TKR 15 yr journy coming to an end...finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all Agree, of course, with @Pumpkln . Follow the mantra and enjoy that all your clothes are too big! I dropped back to my old shorter belt and into my old shorts! We're all headed in the right direction!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
We all Agree, of course, with @Pumpkln . Follow the mantra and enjoy that all your clothes are too big! I dropped back to my old shorter belt and into my old shorts! We're all headed in the right direction!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I wish I had something that fit. Been many years since I weighed this. LOL

I've overdone it before but this time I really did it. But this too shall pass. Right now I'm freezing from icing my knees. But they are feeling a little better. Actually I may take a shower and let the warm water run over my knees. It really allows me to flex a little more, but then I probably should wait till morning. I'm hoping I can run to the grocery store in the AM for a quick trip before the crowds hit.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.
 
Took my last Tramadol last night. I actually slept better than I do when I take a sleeping pill. Knees feel better today. Trying really hard to not overdue it again. Did go to grocery store early and missed all the Harley' s. Forgot though I needed to carry the bags inside. Immediately iced them and took a nap. Now I have to wrap up the meat for the freezer. Think I'll sit down fit that. lol (I always wrap and freeze individual servings)
 
@sleenie that's why I love my kitchen island stools. I'm making more user of them cooking than ever.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@sleenie that's why I love my kitchen island stools. I'm making more user of them cooking than ever.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Agree. I don't have a kitchen island but I do have a bar area and I'm using the bar stool. Getting easier to stand for longer times but it wears me out. (And my knees tell me not too. lol)
 
Yep. It's even better when you stand and sit repeatedly. Although visitors will think you've gone quite mad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Sure wish my right leg felt as good as my left. The right one bothers me in all of the same places it did before the surgery. I know it took longer to replace than the left mainly due to ligament issues. I'm assuming that may be the reason why. Even when it swells, it's in the same place. Just have to watch it and ice more often.

I hope everyone in the USA has a great holiday. I have no special plans, just trying to get some cleaning done a little at a time. I may try crocheting again. Since I'm off the narcotics my attention span has improved. And let's face it, I don't need my knees to do it. lol
 
I've read about the "internal" stitiches popping through. My PT does massage my scar but i haven't seen her since last week. I have 2 spots on one knee that seem to be causing some pain when my fabric rubbed up against them.

I can feel little sharp points with my fingers so I'm assuming it is internal stitches popping thru. Is there anything that can be done or is it just a wait and it will go away? Extremely annoying and uncomfortable.
 
You just have to wait for them to go away, and yes it is annoying.
 
I had one for 3 weeks.
I finally used a tweezer to pull it off. I had visions I was going to unzip the whole incision. Just the part above the skin came off, and no I did not unzip the incision.
 
I had one for 3 weeks.
I finally used a tweezer to pull it off. I had visions I was going to unzip the whole incision. Just the part above the skin came off, and no I did not unzip the incision.

LOL I think you may be braver than me. I'll give it a couple of days. Then my PT may have other ideas on Wed. since she massages it each time. Guess it is just part of the healing process. Thanks.
 
I have a small mole that has been on the inside portion of my left knee for some time. (Always flesh colored) I noticed that the past couple of days it has turned darker and since this AM it turned very dark. Could the ice wraps cause this? Maybe I'm freezing it off?

I called my PCP and of course the appt would be way out. (dermatologist even further out) I'm going to see a PA that specializes in skin problems tomorrow but thought I would check here too. Not a big fan of PA's but at least it will be looked at and I can still call the dermatologist tomorrow. Anyone had anything like this?
 
I don't know but I think it's worth having the PA look at it.
 
Ok, I had a really busy day. First PT, then lots of errands around town.Left at 9:30 and didn't get home till 4pm. Even stopped at one of my favorite places for lunch. My last visit was my doctors off only to find out they double booked the PA. Had to reschedule for Friday. By the time I got hone I was exhausted. Took a nap for abt 1 hr. When I went to bed at 9pm I was pleasantly surprised to fall asleep almost. Immediately. Woke up abt 1:30am I couldn't get right back to sleep. So instead of tossing and turning I got up. (And here I am)

Think I just wore myself out today. In fact, I'm thinking I might just be able to back to sleep now. I prefer to sleep straight thru the night but this US the most straight thru a while. (4 hrs) Maybe I can get another 4 hrs.

Good night!
 
Lol! Welcome to my world. . Or should I say most of ours!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Was so happy...went to bed at 9pm and fell right sleep. Woke up at midnight, took a pill and went right back to sleep.sleep. Woke up at 3:15 and here I am. Decided I'm not going to toss and turn when I can't sleep but get up and do a couple of things. Hopefully I can go back to sleep soon. Have PT in the morning and a busy day planned.

Pain has definitely been manageable with just Tylenol for the most part. I'm sure it would be better on narcotics but the side effects are not worth it. I still have the tight band around my ankles which drives me crazy. I do not see any swelling which is what the OS thinks it is. I sure do enough ankle exercises.

Decided to treat myself to a pedicure next week. Tried to do my own and even though I could do.it, decided it was too much work. I keep torking my knee and that's not good. Amazing how the simple things become more difficult, at least for a while.

Well, back to bed and sleep. (I hope)
 
Sleenie, you have the "Right Stuff!" With your attitude you'll go far! Sweet dreams (hopefully)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Pretty good day. Had a hefty session at PT but it was good. Progress s being made.

Ran some errands and visited a friend. No nap and I'm up later than I have been lately. Got a cricket that I can't find. With as loud it is, I'm surprised. If nothing else, hopefully the search wore me out. LOL Headed to bed and even with the cricket I hope to drop off quickly. Time will tell. Hope so, because I want to hit the farmers market early.

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom