THR 18 months and still in pain

Wondering if @Josephine could further break down some of this language for us.
I'm feeling hopeful that you'll get through all of this @Belladonna I only wish it wasn't taking so long for you.
Hang in there. Brighter days are on the way!
 
@Layla my surgeon does not want me to have surgery on the right hip if I am having so much pain on the left because the procedure they are doing is non weight bearing.
 
I don’t think it’s an infection because the fluid was clear. My thigh only hurts when I stand or walk. An infection would hurt all the time. I think it’s a loose component.
None of those assumptions are correct. Sorry
I'm wondering if you could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, enduring only one recovery.
@Layla this wouldn't be an option.

@Belladonna your scan:
Static and dynamic evaluation of the left hip was performed = that's the textbook name of an USS!
No definitive snapping was identified = 'snapping' is when ligaments slide over a bony prominence causing a noise
There is thickening of the distal iliopsoas myotendinous junction and the distal tendon, which may be related to tendinosis and possibly partial tears:
iliopsoas myotendinous junction is the join between the ligament and the muscles and the bone. Every muscle has one!
'Myo' means muscle, 'tendinosus' is the tendon!

[Bonesmart.org] 18 months and still in pain


​
There is trace fluid at the greater trochanter. This was the area of most significant tenderness = considering all the problems and surgery you've had on your trocanteric bursa, this is hardly surprising
No definitive dynamic abnormality was noted in this location = Nothing abnormal noted.
 
@Josephine thank you! Not sure what is next. They want me to postpone the surgery on the right hip releasing the IT band. Dr said if the left hip is so tender it will not support the healing on the right if it is a non weight bearing procedure? So confused and tired!
 
I'm afraid I'm none the wiser on that than you are!
 
@Josephine when I looked up tendinosis it listed it as a condition: Tendinosis is a condition which occurs when the tendons start to break down or degenerate. This happens because the tendons might have minuscule tears or disorganized collagen fibers rather than straight collagen fibers. The condition typically occurs in the tendons of the Achilles heel, knee, hip, elbow, and shoulder. Tendinosis is also linked to some underlying conditions such as swimmer’s shoulder and tennis elbow. Usually, you can ease the symptoms of tendinosis using ice and anti-inflammatory medication.
 
@Josephine thank you! Not sure what is next. They want me to postpone the surgery on the right hip releasing the IT band. Dr said if the left hip is so tender it will not support the healing on the right if it is a non weight bearing procedure? So confused and tired!

I'm confused at this point. Not fully understanding the results of the Ultrasound.
I don't know what Jo means by USS. Does the last sentence of the Ultrasound Report indicate a final conclusion on what they found? "NOTHING ABNORMAL NOTED" If so, what procedure will the surgeon that ordered this Ultrasound perform and why?

Since this surgeon is indicating he wants you to postpone your scheduled surgery with the other doctor? The July 31st procedure he must think this issue, (whatever it is) needs immediate attention?

Which hip bothers you the most, on an ongoing basis? I hate to see you cancel a surgery scheduled for next Tuesday if it will bring you relief.

With all of the information provided I've concluded you are seeing two separate surgeons....one for each hip. If so, why? I'm very confused and would like to have a better understanding.
 
Bella, yes I do know that! My comment was referring to this post of yours
@Josephine thank you! Not sure what is next. They want me to postpone the surgery on the right hip releasing the IT band. Dr said if the left hip is so tender it will not support the healing on the right if it is a non weight bearing procedure? So confused and tired!
 
Oh, ok.
Do you want to share a date and the name of the procedure and one of the Mod's can update your signature?
I hope you have a peaceful weekend without much pain.
@Belladonna
 
I get more confused by the day :heehee:
I thought the surgery you mentioned above, the upcoming one in your signature,
was the one this latest doc who did the Ultrasound didn't want you to undergo.
I'm going by the info in Post # 304 above.
At any rate, I'm glad something is happening to hopefully make a dent in your pain.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you await Tuesday, Belladonna.
I hope you can find enough relief to enjoy the weekend.
Hugs
@Belladonna
 
Thinking of you today, Belladonna.
I know your procedure is tomorrow. Hopefully this is the beginning of you finding some relief.
Let us know how you're doing once you're settled in and comfortable.
Prayers and best wishes!
@Belladonna
 
Sending thoughts and prayers your way @Belladonna as you prepare for your procedure tomorrow. At least you will finally get some relief from some of your pain. Slow and steady wins the race so you are ready to start. Once this is fixed, then you can find the solution to the rest of the issues. Take care and post once you feel up to it. :roseshwr:
 
:angel:Would like to add my well wishes too Belladonna.
Will be looking out for your post.
 
Thinking of you.
Hoping this procedure fully eliminates your pain.
Post when you're able. Will look forward to hearing from you.
Wishing you comfort.
@Belladonna
 
Thinking of you today, too, @Belladonna . Hopefully you are able to rest comfortably.
 
@Layla @Mojo333 @GrannyC not sure if I had to message all of you but did not want to miss any one.
My surgery was a big success my husband said the Dr was beaming because he was so pleased. He did not have to do an incision over the old scar to see the bursa. He was able to see it with the scope. He released the muscle. Then he saw my bursa clearly and it was very thick and scared so he did not remove it but he removed all the areas that needed to be gone and were causing me trouble. He cleaned the area. I spent one night in the hospital and slept for 4 hours. Pain is there but nothing like hip replacement. Dr is very optimistic that my problems could be over!!! Praise Gods
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom