TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernie the backstitch is usually one strand and all the other cross stitch is two strands. Some kits come with the threads already sorted which is much better . So it sounds right what you are doing. Good luck. Back to my martini now. See ya. Hic
 
Thanks Pat and TF for that.

At least i can practice on the little one first and make mistakes etc to get a feel of it. Think the whole prospect of dividing 6 strands into 2 strands may be a bit tricky!:scare: :yikes: I'll just separate 2 strands as and when I need them rather than all at once.

Yikes, i'll need my glasses and lots of daylight for this - think it may be a conservatory activity!

What brand would you recommend that has the 2 strand rather than 6 strand set up? I just got them off Amazon, had no idea they were chinese imports, although everything is translated! Me thinks a trip to HobbyCraft, when i have the hang of it!

Hope you enjoyed your martini :martini: :cheers:

Have a lovely day. Wonder how our jetthugger got on last night - probably in ZODIAC right now! Bless her!

Toothfairy robynhood
 
Night sleepy Fernie, hope you have a better nights sleep.
My kindle doesn't have a light, it's one I bought separately and it slots into my kindle cover. It's really handy.
Must go to sleep,
Night night,
Sleepy Toothfairy x :sleep: :mcoffee:

Yes, i have one of those as well but it takes 4 x watch size batteries! I've got loads of unread books on mine which i downloaded before TKR, must get on with them, but who has the time? :whistle: :what:

Anyway, hopefully I can soon add Cross Stitcher extrodinaire (she types confidently :rotfl: !) into my Wonder Woman reportoire! Does this super hero know no bounds? :rofsign: :rofsign: :rofsign:

The knee (as after all, this is a TKR forum!) is still v tight today, think i've overdone it, :shrug: yes me, this week with my various activities. Really hoping for a fairly quiet weekend and half term so i can get back on track.

Ive got this 8 week, next stage of recovery, window in my head now and am really looking to that. Will write up a proper list of exercises and home PT and try to stick to it so when i see physio in July my extension is properly zero and my ROM, which is pretty decent, is right up there as well.

Hugs to you, Fernie xx :friends: :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:

by the way, Le Tour de Bonesmarties peloton seems to have gone v quiet - i hope everyone is still in training as the race is coming around fast.. x
 
I do go to Hobbycraft for my cross stitch kits. I don't really look at brands to be honest. I usually have in my mind what type of design I would like and just look for them. Yes the idea of separating all the threads is tedious. I recommend doing it as and when you need them. You've made me want to finish my knitting now and get started on another cross stitch. Have a good knee day. Take care.
 
Hi Fernie
Seems you're super duper cross stitch hero now huh? I like a bit of cross stitch, but for itty bitty close up teeny weeny craft stuff, I like my beading. I always get my threads tangled & am a messy finisher with cross stitch, the back looks like a spiders graveyard by the time I'm done! :shocked: :umm:
Concert was awesome!!! Zodiac has me on lockdown, wasn't quite jumping, but couldnt help wriggling around for two hours! Gort is very dischuffed today & stiff. Sigh. Worth it though! Flipping cold too! :yikes: :groan: :shrug:
Le Tour de Bonesmarties peloton I think should wait until Toothfairy gets her t'other knee fixed methinks.......?
Back to work in the morning! :yikes:
Hope you have a really lovely relaxing bank holiday & thanks for thinking of me :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Hi Fernie, Pat robynhood and Alison jetthugger,
Wise words from Pat about separating the threads as you need them, I couldn't agree more.
Good to hear Fernie that you have a resting opportunity coming up where you can catch up with yourself. Leave saving the world to the other super heroes for a week or so, even Wonder Woman is allowed a break!
I am in serious training for le tour, don't use me as an excuse! :bicycle2: I have already got all the water bottles stuffed down the back of my leggings seeing as I don't have a fancy cycling top. :sick:
Sounds like your cycling is progressing Pat, very smart to stop when your knee has had enough and go back later. :thumb:
I can relate to your comments on cross stitch Alison, 'the back looks like a spiders graveyard by the time I'm done! 'I always start with good intentions but mine ends up like yours, still, who looks at the back.
Enjoy the rest of the day everyone,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :wink: :rolleyes:
 
Mine too. First few times i do it Im so tidy but yes at the end of it looks very very untidy. Like TF says no one sees it. Water bottles down the back of your leggings TF. Now thats a sight I would pay to see.
 
Hi TF! Glad you have the water bottles all set, maybe we could make it gin with a dash of tonic :whistle: :rotfl: It will keep us warm on the mountain climbs!

Yes, am hoping for some break time over weekend.

Really tired again, catch up tomorrow. Fernie x
 
Morning all! :SUNsmile:

Finally started the cross stitch, it's small! Threading needle is hard, need one of those threaded things as mine broke a while back. But I've started. :yes!: Back v neat so far but I'm sure I can see Aragog and her million babies starting to scuttle in the yonder distance...... :snork:

BIG news, I've gone 36 hours with no meds, not a paracetamol in sight :egypdance: :egypdance: :happydance:. This is my first pill free day since, probs early jan and I'm happy, happy, happy! Admittedly, I didn't do much yesterday but even so, it's a milestone I'm pleased to reach.

Of course, I fully expect to pop a few over The next week as school hols and trips planned and I will not be a martyr to Knee King :bow: :bow:. At least I know where I'm at pain level wise.

TF hope You have a nice time with your friend.

And a great weekend to all.

Fernie x

Toothfairy
 
That is fantastic news Fernie, I am so pleased for you. Real progress. :martini: :yay:
It is these moments that keep you going through the tricky days.
Enjoy your cross stitch. It can get quite addictive.
Must go as my friend is on her way.
Have a great weekend, you really deserve it, hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy:
 
Hi Fernie, I always prefer threading my own needles to using those infernal contraptions! I find a tiny spot of lip salve on the tip will help & grip the threads firmly between thumb & finger - just slightly showing - & put the head of the needle to rest on your thumb. Use the gap between your thumb & finger to guide the thread. The lip salve (or anything tacky, I use wax on my hair-fine beading threads) act to kep everything from fraying apart.
Just found my beautiful friend Red Shoe on the hip pre op forum! :happydance: Told her about this site & how wonderful everyone is, she has already benefited from Josephine's wisdom & is settling in nicely.
I'm off to t'other bed now as hubby has had too much of the sauce & is snoring loud enough to strip plaster from the walls!!!
So glad you had such a good restful & painkiller free day. Toothfairy is right, these milestones are what make it all worthwhile!
G'night :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Hi Alison, thx fr the threading tip,will remember that! How lovely to have found your buddy here to !

hope you've had a good day, I've a lazy weekend, spent arvee on the sauce myself in the sun :martini: :whistle:. Now watching the f1, albeit a bit late :martini:. jetthugger
 
Hi Fernie, how is the cross stitch coming along?
Hope you have had a lovely relaxing bank holiday weekend enjoying the wonderful weather.
I had a lovely time with my friend but overdid it. Not as organised as I had hoped for family arriving tomorrow. I was counting on the fact that they wouldn't arrive till evening but they are planning to arrive by 12, eek. Still it's family so will be ok.
Mother milestone today, I had a ride on my bike round the block twice. It was lovely.
Hope you have a good week, hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2 straight legs? Check!
Toothfairy, sounds like a lot of fun along with being another milestone in your recovery journey. Such small things with such big returns of lifting our spirits and giving us hope that we will make it to the end of the road.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] 2 straight legs? Check!
 
Hi Fernie, hope your weekend was as relaxing as you'd hoped & the hangover was mild following your sunny afternoon on the sauce!
I'm doing a four day x 5 hours a day week this week :yikes: :yikes:
Enjoy half term!
Big hugs :puppysmooze:
 
Hello Toothfairy - how are you? fabulous news about your cycling - you are doing so well, hhmmm, be taking over the peloton as this rate :bicycle1: :heehee: , which is possibly not a bad thing as my bike is gathering dust a bit. Just not had enthusiam for the exercises and have been doing lots of walking. I know i must focus on the stretches though as still early doors, etc etc. Knee has been v tight lately and a bit twingy but i've managed a few dates off the meds and just taken a couple here and there when the pain has been particularly challenging!

took your advice and purchased a few bits and bobs to get me through summer and I feel happier now and more prepared just in the case the great summer diet doesnt quite go to plan! how are you getting on at SW? hope you are back in the grove.

So, Madam Fairy, am i correct in thinking that you are back to work towards the end of next week after your pre-op for knee numero 2? WOW, it seems like you've been off forever and i bet it feels like it as well!

The cross stitch is doing OK and i've got a needle threader thingy now so its all systems go - Ive just been a bit short of time the last day or so but am hoping to crack on again at the weekend.

Its so easy to be catapulted into the ODIC when we catch up with friends and family, but its usually worth it and so we forgive ourselves v quickly! Are you still ice-ing and elevating? Think i've been off the ice for about 3 days now, must have a proper rest tonight.

I hope your week is going to plan and you are enjoying yourself. Hugs from your Fernie friend.. xx
 
Hi Alison jetthugger i hope your working week is going well after your splendid start last Friday.

Just take things steady and try not to do to much - its hard getting brain back into gear again though after so long!

Half term is going well so far, apart from the horrendous rain yesterday - we had planned a picnic with a few friends and kiddies but that was written off about 8am so we arrived en mass to one of the girls houses and had an indoor picnic instead! Such a shame but what can you do eh?

I trust Gort the great etc etc is holding up OK and behaving and allowing you get on your day.

Take care and catch up soon.

Fernie x :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie,
I'm pleased that you are feeling better about your summer clothing, takes the pressure off to have some bits to fit.
I have not been doing well with SW last couple of weeks, really since I had a week off for my birthday I haven't fully focused. Small weight gain this week , only 1/2 lb but it has got me focused and back on track.
Sounds as though your knee is doing pretty well apart from a few twinges. Good that you are managing without much pain med. Your knee must be getting better. I have cut out most of my paracetamol the past couple of days, I was still on two lots a day but seem to be managing without it. Ice seems to be the best thing if I get achey.
Haven't been swimming again as been too busy with my visitors. I had a lovely weekend with my friend but over did it. I took her to lovely local gardens on Saturday and to a big outlet shopping centre on Sunday. With the wandering and the driving I was well and truly exhausted by the time she went home.
I rushed around yesterday getting ready for the family. Wonderful to see them but been hectic. They are out for a couple of hours so I am sitting with my feet up for a while and a soothing ice pack.
I am back at work from Tuesday next week. They are being hopeless and have not organised an occ health appointment. They asked me today what hours I want to do and I was so fed up that I have said mornings for the first week, to mid afternoon for week two and back to normal after that all being well. If I do mornings I will be there for about 5 hours by the time I get in early and finish off everything before I leave. Next week I will be working Tuesday morning, Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
I have a free morning at work on Tuesday to catch up on the new IT system, mail, emails etc.
Off to do my exercise bike as I was too busy playing this morning, when a four year old calls ' grandma I need you' what else can you do.
I was in charge of getting her up, bathed and organised this morning as we both make the most of our time together. Her mum doesn't mind at all. I have had lots of baby cuddles too from the chubby baby who is filling out nicely. All good fun.
Enjoy the rest of half term. Maybe more indoor picnics? The weather is so unpredictable.
Enjoy your cross stitch,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :) :SUNsmile:
 
Hi TF sounds like you are having great fun with everyone.

Am having quite sudden intense knee pain lately, really not sure what is going on and so tight still. Not Good but trying to get on with it. Didn't think it would be like this at 4 mths.

It's not good work being flakey but at least you can dictate your start back hours and see how it goes.

Half term has been a bit of a challenge what with plans changing or cancelling and the poor weather but we're getting there and nearly weekend.

will catch up later as need to tidy up and go out. Take care and enjoy the cuddles! Fx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom