TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fernie,
Sorry to hear you were poorly. I hope you are fully recovered form the icky sicky bug. I expect it has left you feeling tired and delicate. Are you back at work yet?
Be kind to yourself. I find your trail blazing to be really helpful as I tag along behind you and reach those little milestones in recovery when I say to myself ' I remember Fernie posted about that.' It has been so helpful.
Take care Fernie friend,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :spin: :dancy:
 
Dear gami and Toothfairy if you guys were here i'd give you a great big :friends: thanks so much for your kind words.

gosh, i was really, really poorly - cant remember being that bad forever (apart from after TKR!), lost about 8lbs in 36 hours. hubby had to go back to work yesterday so I cancelled all my plans and just about managed to get little one to school and back with a great big rest inbetween. Really needed to come into work today as month end etc but am feeling a bit better. Just hiding in my little corner! The worst part is that I can only really eat white processed stuff, ie bread, rice etc and I really dont like them as always have brown and wholegrains - another shock to my system. Gami, i'm guessing this is directly due to my low system at the moment as these virus things usually pass me right by.

I do hope my fellows on Le Tour de Bonesmarties are all doing well and enjoying the nice sunshine today - wherever in the world they may be.

Got an email this morning with someone asking why was i still in pain after 3 months and why was my recovery taking so long, was i doing everything that I should be and they felt this was extraordinary that i wasnt running around and full of beans. Well, it took a lot of effort to not just press the Delete key.

So, week 12 today, already, the time has gone fast, really? yes, i guess. I'm very much looking forward to being another 12 weeks down the line (without wishing life away of course!) and hoping that I can run and jump and be the Wonder Woman that I am !

Toothfairy, I hope you are well and had a lovely time at your daughters and that the long journey didnt take too much out of you. Did you manage to get the ice packs or do without them? i find I can get by until the evening now. Well I'm glad you find the trail blazing helpful although sometimes its more fun to make your own mistakes however with TKR i've been glad of all the help I can get. Having said that, i do seem to spend a lot of time at ZODIAC......

I'm finding my TKR side foot is behaving strangely - let me explain if I can and i'm sure its down to my legs not being completely straight and aligned yet (despite my thread title! :heehee: ). If i put on a pair of shoes with a heal strap, the right side will always fall down after i've been walking a bit, the left is fine. if i put on slippers and cross my heels, the right side always seem to slip off a bit and i have to keep wiggling it down. Same with socks, if i wear my little footie socks, the right one never seems to stay put. I think my foot is possessed ! :yikes: What do you think this could be, its very irritating!

Ladies, I wish you a beautiful day, lots of hugs and special wishes to you.. Fernie x
 
Yikes Fernie :shocked: a possessed foot...that's something new for the Wise Ones to ponder...while the rest of us wait in anticipation of of their considered reply to still our anxious minds. It's nice to have so much support around isn't it.

Yesterday at the gym while I was doing my errr 'training' on the bike they were showing the Tour de Turkey and it was as always quite inspiring to watch the riders in the breakaway pack and then the peloton riders jostling for positions in pursuit. But what caught my eye was a rider who obviously had a problem who stopped alongside the curb immediately there seemed a car fall of supporters pulled up to attend to his needs ...in this case a new bike.

Yes I thought just like the Bonesmarties always some-one there to help us when we need it...certainly a great team effort. :happydance: :spin: :egypdance: .

You know there's no way we can escape from the ignorance within the wider community worldwide about Joint replacement surgery...glad you didn't delete...just smile... it simply confirms what WE KNOW when they make comments like that. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Maybe you might have to look at something to help boost the immune system along with the resting etc. you know after so many weeks of isolation you are now back at work...where bugs thrive, your bod might need some extra help to cope. Glad you are feeling a little better...not a recommended way to lose some weight though :wink: . Take it easy

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie,
I hope you have fully recovered from the dreaded icky sticky bug.
Hopefully you can have a relaxing bank holiday weekend but I suspect you probably have an action packed one.
Congratulations on reaching the fabled 12 weeks of recovery stage. You have come a very long way in those 12 weeks. Be proud of yourself.
I am planning to lounge at home till 12 weeks when I will have to admit defeat and return to work. That will be the week I should discover whether my return to work is going to be a lasting one or a very brief sojourn before gardening leave and redundancy.
I am having a sore and swollen knee week this week so I am really pleased that I am not back yet.
Take care,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :bicycle2:
 
Hi, how are you, congrats on new grandchild! Lovely, lovely news :) :yay:. It's nice to hear from you.

I wish I could have had 12 weeks off, do make the most of it. How do you fel about the potential redundancy? You've done a long time so woud a lump sum and new optios be appealing? Id jump at it personally as lthough my job is super flexible and I enjoy it mainly, I'm in a rut but couldn't justify just upping and leaving.

And then your other knee surgery must be on your mind a bit as well. Lots to think about.

Forum, been bit quiet, but then this is probably a snapshot of time during our early recovery and we are getting better, albeit v slowly, an getting busier so much less daily posting time, if any somedays.

Have been Shopping, gardening and generally busy the last couple days and I'm tired. Not doing my stretches as so tired and sore andi know it's not helping things. Hopingto go To coast in morning although it's the last thIng I need.

Take care and rest yourself, says she ! Fernie xxx
 
Hi Fernie. I have been lurking here and watching you. Hope that you don't feel stalked. I had my RTKR Feb 11, 2013. So, I think we are about the same in recovery. That is why I have been watching. Your ups and downs very much mimicked mine although, I don't have little one with activities to keep me busy as well as trying to wait for healing of 'King Knee'.
My husband fell and tore his quad muscle from his kneecap 2 weeks before my surgery. So he and I both had surgery within two weeks of each other. We have matching scars on the same legs. Our daughter has been a God send taking care of us and running us both around to MD appts and Physcal Therapy.
I was fortunate enough to have twelve weeks off work, so I am going back tomorrow for 1/2 days for the week.
I just wanted to say I have learned a lot from you and others in your thread. It has helped me stay sane and remain patient. Patience not being my strong suit. We have both come a long way. I probably would have made it anyway, but watching you has helped a lot. I have also enjoyed the humor here. It was much needed. I could/should have joined the conversation before now, but I guess I wasn't ready. I think everyone having knee replacement should know about Bonesmart!
Anyway I wish you well in your continued improvement. :thankyou: :yay:
 
Hi Fernie friend,
I am thrilled by the new baby. I am also delighted that my daughter is so much better this time. It is such a relief.
Redundancy, now there is a thing, I am much less phased by the prospect than I would have been if I was at work. I am more chilled and wonderfully de-stressed by my time off of work and feel quite detached. I also feel daunted at the prospect of going back to my job which is challenging at the best of times. If the redundancy package was a good one I think I might just be tempted but the terms are not good enough so I hope I have a job that I will be happy to do. If I don't I will have to have a rethink. I am in the fortunate position of having a second job which is very occasional but which has potential for increasing. The upside is it would pay quite well and leave me a lot of free time but the downside is I would be away from home a lot and it is not regular. Saying in hotels for a week here and there throughout the year is novel but I don't particularly want to do it all the time. I love my main job but it is quite a specialist field and I don't particularly want to move into a more mainstream job at my stage in my career. Once you have spent 30 years developing your skill set it is deeply unsatisfying to then be in a job where they are not particularly needed. I think that I have a good chance of getting a post as I do have some extra skills that are needed but we will see. Interesting times.
You will be sorry you asked!!!!
I hope you get your day out by the seaside. Enjoy. Maybe stay off the donkeys this time?
I will be having another quiet day with my leg elevated and iced clicking those needles.

Hello Nu nee welcome and pleased to hear from you. it sounds as though you and your husband have been through a challenging time. It is taking togetherness a bit far!
I am pleased that you are both on the mend and I hope your return to work goes well. I would be really interested to hear how it goes as I will be returning soon,
Hugs Toothfairy x :happydance: :egypdance: :flwrysmile:
 
Nu nee hello and a very warm welcome to my thread, it's lovely of you to drop by :yay:. Wow, as the fluttery toothfairy says, you've had a challenging time lately, along with hubby, I hope things are on the mend. Starting work :yikes: Now that is a step and a half, and one which i have documented well on here, note the Trail Blazing comments :whistle: I think it was around the time I returned to work that I morphed into wonder woman :heehee:.

Please do join our merry crew, there are several threads which do get intertwined a bit but we are happy to hijack each others as needs arise! Always hoping to add humour and brightens up the days during this tkr process.

so, I hope you are keeping out of the ODIC or the new ZODIAC, if not, we'll be seeing you there at our regular table.

Take care and look forward to hearing how you are getting on. Fernie

Toothfairy
 
:flwrysmile: Hi toothfairy, aw what lovely comments from nu nee, makes me feel quite humble that she has been following my recovery all the while and taking Note of some of the more useful stuff! :heehee: Bless :yes: :bow:

Yikes re jobette :yikes:. It's always useful to have another iron in the fire and if things at work don't go to plan thn you have something to fall back on, for the moment, until you can get fixed up in something again. However, this is worst case scenario. I'm sure they'lla want you to stay, but have to go through the motions! :spin:

How is little bubba?

Did get to the coast, lovely time, warm ish but queues for everything, hmm...... Knee king isn't happy, far from it so I'm sat in ZODIAC, again :hairpulling: with my :martini:, waiting for the pain to go :boohoo:.

V busy day tomorrow, so need to brace myself and dig deep to get through, lots of running about and errands. Also, my staggered start officially ends today :sos: So it will be interesting attempting 2 full days this week, somehow think I may b sneaking off early :whistle: .

Glad you are resting and knitting, hope you've in the sunshine as well. Take care, lots of hugs , fx :flwrysmile:
 
I went back to work today for only 4.5 hours. I DO NOT feel at all like Wonder Woman, so I say good for you, Fernie. I have been sitting most of the day with leg elevated and iced. Thought I could up my biking from 15 minutes to 20 yesterday. Not a smart move the day before going back to wrk. What is ODIC?
 
Nu Nee ODIC is officially known ss the Over Done It Club. A little like you did with the bike and you get the conseqences the next day. We all say we are not going to do it but we all do. Hope going back to work gets easier for you. I dont envy you. Good Luck.
 
I went back to work today for only 4.5 hours. I DO NOT feel at all like Wonder Woman, so I say good for you, Fernie. I have been sitting most of the day with leg elevated and iced. Thought I could up my biking from 15 minutes to 20 yesterday. Not a smart move the day before going back to wrk. What is ODIC?
Morning, our lovely Pat (Robynhood) has explained the ODIC, now the ZODIAC is a similar place and stands for Over Did It AGAIN club - cant remember what the Z is,Jetthugger made up that one. Anyway, its the place that no one wants to go... however, as we go about our lives, and keep going when we should stop and rest, we often find ourselves there, in fact, a couple of weeks ago, i practically moved in!

Be careful now you're back at work and really do try and keep the evenings and a some time at the weekend free if you can as the first couple of weeks will be hard and you'll be tired. my first week , i did just one half day, and 2 half days the next week. dont think i've done a full office week (which for me is on 2.5 days) yet, maybe next week as yesterday was a bank holiday.

I'd watch the biking until you start to get use to being at work again. To be honest, the actual work thing is OK. for me its getting up and out with my daughter, getting her to school, getting me to work, parking up and walking to my office which is the hardest thing and I dont start til about 9.30. If i could tele-port to my desk from home I'd be fine! see, I must work on these super powers ! :rotfl:

so, are you in pain still, what about your straigtening and ROM - are you still on any meds? My straigtening is the hardest thing, ROM good. hoping to get a swim in before lunch today as I find water PT is really good.

have a good day, Fernie
 
And the dreaded sleeping patterns dont help as you can see from the time I posted on your thread Fernie. I did start sleeping really well but things have gone bad again. It could be Ive got a lot going on at the moment familynwise and not just my knee. Dont want to revert back to Nytol again.
 
Hi Nu nee Zodiac stands for 'Zoiks Over Did It Again Club' and was coined by the very witty Alison jetthugger
It is a stage on from the over did it club! (ODIC) all just a bit of fun to help us all through the recovery days.
I think everyone finds the return to work challenging. @Fernie's teleporter idea is a good one. It is all the effort of getting up and out and into work that can leave you tuckered out before you start.
Do you work full time? Like Fernie I work part time. I will see my doctor at the end of the week to discuss my return to work and then will see occupational health to sort out my return and whether it will be phased.
I am planning to keep evenings and weekend very empty round the time I return.
Hope you got your swim Fernie, take it easy at work,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :spin:
 
I'm sorry to hear your sleep has wandered off again Pat, that's a bit rubbish isn't it! However you do have stressy
Stuff going on so tht is probably why. Maybe toothfairy can make an extra special batch of sleepy dust? :heehee:

Take care, fFernie robynhood Toothfairy
 
Hi fluttery fairy one, hope you have had a nice day :SUNsmile:

I do need to ramp up my super powers and crack this teleport thing, I'm back at work tomorrow ad feel tired already. liked feel like I've progressed much since being back, I know it's probs body adjusting but I'm so sick and tired of the aching pain and stiffness :sos: :headbang: .

Did manage a swim at lunchtime which was nice but knee v sore now and I should be icing really. Have couple of errands then out with friend for supper later.

Im planning a v leisurely coUple of days at work this week, fortunately I'm not too busy.

Hugs Fernie x
 
Hi Fernie, I am glad you are not too busy at work this week. Good that you had a swim, not so good about the achey leg.
Hope you enjoyed your supper out. You lead such a busy life.
I think your TKR leg is just begging for mercy.
Maybe you can stick ice on it at work tomorrow. I haven't bought any of the instant ice packs yet, I used my normal ones for the car journey and refrozen them at my daughters house. I might get some instant ones for work to use at lunchtime.
Keep smiling as you whizz round the galaxy doing good,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi TF - not much wizzing around the galaxy today, firmly at my desk - teleporting didnt work so I just had to drive here ! :sigh: :spin: . Knee bit sore today but hoping it will relax a bit later. Planning a little jaunt to the shops at lunchtime - not been to M and S since early Feb! can you believe that? I can hear it calling me. Unfortunately, its the othe end of the shopping centre so will have to dig deep and get on with it. Still, I can mooch, get my lunch and everything i need hopefully. Not really used the ice much at the office actually and my modified knee stool under my desk put such a stretch on my knee that i cant stand it for too long - shame as it would be marvellous for my straigtening. Are you still doing your straigtening exercises? Im finding the whole PT quite hard as always on the move, still, i appreciate you dont need to do so much when getting back to work etc as that permanent PT!

Are you going to see new bubba today? Hope your daughter is feeling a bit better, I bet she cant wait to see you.

So hoping work will be fairly easy - off out again tonight (this is it now til next Friday!) and no doubt will be slumped in ZODIAC about 11pm.

wonder how jetthugger is doing - not seen her about for a couple days. Maybe she got lost in Costco? :yikes:

hope you have a good day and your knee is feeling a bit more rested. v rainy in this way today.

Hugs and flowers Fernie x
 
Hellooooo!!! Sorry I've not been here recently! They locked me in at Zodiac!! :yikes:
How are you?
I'm just trying to get my sleep patterns straight for going back to work in two weeks. TWO WEEKS! :scary:
I'm posting my banana loaf recipe on my thread if you're interested?
Hope your work/PT is going well!
Will save you a spot in zodiac later..... :whistle: :cheers: :heehee:
By the way, did you know that you're on the horror channel now? (no, don't get upset!) :shocked: they're doing reruns of wonder woman! :rotfl: :loll:
 
oh No, a lock in at ZODIAC - I fell through the door about 11pm last night. knee was hurting sooooooo much, must have been my little shopping trip, ended up wandering for about an hour and the walked to local pizza place. person... am totally fed up with this now :groan: :boohoo:

more, yikes, back to work in 2 weeks. But you can so do this Alison. you've been mooching and meandering about for ages now and work will be OK, you're on half days first week, right?

Bananas and me do not agree, but thanks for offer, am sure others will be happy to try it out. :)

Wow, back on TV - I seem to be looking a bit more mean in my avatar today.. not lost my figure though! :rotfl:

take care, will scoot over to your thread.... hugs, fernie x jetthugger
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom