THR 15 September Right joins Left

:rotfl::rofsign::rotfl:

That's great!
Thanks for the laugh even though you made me choke on a gummy bear!
 
@subie2021 Sorry for your gummy bear choke, not a nice thing to happen. My wife was in stitches because she heard me telling it on the phone. I had already decided on this story before I went in as I got so sick of hearing of the miraculous jump down from the operating table stories. In my head though I am also cycling during my THR to keep the electricity going...maybe put it in the next time, and we all know there will be a next time.
 
HaHa! That will hopefully give them a hint that you don't want to hear about ppl leaping tall buildings in a single bound on Week Four post op! :wink:

Here is a thread from the Community Area of the forum on this very topic for your amusement. Enjoy!
Tall Tales from the THR Fairy Tale Book
@DK63
 
@DK63 ROFL! Love your response! You can also tell them about your online friend who had a bilateral THR and the next day danced with the Rockettes in New York. That being totally fictitious by the way but does make a good one-up-manship story.
 
Oh wow, that was funny, good for you, just put everyone in their place early on.
They are all experts and I especially love the ones with all the answers that never had surgery!!!
Sorry you have been in pain but sounds like your sense of humor will get you through.
Stay well.
 
Well I can't stop myself from singing "I've just blown in from the windy city", must be the meds. Alas, today I have joined the Overdid it Club. However, it is a bitter irony that got me there. Today I was at the horsepital to have wound checked (pic attached). So, in and out of taxi, 30 minute drive and the nurses station could not be any further from the reception area whilst remaining in the same postcode/zipcode. Then to see physio where it was standing room only waiting for about 20 minutes. Then some exercises, nice and gentle and refused to do any that gave me pain, and physio was very understanding. Then back to taxi and home. So now, a couple of painkillers, elevation and ice and a nice rest tomorrow.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 15 September Right joins Left
    20220929_130042.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 86
:wave: Hope today will be an "easy does it" day after yesterday's adventure.
All looks to be healing well and this will all just be a snapshot in time!
Happy Friday!
 
Thank you kindly @Mojo333 . A snapshot in time, nice. Its like "pictures from my heart ". And now, I am going to give everyone the heads up on having two hips done. Through many many years of study, years of research, of thousands of patients and surveys it has now been proven, that having a right and a left hip replacement are completely different procedures. It is an undisputed fact that one of them is done on the right leg and the other, is the left leg. I hope that helps other double hippies....thanks.
 
It is an undisputed fact that one of them is done on the right leg and the other, is the left leg. I hope that helps other double hippies....thanks.
It's wisdom like this that makes our patient forum so special:loll:

All Temporary became an important mantra for me as I had two "completely different procedures" done at one surgical session and found myself overwhelmed and feeling very vulnerable.

This recovery business can be an up and down journey, but all well worth ridding myself of chronic pain and getting back to healthy and happy.:happydance:
 
I left school at just 16,
Thought I would become a marine,
Better yet a football pro
Or maybe just a GI Joe.

None of the above came to fruition,
As I lacked a lot of tuition
What to do was the question
Something I liked would ease the tension.

So I had always loved carpentry
And found a course at university
After 4 years had my diploma
Loved the work
Stopped being a moaner

Oh how I love the power tools
The range of saws made me drool
Screwdrivers state of the art
Chisels and mallets to melt my heart

For over 10 years I plied my trade
Everything I built made the grade
Saw dust I love air tight joints
All my work well on point.

And then there came a possibility,
Few years training it was made for me
A new career would start to burgeon
So I became an orthopaedic surgeon.

Bill Chiseller OS, OMG, WTH
 
To the chorus tune of You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille

I picked a fine time to have THR
My wife's ran off with the
surgeon and they took the car
She put my walker in the cellar
My crutches in the attic
And threw my sticks on the fire
And its hard to imagine but it really did happen
That things got even more dire

You picked a fine time to start working Miralax
When I wasn't expecting to be so unrelaxed
The toilet paper she has taken And left me forsaken
With last Saturdays TV Guide
And the programme the first on
Couldn't have been more wrong
Clint Eastwood in Rawhide

I picked a fine time to have THR.
 
Years ago, there was an anti-drug public service announcement on American television.

Shot of an egg with a serious voice-over : "THIS IS YOUR BRAIN"
Next shot of an egg, scrambled in a pan with the voice-over: "...AND THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS."

Is this your brain on drugs? Because it's quite a lovely, funny brain and we all hope that once you knock off the hard stuff, it will still be a lovely, funny brain. in the meantime, keep 'em coming! We all need the laughs.
 
Hi to you @Woodstockhip ...no drugs other than paracetamol and a tramadol every now and then. Bad day today for Mr Righty new hip ....so writing takes my mind off it and gives me something to think about other than worrying about all the issues we all have and hoping that it is going to end well. Actually, in my head I was rewriting the song Woodstock with THRs being a half a million strong but got waylaid. How you doing today? Surely the public announcement would have been better using a fried egg?
 
Ya know, it might have been a fried egg. I can't remember. Too many drugs. :) Sorry you're having a bad day -- my Righty isn't too happy either. I have to remind myself that this business of recovery is not a straight line. It's all wiggly-jiggly and just when you think everything is cooking along nicely, you get hammered. That's me today. Plus the weather is horrible, I'm sick of my couch, and I need some good TV recommendations. I have Britbox and Acorn...anything I should watch? (Chances are, if you saw it last year, it'll be available to me now). It must be 11:00 where you are -- sleep well!
 
@DK63 and @Woodstockhip Check out the Social Room here (under the Community heading above). There are threads of funnies and threads of others favorite TV shows and movies. And other threads that might entertain you when feeling bored :yes:
 
@Woodstockhip Sorry to hear your Righty is playing up as well. I know recovery is not a straight line from last time but I thought I would have made more progress by now and less pain. But, I shall keep on the path and see where it takes me. I know I'm getting stronger and high backed armchair has now been ordered so looking forward to that. Keep the faith @Woodstockhip and we shall get there.
 
@DK63, It’s been a while since you’ve checked in. Hoping you are just having too much fun with your new hip and that nothing is amiss.
 
Hi @Woodstockhip and how are you doing and thanks for your message. I have been following your progress and hope you have a successful and uneventful recovery. I have moved from Crutches to Sticks/canes. (No, these are not towns in the UK ). Still getting a lot of swelling on operated side but mainly after I have been sitting in chair, then calf and foot swell and shin hurts so ice and elevate. I seem to think I had this the last time for quite some time. How are you finding it all? Difficult to prepare for the recovery although thankfully you have support and like minded people on this site. Is it true that if you remember Woodstock then you weren't at Woodstock? I have an American cousin who was there, at least in spirit, and has pictorial evidence.
Am thinking about a song in hip hop
Bout my recent hip op
Don't want it to be a rip off
Bout miralax giving me lift off
Wanna uneventful recovery
And am going patiently
Wanna be walking nicely soon
So by Christmas I can lasso the moon.....
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom