shelli22
senior
I was just wondering, given the choices I have been given, what others would choose if they found themselves in the same predicament. I found out that my knee is misaligned. Tomorrow I will have a CT scan to determine by how much. If significant I have two choices, wait three months and if the knee improves and I can tolerate the pain, live with it and do nothing. That would mean that I would have to contend with a noticeably crooked knee that appears very knock kneed and affects my gait, hips and back. Not to forget that I’m already very self conscious about the unsightliness of my legs and this will just make the situation a whole lot worse.
Or, wait three months to allow it to cool as it’s still recovering from the last surgery eleven weeks ago, then have a revision to correct the part that was put in incorrectly, which I’m pretty sure was the femoral part. They were the choices I was given. This will result in a 20% drop in pay if I don’t return to work by the end of July.
If I choose that option I will have to move house as that drop in pay makes my current housing unaffordable. And then, that’s going to cost heaps too as I will need a removalist etc.
@Josephine if the CT scan comes back and the knee is significantly misaligned, would it be too risky to request surgery sooner rather than waiting three months to allow it to cool from the trauma and inflammation of the past two surgeries (these were only eight weeks apart)? I have been sitting around for nine months already, since my initial fall on 22/7/17. It would just mean getting it over and done with so I could go back to work sooner. I just fear that I’m going to traumatise an already traumatised knee and will that slow recovery and risk delaying my return to work anyway? I have a feeling this is a how long is a piece of string question lol.
I value the opinions of others and would be interested to hear your thoughts thank you.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Or, wait three months to allow it to cool as it’s still recovering from the last surgery eleven weeks ago, then have a revision to correct the part that was put in incorrectly, which I’m pretty sure was the femoral part. They were the choices I was given. This will result in a 20% drop in pay if I don’t return to work by the end of July.
If I choose that option I will have to move house as that drop in pay makes my current housing unaffordable. And then, that’s going to cost heaps too as I will need a removalist etc.
@Josephine if the CT scan comes back and the knee is significantly misaligned, would it be too risky to request surgery sooner rather than waiting three months to allow it to cool from the trauma and inflammation of the past two surgeries (these were only eight weeks apart)? I have been sitting around for nine months already, since my initial fall on 22/7/17. It would just mean getting it over and done with so I could go back to work sooner. I just fear that I’m going to traumatise an already traumatised knee and will that slow recovery and risk delaying my return to work anyway? I have a feeling this is a how long is a piece of string question lol.
I value the opinions of others and would be interested to hear your thoughts thank you.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Australia
Hugs to you for a weekend that is as restful as possible.