stiff knees before...well maybe if I did heaps of exercise but not if I didn't do ANY :what:

Hope your day has been pretty good and you did at least one thing just for you...as a reward for just being you.

hugs Gami:friends::flwrysmile:
 
Hi gami and of course my Fernie friend Fernie
My first new knee which is my left one has an area of reduced sensation on the outside of the knee and a small numb area. I think some nerves get cut during the op which causes the numb areas.
I feel like the sensation is gradually returning. Presumably nerves regenerating. I actually find it quite hard to tell what is numb as I am not sure if I am feeling in my knee or in the finger I am prodding it with. Unless I get my husband to prod it when I have my eyes closed!
I don't know why our knees still get stiff.
We are all still in the healing phase so maybe that will go in time?
Hope you have a lovely day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom