THR 18 months and still in pain

Wonderful news, Belladonna!
I'm happy it was finally confirmed.
Assuming the Ultrasound is this week?
Please keep us posted....we're with you.
Hugs and best wishes for a great day!
@Belladonna
 
Thinking of you as you are looking for the answers!! Keep on hanging on!! You will find them.
 
:console2:It's times like these where I feel very inept at finding the words to be comforting.
Just know there are folks who are wishing you some reprieve from your pain and hoping that there will be a solution soon.
 
Belladonna you've been through so much & constant pain is no fun. I pray God will intervene and heals whatever is causing the pain so you could go on with life pain free. If you do need more surgery that it's only one and is miraculously successful. Sleep well tonight.
 
@Lski thank you. My dynamic ultrasound is tomorrow. That should show what is going on. Pain is not fun but this is a great forum!
 
Mojo333 you have always had great words for me. Thank you for thinking about me!

GrannyC tomorrow is my day! I can feel it!

@Layla my ultrasound is tomorrow at 1245 central time
 
You know several of us are remembering you in prayer :prayer:
Stay strong and pray for peace in the midst of it all.
I know you have a strong faith, Belladonna.
Melt into it, breathe and relax. You know who's got this.
Let us know how it goes tomorrow.
Big hugs!
@Belladonna
 
Sending thoughts :roseshwr: and prayers :praying: your way @Belladonna . Hopefully you get results of MRI soon and it will bring some answers. If it doesn’t seem to, you need to keep pursuing this. The answer is out there and just needs to be found. Hang in there! :yes!: You’ve got this!
 
Wondering if you've heard anything on the MRI yet, Belladonna?
Hopefully the source of your pain is soon revealed.
Wishing you comfort as you wait for answers.
@Belladonna
 
@Layla I think I told you the MRI found no infection. I was having a dynamic ultra sound. I have not heard anything today. I had it yesterday.
Here was my experience:
I was so mad yesterday!
The ultra sound tech was so arrogant.
She said, "they won't find anything." The MRI is a doctors best tool and if nothing showed there, nothing will show here either!
Then she said, "your doctor wants a dynamic ultra sound but I'm not doing that."
"We use that for children and infants and we rotate the hips. I'm not doing it!"
Those were the drs orders!
Then the radiologist came in and did it.
Then she said my pain could be psychodynamic!!!!!
Or maybe they can give you pain medication!
Sometimes we just never find the reason!!!!
I was discouraged and furious.


@GrannyC I am starting to lose hope! Maybe it’s just pain!
 
The ultra sound tech was so arrogant.
Sounds crazy.

Just do what you were told to do lady.
Maybe it's some sort of nerve damage pain?
So sorry for all you are going through!
 
I'm sorry, I meant Ultrasound but typed MRI.
It was the aspiration that showed no infection, right?

So the tech said they weren't going to follow your doctors request for the Ultrasound...
I'd pass that info on to your doctor.

What's next.....will you follow through with the procedure on the 31st?
Wish you could find some relief.
@Belladonna
 
@Belladonna You should NOT be in this much pain and in fact, iI don't think that you should have any pain at all at this point.

First thing tomorrow you should call your doctor's office for the results of the ultra sound. It seems to be they should have had those results today. Then you need to have them tell you what the next step is. Remind them in no uncertain terms that you are in PAIN and you need to find an answer. I would also make sure you tell them what happened when you went for the test. They need to know that. You don't want others getting the same treatment you did and the only way the doctor knows is if someone tells him.

Next you can take out some of your frustrations by calling the facility where you had this ultra sound done and ask for the supervisor of the radiology section or the person who is in charge of those doing ultrasounds - whatever they might call him/her. I would explain what happened yesterday and how the tech said she wasn't going to do the test the doctor ordered so someone else had to do it. I would also mention all the negative comments you were given because this is NOT what they should be doing. It sounds like some very unhappy workers there to say the least.

Maybe others have some suggestions as to how you should proceed. I'm sure you are open to any and all ideas. I'm not sure I completely understand your situation. When I read your post about the results of the aspiration, it sounded like maybe you are dealing with two different doctors?? Or did I misinterpret that? If the OS can't come up with an answer soon, I would definitely consider consulting another OS. Maybe you could start researching and calling around to find one who deals with problems from hip surgery or revisions. Even your GP may know of someone. I'm not at all insinuating you may need a revision. It is just that someone who deals with revisions would specialize and be familiar with many problems and might be able to help you.

You HAVE to keep this search going. You need the answer. It is out there but it is going to require some searching on your part so keep pursuing this. Hopefully it helps just a little to know that so many of us care and are here to support you through this. You can do it!! :yes!: :roseshwr:
 
@GrannyC thank you so much for your support. She made me feel horrible! And hopeless

@Layla I am going to get the right hip done and then keep plugging away to find an answer for the left. I am sooooo tired of doctors and some crazy staff!

@Mojo333 exactly! Who are you to decide what you are going to do! Doctors orders mean just that! I didn’t feel like she was looking very hard because she was convinced this was in my head!
 
Five more days until you find partial relief, which I'm sure you'll welcome.
Hopefully the reason for the pain in your other leg is revealed soon.
Hang in there @Belladonna you're making some progress.
Hope today is a good one for you.
 
@Layla results of ultrasound This is the result of the ultra sound
IMPRESSION:
Static and dynamic evaluation of the left hip was performed.
No definitive snapping was identified.
There is thickening of the distal iliopsoas myotendinous junction and the distal tendon, which may be related to tendinosis and possibly partial tears.
There is trace fluid at the greater trochanter. This was the area of most significant tenderness.
No definitive dynamic abnormality was noted in this location.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom