Guest viewing is limited

THR 11 month checkup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: swimming

Have you had your post-op followup yet? If not you might want to call your OS office and check. There are certain swimming strokes to avoid must post-op. Your incision needs to be totally healed as well (I assume by now it is). Always best to check as every OS is different but I'll bet they say no problem.

Enjoy!
 
Re: swimming

Wow Landlady a cruise, how nice that will be. What's even more amazing is doing that already. My doc had told me after he took my staples out that I was fine about a week later to get into a pool, even suggested but I haven't yet. Think I will this weekend!!

Enjoy the cruise and be careful. :dancy:
 
Re: swimming

Hi Landlady

Afraid you can't do the breast stroke, just slowly walking in the pool if possible might be good for your hip and it being heated will be a bonus as well.
Enjoy your cruise you lucky person.
 
Re: swimming

Hiya, I think it will be good just messing about in the water, I think a pina colada while sat in the jacuzzi will go down ok.We have got comfirmation and cabin number tonight and we are quite near a lift which is good. At home i started using the stairs 1 step at a time but now i can walk up normally.I really think having the hip cemented inmakes a lot of difference mobility wise.:cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:
 
Re: swimming

Do check with your doctor. Hot tubs in public places like cruise ships and hotels can be a bit questionable in terms of care, so I would heed your surgeon's advice.
 
Re: Lady Plumber

Any news from ladyplumber (Jan)?
 
6 week post op update

Hiya Everyone, I am back from my Norwegian fjords cruise and it made a nice change, I did nt go in the pool as the weather was not warm enough. I did take my crutches with me and used them when out and about. Now i am back at home i am trying to get back to normal, I still take 1 anti-inflam tablet in the morning and my doctor still has me on the 10 mg Butrans patch but i will make an appointment to discuss coming off them.I am more or less doing all the housework again except for vacuming as mine is a heavy one. My next appointment at Wrightington is in 2 weeks time.I just hope he gives the ok for flying and for driving again, also i am hoping to get cycling again.:yes 4::yes 4::yes 4:
 
Re: 6 week post op update

Good to hear you are doing well and for the update! Glad you had a great vacation, especially so soon after the surgery! Keep it going...

xoxoxo,
Linda.
 
Re: 6 week post op update

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation!!! And it sounds like you're doing well back at home too. Good for you!
 
Re: 6 week post op update

Wow..........well done for sure. Fantastic vacay and good healing by the sounds of it......congrats to you.
 
Re: 6 week post op update

Hi, Thanks for the replies but i think i will need another holiday by the time i have all the ironing done and the housework back to normal. lol
 
Re: 6 week post op update

Isn't that always the case? Have you noticed how you do double the amount of work getting ready for the trip and another double the amount clearing up after it? Ironic, isn't it?

But the fjords must have been worth it. Any photos? Come on - you must have photos!
 
Stiff

Hiya Everyone, I am nearly 7 weeks post op and the only problems i have are. 1, When i have been sat down a while i am very stiff in the lower back i have gone back to sitting in the chair ot provided just to see if that helps. Next problem is the scar area being a bit tender Do you think i would be better to take a couple of paracetamols. I have not taken any painkillers for a while now.
 
Re: Stiff

Linda

your stiff back and tenderness sound very familiar to me.

I still get a stiff back at 12 weeks thouth this may be coming from my other hip

I was advised to take paracetemols which helps
 
Re: Stiff

I would suggest that at 7 weeks you are still suffering from post-op pain. You need to be taking the pills every day, at least twice a day for at least another couple of weeks.

I've also added this to your previous thread to keep all your stuff in one thread - okay?
 
My First Checkup

Hiya, Today i have been for my first checkup. We arrived at Wrightington half an hour early just incase they wanted new xrays. I checked in at reception and no sooner had i sat down they called me in to see my Consultant. He asked if i was pain free and then i had to walk to the door and back, He then asked if i had any questions so i asked about swimming, driving, cycling flights abroad and he replied anything you used to do before your operation. Next he said he would see me in 8 months and thankyou for coming.:thumb::thumb::thumb:Freedom
 
Re: My First Checkup

Hallo, Landlady,

It's great when the expert says you can do all the things you were doing before your operation. Mine said I wasn't supposed to run unless it was a short dash for a bus. Haven't even tried that yet. I also remember being quite a show-off and walking in carrying my twin hospital aluminium sticks defiantly under my arm, as if to say: "I have finished with you pair. Begone: you are banny shed!"

Little did I know I would still be reaching for my bright shiny folding stick 3 or 4 months later but maybe that won't be the case for you. I am a slow healer, owing to old age and stupidity. Whereas you seem to know what you are doing, and I wish you well.

Maybe not such a good idea to celebrate your rediscovered freedom by knocking back as many as THREE pints, each with a very tall head of froth on the top, as in your illustration.

All the best,

Alan
 
Re: My First Checkup

Great news landlady must admit I do feel great when I get in the pool.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom