THR 18 months and still in pain

Oh my stars...well you have been saying you knew something is wrong.
And, if true, unfortunately that makes your decision of not pursuing any further medical procedures an impossibility!
What's next? They will confirm?

I know you are sick of this journey, but it must be seen to...and we all want you healthy and happy!
 
Oh Belladonna, I'm so sorry. It never ends it seems. You must be at the end of your rope.
I wish "whatever" it is...you could get it fixed and find a moments peace in all of this.
We're rooting for you....know that. Please keep us posted.
Wishing you comfort and peace.
@Belladonna
 
You're in my thoughts....prayers too.
Hope your weekend is peaceful @Belladonna
 
@Mojo333 the surgery on the right side 2916 replacement will be done July 31. The new surgery doctor suspects fracture of the femur. Bone scan on July 12. I hope if the need to repair it, they can be done together. I can’t handle two more surgeries.
 
I do so hope they can.
I know you have been through an awful lot...and I wish I had better words to reassure you.

I am going to think this is going to get all back on the right track AND get you some much deserved relief from pain.
I know you aren't looking forward to another recovery but that we want...for you to RECOVER!

Thinking of you and sending good mojo your way.:console2:
 
Wow, @Belladonna , you have been down a very rough road and had to endure so much. But you need to pursue all this and get it fixed. You can’t live in so much pain. It is too exhausting and affects your whole life’s activities. It sounds like the new OS may have found an answer so we will pray for s good outcome. The bone scan should confirm or deny the presence of a fracture so it will be good to have those results to side you some guidance. I wish I knew some words of wisdom to pass on but I really don’t so I’ll just let you know I’m thinking of you and sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. :roseshwr:
 
GrannyC, prayer covers it all!

Thank you

It is affecting my life. I think some of my friends think I’m a hypochondriac. How could all of this be happening. How could a great hip surgery turn bad! Why do all my victories turn sour!!! My husband and I have been arguing a lot because I can’t do anything and I’m angry because of the pain!!!

Thank you. Krista

@larry how is it going with you
 
Hi @Belladonna
Well, here we are...July 1st already. Eleven more days until your bone scan and then surgery on your right hip at the end of the month. Hopefully they can fix all that needs repair and you're able to move forward without pain. Let's pray toward that end.

I'm wondering what the procedure for your right hip is called. Will it be the Endoscopic Trochanteric Bursectomy and Iliotibial Band Release you were originally scheduled for on June 14th? Please let us know, we'll then modify your signature.

Something is going on with the quote feature again, sweetie, I know that happened before
and you figured it out. Notice above in relation to your last few responses. Wondering if you could take a look at that again? I think it causes confusion and I don't want to see you losing members who respond to you because of it. You receive some very kind and loving feedback but it takes time to wade through all those unnecessary quotes, sweetie.

Sadly, things can go wrong with THR's on occasion. I'm sorry it happened to you and also sorry your friends think you're a hypochondriac. Its very sad to read it's causing friction between you and hubby resulting in some anger on your part. Maybe try really hard not to discuss it with the friends who think you're looking for an ailment to bemoan and also leave it out of conversation with your husband if it's resulting in discord. Save it for here, or for those who have a sympathetic ear.

I believe you were trying to check in on Larry at @ljpviper I've tagged him for you. Since you tagged him by his first name he wouldn't get the alert. Hopefully he'll come along soon with an update.

Prayers for peace of mind and comfort as you move through July.
 
Last edited:
I can imagine you are beyond frustrated and it is hard not to get bitter about the adversity you've endured. Plus pain just makes us people we are not usually.
Often we are harder on the ones closest to us.
Just as it is or of your control, it is also out of his.
I am praying this is what is necessary to get you out of pain and enjoying life again. Keep the faith!
 
@Belladonna I agree with all that Layla said about your hubby and your friends. As hard as it is, maybe gear conversations toward discussing their activities and interests rather than yours. Try not to talk about yourself if you can and don’t discuss your pain. I guess I’m saying to be more of a listener than a talker. This is sometimes tough for me as I like to talk but I’m working on it. My husband isn’t much of a talker so I think I tend to talk more than I should when I am with friends or family and I’ve been trying to work on that so I learn more about them. This same thing might work for you both with your friends and your husband.

I think responding on BS can get confusing. Even though you are responding to someone who made a post that is now 3 or 4 posts back or even on the previous page, you need to go all the way to the bottom of the page to type. You can be sure they will see what you write by using the @ sign followed by their name with no space between the @ and their name. In fact, as you start to type their name, the computer will bring it up so you can click on it and that way you are sure it is correct. It will be much easier to read your responses if you don’t have so many quotes.

Most importantly try to stay positive and stick with this. If you read a lot on BS, you will find others that have gone through struggles, too. Perseverance and patience can go a long way and most of them have eventually found a solution. Some of them faced the same things as you where people didn’t understand their pain but it is real. That is one of the great things about BS. Everyone on here understands and will help support you through this journey! Don’t hesitate to rant or share your thoughts with us. We understand! Hang in there and this, too, will get better! :roseshwr: :flwrysmile: :yes!:
 
:goodpost: Love Granny C. The voice of reason. Isn't she great, Belladonna?
So many nice peeps in the BoneSmart world. We're lucky we have one another.
 
She is great. First God then my husband and then my Bonesmart family

@GrannyC someone finally explained this so I get it. Many have tried! Thank you for your words of encouragement. I do talk a lot and my husband is also quite. Will keep you posted!!! Big hug to you

@Layla thank you so much. It is hard to hide from my husband. I try. It to complain but he is on this journey with me and I feel bad that he is married to a broken down Chevy. I get it now. Go to the bottom of the page. Why do they have reply under your name if I should go to the bottom of the page? What if I am posting a general statement to all should I go to the bottom of the page
 
Thank you for all the kind words. I look at it like talking to friends and we always want to help our friends. Yes, you always go to the bottom of the page to write. Then you take someone if you want to be sure they see your post.
 
Hi Belladonna,
Always go down to the bottom of the page in the white area where it says in light gray "Write Your Reply"
Right on the right side of your little photo (avatar)

If you're updating to us all, just start typing, when finished hit "Post Reply" (black bar)

Broken down Chevy, that is funny :heehee: I'm sure hubs is sympathetic and just wishes you weren't hurting.
Mostly for you but I'm sure for him and your family also. But you're working toward that right now and with
the advice of a good OS and a resolution to the problem you'll be like a brand new Cadi soon instead of a broken down Chevy. Things will get better.

To brighter days!
 
I just joined this forum tonight, and this is my first post. I was going to make my first post about me and my Right THR just 4 weeks ago. But, I am moved by your story and the extent of what you have endured, so I dedicate my first post to expressing the hope and the prayer that your forthcoming surgery alleviates all your pain and suffering.

Ps: i am so blown away by the awesomeness of this website!
 
Hey @Belladonna, I'm sure you won't mind if I derail your thread for a second to
communicate with Harryn1 who left you the kind post above.

Hi @Harryn1
Welcome to BoneSmart!
Please consider starting your own thread so we can offer you the same encouragement and support you
so kindly offered Belladonna. At only 4 weeks post op we would love to leave you the Recovery Article which is full of useful information. I believe you'd find it very informative. Below is an article on starting your own thread.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/starting-a-new-thread-and-posting.14736/
Hope this helps.

Best Wises as you continue on your healing journey!
 
Sorry for the late update. I seem to improve a little then go backwards. I have been kinda bummed out lately thus my lack of posting. Let's see how I feel this week.

Thanks,

Larry
 
@Harryn1 they have been my crutches! Holding me up when I can’t. Thank you for the kind words! God bless you during your recovery I

@Layla I don’t have all those things you described on my cell phone. On the bottom of your post. My options to the right in orange type are like reply report. At the bottom is a blank bar and to the right and orange reply button
 
:hi: Thinking of you today and will be glad when you are finally able to get that bone scan in a little over a week.
Chronic pain makes us into people we are not..and it IS beyond frustrating. Hang in there...praying this will be the start of some answers.:praying:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom