THR 18 months and still in pain

Thinking of you as you wait for bone scan results today :roseshwr:
 
@Layla my surgeon texted me not call but text to tell me everything in the scan was normal. But I am in excruciating pain! I have no life! Just because it’s not on paper it doesn’t make it not true!!!!!

At this point I cannot stop crying!!!!!! @GrannyC
 
Aww, Belladonna, I'm sorry. Can you and hubby go out for dinner together?
Maybe it could serve as a healthy distraction. Or are you in too much pain?
Is this the hip that you'll have the procedure done on July 31st?
@Belladonna
 
:console2:
They did a bone scan on me to rule out bone cancer!
You are right...it didn't help get answers (frustrating I'm sure) and doesn't mean something is not causing such pain...but there are worse results!
Please see it is a little bit of a positive.
I hate to see you so distraught!
All I can do is say I care and hope they resolve this.
 
@Belladonna Is the doctor doing your procedure the end of this month the same one that ordered the bone scan? I agree with Mojo that this answer was not helpful but it could have been a dreadful diagnosis, too. (which is my way of trying to say there must be a positive side to this :-) I think you need to get on the phone first thing Monday morning and call your doctor and tell them you are in excruciating pain and you need to find out what is wrong right now!! If I am reading your posts correctly, this pain is not coming from the hip you are getting worked on July 31 so that procedure will not help this pain at all.

You do need to try and find something positive to think about. And don't try to do things around the house. If moving causes pain, just stay put and read, watch tv, knit, post on BS, play games on your phone or Ipad or whatever you do to pass the time. Then Monday morning as soon as the doctor's office opens, call them and see if you can get some answers.

In the meantime, we are all here on BS to help support you so cry, rant, whatever helps and we will all listen and offer what we can to help. Hang in there!! :roseshwr:
 
@GrannyC I called the dr and insisted that dr call me, not the pa not the nurse! He called and I said, “I cannot live like this”. When I am in one spot more than 10 minutes I cannot move because of the pain. He sent me for an MRI right away last night! Waiting to here.
 
Good, Belladonna. I'm glad you were persistent since the pain you're experiencing is excruciating.
Let us know when you get the results. Did they give you any idea when you'd hear back?
Prayers for resolution. :prayer:
@Belladonna
 
Belladonna you have the heart and strength to push past the pain and unknown. I am so impressed with your ability to cope beyond until you find resolution. Just remember how far you have come and the battles you have faught will lead to a better outcome. Many blessing sent your way!
 
Whatever it is...I pray that there is an answer.
I can't make anything better except to say that I pray for YOU...someone I have come to worry for, and hope for.
Where there is life, there is hope.
When we can't cope, a higher power can give us the strength.
Try to believe this.
 
Since the MRI was on the weekend, I’m afraid you probably won’t hear until tomorrow. If you haven’t heard from the dr office by noon, give them a call. Don’t fret about “bothering them.” You are in agony and you need to find out what is causing it.

I’m sorry you are having to go through all this but you will find the answer. Just keep pursuing this until you get it. There was another girl on here last year who had a lot of pain. I forget now how many doctors she saw but her persistence paid off and she finally found one who knew the answer and got her some relief. You will find some as well. Hang in there!! :roseshwr:
 
@GrannyC you are such an encourager! I will never stop fighting!

@Mojo333 I thank you for your prayers! I believe God is in control of this whole situation. I am such a sad case that the MRI tech asked if she could hug me! Lol
 
Hi @Belladonna,
I hope you get some answers and find relief soon.
Let us know when you hear the results from the MRI.
Wishing you a peaceful week.
Hugs for today!
 
@Belladonna, I hope you get a diagnosis from your MRI scans. I, too, had a bone scan that was negative, indicating no issues with my bones. However, the MARS MRI that I had showed soft tissue problems, i.e., atrophy of my gluteus medius and minimus muscles and the tendon tears. May you get results that can help you to recovery.
 
@Layla I am not sure how to post this so everyone gets it. The dr called and there is fluid around the hip joint and he suspects an infection. They aspirating the area in the morning and if it is infection it would mean 3 more surgeries. Please pray for me. I have been crying all afternoon!
 
I got it, Belladonna!
I am so sorry you have to deal with this.
But you did say you KNEW something was wrong.
Certainly we have a few folks on here who have had this complication ...
I'm sure it feels devastating.
I am praying for all to be okay. Truly!:console2:
 
@Mojo333 this is my MRI report. Does not make sense in regards to the fluid around the joint. Not sure who to send it on here to make sense of it.

IMPRESSION: Left hip arthroplasty.
No fracture is identified.

There is mild nonlinear elevated STIR signal in the acetabulum adjacent to the arthroplasty as well as in the intramedullary space of the femur just distal to the arthroplasty. These areas appear mildly increased compared to the prior MRI and correlate with mild radiotracer uptake on patient's bone scan. This may be due to marrow regeneration near the arthroplasty. This could also be due to loosening or motion in these areas. The finding could also be seen with infection. However, there was no uptake on the WBC scan previously.

There is a minimal joint effusion near the arthroplasty. There is an unchanged small fluid collection posterior to left greater trochanter. This could be due to focal bursitis. No evidence could also be due to particle disease.

MRI cannot exclude infection this area. However, this does not appear particularly inflammatory in the adjacent soft tissues.
 
@Belladonna Sending thoughts and prayers your way and I pray for success tomorrow. I certainly don’t have a clue what your MRI report means but I find they often sound scarier than they really are because they use so many medical terms that we have never heard before and I don’t have a clue what they mean. Sometimes my husband Googles nearly every word and it can seem so terrible and then we get to dr office and they say it is nothing - that all those crazy words mean all is normal! :gaah: Bottom line is that your doctor knows what it means and hopefully he can fix it tomorrow.

You know we are all behind you for support and any help we can provide. You knew there was something wrong and this may very well be it so you will soon be heading for recovery and get your life back. I think a while back you mentioned feeling like a broken down Chevy. Well, that vehicle is going in for repair and it will be better than new. Those “vintage” vehicles are worth big $$$ when they are all fixed up you know :yes!:

Sending you a great big hug! I’m sure you are NOT looking forward to another surgery but it will be well worth it if this fixes the problem. Then your tears can be tears of joy! You will get there! Hang in there and post when you feel up to it. In the meantime we will all be thinking of you and sending our prayers and healing thoughts!:roseshwr:
 
Aww, Belladonna I'm very sorry you're hurting so. Physically and emotionally.
And YES, of course I'll be praying for you, I have been all along. Those aren't words I toss around lightly.

I don't fully understand the MRI report either and I'm not sure when Josephine will make it around to sort through it. She's very busy on the forum. So rather than speculate and worry yourself sick over its content, please have your surgeon go over it with you tomorrow.

I understand your fear but if more surgery is necessary to take away the horrid chronic pain you've been suffering....you'll get through it. You'll come out on the other side with the ability to move forward.

I'm sure you have a great support system in your personal life and you know you can count on us to encourage and support you along the journey no matter which turn it takes. I'm praying for your comfort and for perfect peace as you seek answers and resolution. Please keep us updated.

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

Sending a hug your way.
@Belladonna
 
I also just want them to clarify what they think the problem is so you aren't playing the guessing game, and then the plan to get this Chevy on the road.
You have been in pain too too long now.
I know when I had all the misdiagnoses with my original pain...thought it was back...and so frustrated that all was coming back negative for whatever they were looking for...finally a neurologist ordered a Hip Xray and found the end stage OA. They about had me pegged as mental...so I was happy to get an answer, but can't say I was happy to hear Double Hip replacement was the solution.
The solution was my saving grace though couldn't see it at the time.
Try to keep the faith, we are on your side!:angel:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom