THR 18 months and still in pain

There is mild nonlinear elevated STIR signal in the acetabulum adjacent to the arthroplasty as well as in the intramedullary space of the femur just distal to the arthroplasty. This may be due to marrow regeneration near the arthroplasty.
This is something to do with the presence of fat and fat is the primary substance in bone marrow.
This could also be due to loosening or motion in these areas.
I quote this only to emphasise the comment.
There is a minimal joint effusion near the arthroplasty. There is an unchanged small fluid collection posterior to left greater trochanter. This could be due to focal bursitis.
Trochanteric bursitis
The finding could also be seen with infection (but) MRI cannot exclude infection this area. However, there was no uptake on the WBC scan previously.
This seems to be saying that the finding of an effusion might indicate an infection and then to say that infection cannot be confirmed in an MRI. Very confusing!
 
@Belladonna all this is so alarming for you, try to wait for a final diagnosis, if it is infection the pain is horrendous, but you will come through it, im so hoping this is not the answer for you, but there are many of us here in the middle of the same thing, we are all here for you. Enormous gently hugsxxxxxx
 
Good Morning, Belladonna
I'm wondering how yesterday went and when you can expect to learn the results of the aspiration?
Prayers will continue. I hope today is a peaceful one for you.
Hugs :console2:
@Belladonna
 
Thinking of you. I hope that the mri scan will enable your dr/surgeon to put a plan in place to address all the pain you are having and give you some relief. Stay strong :flwrysmile:
 
We're here if you need us, Belladonna
I hope today brings you some peace.
Prayers for strength, comfort and healing will continue.
@Belladonna
 
@GrannyC you are the greatest. Here are my thoughts. I don’t think it’s an infection because the fluid was clear. My thigh only hurts when I stand or walk. An infection would hurt all the time. I think it’s a loose component. Dr. Belladonna
 
Makes sense to me, Dr Belladonna.
Of course, what do I know.
I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best though.
:angel:
 
Hopefully that's the case Belladonna.
That would eliminate one of the three surgeries you mentioned.
When will you hear the results of the aspiration?
Hopefully all of this can be resolved soon so you're able to move forward.
A peaceful weekend to you.
 
@Belladonna I think I should have said Dr Belledonna :heehee: I love it! You probably feel like you have a medical degree after all this! That is why you are going to get to the bottom of it and find the right answer/solution!

So what is the plan? Is dr going to call you when he gets results of fluid test or do you have a follow up appt with him? Are you still scheduled for the procedure on the 31? I’m really glad to hear for sure it doesn’t hurt when you aren’t standing? At least you can sit in comfort. What about when you do something like roll over in bed? Can you feel it then?

Just keep on hanging on and keep on fighting. You will conquer this for sure and get that Chevy back to like new condition :yes!::yes!::yes!:
 
:goodpost: Love Granny C. The voice of reason. Isn't she great, Belladonna?
So many nice peeps in the BoneSmart world. We're lucky we have one another.

@Layla this is the doctors report: Drs. Reply: Everything is looking like NO infection. This is good news.
The results are not final yet though.
I will keep and eye out for them.
The next plan is to get a dynamic ultrasound to see if something is moving in your hip if this stays negative.
Are you going to have surgery on your other hip with wichman on jul 31?
 
No infection! That's such a relief!
Try to find some distractions this weekend!
:) :-) (:
 
It sounds like the infection idea is pretty much ruled out so now on to the next test on your way to find the answer. It’ kind of like a journey you’re on but you just don’t know yet how long it will last to find the destination. But slow and steady, one step at a time, makes it to the end. You are doing great and now have one answer. Hang in there and keep us posted!
 
Thankfully it appears there's no infection. Great news! I understand it hasn't been confirmed, but at least it
sounds promising. Is your plan to continue with the procedure scheduled for the 31st?
I hope you're finding some relief from the pain.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend @Belladonna
 
@Layla I am not sure about the surgery in the 31. It does not hurt as much as the left side but if I don’t do it it will not be much help to the left if I need to have something done to that one. However this left side will be no help to the right while I recovering. So I have no idea what to do? What are your thoughts?
 
I'd love to offer an opinion, Belladonna, but I think your decision should be based on two things -
Your level of pain in regard to each hip coupled with your surgeon's opinion. It's my hope you can address both issues in short order so you finally achieve the pain relief you deserve and are able to confidently move forward.

As you know many members have experienced bilateral hip replacements. I'm wondering if you could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, enduring only one recovery. Once and Done! I'm far from a medical professional so I have no clue. If it's even possible, would you consider that?
@Belladonna
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom