TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying the sunshine and all recoveries are going well.

Fernie x
 
Hi Fernie, happy Friday. How are you doing this week? I hope your knee is behaving itself and feeling a bit easier.
Have a great weekend, hugs Toothfairy x :yes: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi ladies, I'm doing ok but knee been so sore each evening, I'm sure it shouldn't be like this still? Not done much really, nothing especially over the top. Never mind.

Hope you have a great weekend and the sunshine hangs around for awhile :SUNsmile:

Hugs Fernie xx
 
Hi Fernie, how is your poor sore knee doing? I hope it is settling and behaving.
Have a very happy Sunday and hopefully a restful one,
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Hi there wonder-Fernie! Must admit to Gort being cheesed off by the end of the working day & fully sympathise with your sore knee! It takes AGES!!!!! I wore modest heels for my 5 hour stint today & though I'm sat down most of the time,I still had to slip my flats on to walk anywhere! We WILL get there!!!! It's a long LONG way, but we will make it!!
Big hugs! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Hi TF and jetthugger, hope you ate both ok.

Had to give in and buy another pair of sensible shoes :whistle: As recovery clearly ongoing, tried on some heels and took one step, knee went :yikes: andthey were promptly chucked to back of wardrobe .

You are right that we will get there although, really?

Hang in there.

Big hugs fx
 
Hi Fernie glad to see things are still moving along at the required snail pace for everyone in the pack.

I caught a bug that affected my eyes so although I've been popping in and out to see how things are going I haven't been able to hang around all that much... so I just settled at the back of the pack for awhile and drafted letting your ongoing posts keep my spirits up :thumb: .

My knee is fine, I try not to consciously think about it too much these days just trying to get on with life. I'm still having regular massages and now most of the swelling has gone and only returns if I over do it. As you know overdoing it can be active as well as passive...sit too long or walk too far can have the same effect. No pain at all just a bit of swelling an tightness until it gets some TLC then we are back on track again. :yay:

I still get those comments from the uninformed about why it is taking so long...but I've moved on and have been encouraged by a few other people I have met locally who have also had joint replacement surgery. The stories are all familiar and yet as we know now all just a little different. We were joking about starting a Joint Club because we share this common experience and appreciate the journey each of us have or are undertaking and we understand how important it is to get the right information to keep us progressing. :yes!:

I still see you out there leading the peleton...sensible shoes and all. :rotfl: :loll:

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie,
Those high heel days will come.
Now that I am back at work I fully understand how amazing your early return to work was. :bow:
I see occupational health tomorrow morning. I would have felt more appropriate to me to see them before my return but what do I know.
I have been for a lovely swim this morning. I can have a leisurely couple of hours now before working this afternoon. Are you still managing to find time to swim?
You are doing really well. And have been such an inspiration to so many of us. How is your knee doing generally when you are not frightening it with high altitudes?
Hope you are having a great week and enjoying your beautiful daughter,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :yes!: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Toothfairy how are you? V busy week for me and strange to be off BS for so long. I'm ok, knee been sore aght tight but I'm actively not icing each day as that was getting me down and I feel 4 mths should be sufficient for daily ice! I'm still swimming once a week, twice if poss.

I keep expecting to wake up and be pain free . But that is delusional on a grand scale. :rotfl:

How is work for you? It's strange to be back after so long. I hope you are doing ok, but you were always so regular with your home pt and cycling, which was bound to help.

Daughter is lovely and just working out the last few weeks of term nowa cant believe where the time has gone. Thought I'd worked out a whole schedule of leave and childcare for summer only to see they've sneaked in 2 inset days when we should be returning! I ask yo, nearly 7 weeks off and they still need more time! Grrr. Never mind.

8 weeks til hols, yikes and yay at the same time.

Hope all well with you, my fluttery friend. Big hugs and sunny smiles, Fernie xx
 
Hello gami I was wondering how you were getting on , sorry to hear you've been out of action a bit and hope your eye is settling down. :thumb:

Well, yes, thejourney,hmmm. What more to say? It's slow, tedious, but necessary so onwards I wander, in my flat heels. Yes. :rotfl:Its so good to hear you are virtually pain free, that is amazing and I very much look forward to that myself. :yahoo:

Its great you have found some like minded folk to share experiences and thoughts with, genuiune support and empathy are nice to have.

I saw a poster yesterday that said, Summer is always my favourite week of the year. I did laugh as that sums upyour weather lately. Mind you, you guys must be getting cooler by now i guess?

Im trying to be an encouraging team tour peloton leader and cannot believ 'le tour ' starts in just 2 weeks time.

Take care and keep up the excellent progress. Hugs, Fernie x
 
Hi Fernie,
Good posts. Le tour, yippee, something to look forward to. Watching it that is. :bicycle2:
I am struggling with being back at work. It's all around the ongoing changes, uncertainty, lack of support etc.
My knee is more stiff, tight and swollen since I have gone back but it's not usually painful. Sorry to hear your knee is still causing you pain.
I have decided to do less swimming and cycling this week as I will be working full days and I need to rest more. I have had some more rest time this weekend and feel the benefit.
Summer holidays were always a nightmare for us. We never knew from year to year how we would cover the time but always worked out something in the end. I understand what you mean about inset days.
Thanks for the sunny smiles and hugs, really needed them this weekend.
Have a great week,
Hugs and sunny smiles coming back your way,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Good news, I had a much better day today. Busy busy but I felt more normal. No work tomorrow as I have my enhanced recovery appointment at the hospital in the morning and I have taken the afternoon off.
I don't really feel I need to go as I still remember everything clearly from last time but it's compulsory. Maybe some things will have changed.
Hope your day was a good one. Thanks again for your support, hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Hi Fernie and Toothfairy - daft question but what stroke do you swim? I'm still not in the pool yet but champing at the bit as I'm sure it will help loosen my knee up a bit. I love breast stroke but.....just can't imagine it. :shocked:
 
Hi Fernie, I think we should invent a new stroke, breaststroke arms and kicking legs. Need to think of a snappy name. Any suggestions?
Hopper, jetthugger or anyone else?
:heehee:
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
I like Boney paddle. We could have the breast kick, ouch!!! :egypdance: :SUNsmile: :heehee:
Breast crawl? I think your suggestions are much better Hopper
TF x
 
I just thought of Breast-kick and then scrolled down to see you'd got that already!

where is everyone? think Alison has taken permanent residence of the ODIC ! Still, I guess people move on as they feel better and dont need so much support/dont have time or inclination to post as much/busy enjoying and getting on with their lives!

Hopper Toothfairy
 
OMG! What happened? :yikes:
So busy! Fernie totally right' ODIC lock-ins most nights now!
Gort is handling it well, apart from night time which is frightful if I've overdone the day (so easy to do isn't it???) :shocked:
Hope you are all well & cracking on with the boney breast kicks :heehee:
Nose back to the grindstone!
See y'all in ODIC later! :puppysmooze: :cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom