TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Fernie

Fernie

graduate
Hello jetthugger yes, the lock-in's are easily done. The club opens its doors to us and onwards we go. Still, at least you are getting on and Gort the Good, shiney etc :)heehee: ) is largely behaving.

time really does fly by - its almost Summer :rofsign: :rofsign: :rofsign:

take care and catch up later. Fx

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
"I'm back with WW but online this time as despo need to shift a good few stone now - cant belive how I let it creep back on after working so hard to get rid of it, back 3 years now!" Quote

Hi Fernie, I can believe it. That is because I have done it too. I lost 2 stone with Rosemary Connelly, did the " I am never going to put that back on thing but guess what :whistle:
A few years later I lost three stones with WW and yes you've guessed it, over a few years put it back on :skep: :whistle: :shrug:
I am now doing slimming world, have lost 2 stone 2 lbs to date, since the end of last July. I am planning to keep going to the class once I reach target as I really don't want to put it all on again. I am hoping I will have learned the lesson but time will tell.
How has your first week gone with ww online? I hope it has been a good week,
hugs, Toothfairy x :friends: :flwrysmile:

OP
OP
Fernie

Fernie

graduate
Hi TF - all going well here, busy weekend, went to Woburn Safari - really lovely day and knee held out after a couple of my emergency co-codamols! Even managed a swim and bit of gym yesterday as well.

WW going OK so far, wasnt an angel over the weekend but wasnt a piggy either. lost a few lb last week but am treating this week as my first proper weigh in. Am feeling in a better mindset at the moment so hope i can keep the momentum going for another year or so !:rotfl: sounds like you are going in the right direction and doing really well. At the end of the day, its less in and more movement so whether its SW or WW or Conley we all know the theory. I found last time I lost weight fairly easily (75lb over 18mths) but just couldnt keep it off, the whole thing freaked me out and I couldnt accept being so much smaller and buying tiny size 12 clothes when i'd never done that before. It was just such a massive difference as i'd see photos and barely recognise myself. I cannot imagine how these folk who lose 10 stones plus cope.

Never mind, I have my determined face on now so shall see how it goes. Lots of events coming up over the next 6 or so and hopefully this will keep me focused.

friends just texted and going out for drinks and curry on Weds...would love to go but know it would trash my weigh in - think i'm too early in to cope with that much temptation so soon!

Have a lovely week. Will reply on your post later.

Hugs Fx

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
:goodpost: :yes!:
Hi Fernie, a lovely cheery post. I am so pleased for you. Outings, exercise, weight loss. Sounds like life has taken a turn for the better.
You really deserve it.love your determined face.
I had a hectic but good day at work today. I followed it with a swim.
Must get some sleep now. I will be hitting the snooze button in the morning.
Have a very happy week,
Hugs and calorie free champagne for you, :cheers2:
Toothfairy x

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Fernie,
How are things going with you?
Hope your knee is behaving and improving.
How is ww online progressing? I had a small blip in the wrong direction last week but hopefully am back on track this week.
I am well and truly settled back into work. Coping much better but still very tired by the end of my working week. My knee is a little swollen and a little stiff but doing really well apart from that. We managed a 14 mile cycle trip at the weekend, we cycled to a local garden, had a lovely walk then cycled home. I was really pleased with myself.
Post an update when you have a minute.
I am loving the tour, really exciting and unpredictable so far. I would never have predicted that a bus would be first through the line on stage one!
Have a happy day,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :friends: :bicycle2: :bicycle1:

OP
OP
Fernie

Fernie

graduate
Hi Toothfairy lovely to hear from you. I'm fine, been a bit busy. Will update properly tomorrow.
glad things are good with you.
hugs, Fernie xxx

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Fernie,
I hope you are enjoying the sunshine and the Tour, it's really exciting this year so far.
How is that knee of yours doing? I hope it is behaving itself.
I hope things are going well at ww online too. Not long till your holiday now,
Have a great weekend, hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:

jetthugger

senior
Hi Fernie, sorry I've been such a slack Alice!!! Been full time & full on & for first few weeks I've been too exhausted for anything else!! Hope everything is fine & sunny in WW land! Gort is brilliant - bit moody still at night & my right heel can be a killer, but on the whole, much better! Hope you're coming on in leaps & bounds (excuse the pun) :whistle: Told you the sun would appear once I went back to work!! :headbang: Big hugs! :puppysmooze:

OP
OP
Fernie

Fernie

graduate
Hello Toothfairy - I'm doing OK, hope you are as well.

ww is going a bit slow but i seem to be having or be at BBQ's constantly and they are a weakness ! I've had a good stern chat to myself this week and things are looking better. holiday is 4 weeks and i wont break any real ground WW wise, i've got some nice shorts and tops that will see me right through the year when hopefully theyll fall off as they'll be far too big ! :rofsign:

TKR wise, again, not too bad, definately seem to be doing a bit more and the pain is less but more than i would have thought for this stage. Been naughty and just not motivated to get on the bike at the moment and seeing physio on Tues when she will make a final assessment and either refer me back to consultant or sign me off and send me packing into the big wide world to face it alone :yikes: . It will probably be the latter. I do know that i can get an appt with OS fairly easily (although have to be via GP as i'll have to pay otherwise!) so that's OK. But I am going with the 6 to 12 months policy, which all our BS friends quote time and again and which we know to be true.

So, 6 months takes me nicely to holiday and i reckon that a proper relax (5* spa hotel All inclusive) is just what the doctor ordered and proper swimming everyday and beach walking will do me and my knee the absolute world of good. From Sept I will not have my parking priviledges at school so I need to be back on form by then, which will also be the 7 month mark......

My cross stich came to a grinding halt a while back, but I now have proper glasses that i can see out of (c/o the £1 shop! so much for my expensive designer ones!) and a dozen needle threader thingys and I fully intend to get back into the swing of it very soon.

i'll pop across to your thread and see what is happening with you.

Take care, big hugs
Fernie xx

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Fernie, :goodpost:
Sounds like you are doing well on all fronts.
Hope physio appointment goes well, let me know how you get on.
Your holiday sounds wonderful, have you got room for me?
We are having a few days away on the Gower peninsula next week. I've never been there but it is supposed to be very beautiful. I am hoping the weather stays fine.
I am really looking forward to having a break.
I am still doing ok at SW, I don't do red/ green, I do the extra easy plan which seems to suit me. I have half a stone to target although I expect it will be a bit more after my holiday but who cares.
Enjoy the sunshine, happy Sunday, hugs Toothfairy x :bicycle1: :friends:

patient 99

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
But I am going with the 6 to 12 months policy, which all our BS friends quote time and again and which we know to be true.
Hi Fernie, I think this is very wise. It helps to reduce the stress. As 6mths is just around the corner for me and I'm struggling, I think I'll go for the 12 month policy. I know you can set whatever date you want, the knee doesn't pay the least attention to it, but I do think goals keep up morale. Carol

OP
OP
Fernie

Fernie

graduate
:SUNsmile: Hi, how is everyone doing? Life is taking over a bit and getting v busy, which is good but exhausting !

coming up 6 mths since tkr and I'm just not sure. Still pain and stiffness although physio signed me off saying I was doing v well.

i find im ready to rest after a day at work or evening out.

looking forward to my holiday so much. Take care. Fernie

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hello, I replied to your post on my thread.
When is your holiday? It will do you good. I hope all your summer holiday child are plans are going smoothly, I remember how nail biting it always was for us as we had no family support around.
Have a great weekend,
TF x :SUNsmile:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Fernie, I am just popping by to say hello, I hope you are well and your knee is behaving. Hope you are having a lovely summer.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile:

OP
OP
Fernie

Fernie

graduate
Hi Toothfairy had the most busy week . Will,try hard to reply properly in the morning. Glad all well, fab to hear from gami as Weill, it's really been ages! :yay: Fx

OP
OP
Fernie

Fernie

graduate
Hello dear Toothfairy sorry ive been a bit flakey and absent lately.

school hols keeping me busy and work is full on and I'm constantly checking email, as only part time and not in office much, and doing stuff!

Lots of days out and play dates with princess to keep us busy and it's been lovely to catch up with everyone and generally have some fun.

off on hols soon for a couple of weeks but I'll def catch up and not disappear!

so when is your next op date? I can imagine you are apprehensive about going through it all again so soon and I can agree with you about the merits of BTKR.

im ok, knees quite achy though, both, and I'm taking the odd tablet now and then rather than putting up with it.

sorry to hear work is rough, sounds a nightmare and v unfair of them to set you unachievable targets. Its never good to get too close to your boss as its very difficult when cuts and changes are about, but its hard when you get along well with someone isn't it?

take care, hope you are enjoying your free time, I love Scotland, especially Glenco and Loch Ness way. Would love to spend more time there in future.

big hugs and sunny smiles to you, your fernie friend xx :flwrysmile: :friends:

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Fernie Friend, lovely to get your cheery message. :egypdance:
I am glad you are enjoying the holidays and having fun with your daughter. They grow up so quickly.
I don't have a date yet unless one has arrived since I left home last Wednesday. I will be home sometime tomorrow evening and will trawl through the mail hopefully.
I think your approach to knee aches is sensible, taking a tablet is just what the doctor ordered.
My right knee is really beginning to bother me now so I will be glad to get it sorted.
I am less troubled by work, mainly because I have been away from it for a week. I am working in London in Fleet Street this week. Makes a change. St Paul's is just a few minutes walk from my hotel and my room looks out on the Old Bailey. Makes a change from the day job.
I have been having a diet disaster. I have lost the plot this last week and dread to think what the scales will say, probably ' one at a time please' :heehee:
I am hoping that once I am home I can get back on track!
Take care, hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:

OP
OP
Fernie

Fernie

graduate
Hope you enjoy your time in london, it does make a change, I worked blackfriars way for a good few yrs and sill miss it sometimes as don't get up to town that often any more.

my diet is shot to bits but I'm planning on taking it steady on hols and not eat everything in sight and then get back to it when home as, after all, it'll soon be Christmas ! :rotfl:

take care lovely Toothfairy and i will catch up later in the month. :spin: :happydance:Big hugs

Fernie x

Toothfairy

post-grad
Country
Hi Fernie, how are you doing?
Have you been on your holiday?
I had a hectic few weeks and now have returned to a quiet life. Hooray.
How is your knee doing? Has it settled down at all yet?
I am still waiting impatiently for my surgery date. Should be soon.
It shouldn't be too long till you are back into the school routine, the end of the summer holidays is in sight.
I hope you are well and that your holiday was relaxing and fun.
Hugs Toothfairy x

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Schnoodle1
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom