Guest viewing is limited

THR 11 month checkup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Heading to Week 3

So glad to here your starting to do the things you enjoy pain free.Well done at slimming world thats great in 2 months
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

Well done Lynda, so pleased you are getting off the painkillers, going to the shop and well done with Slimming World - something positive with a goal. I was only allowed to ditch the crutches when I went for my 6 week check up but I have found that I do need my stick especially when walking for any distance. Don't rush it, better being safe than sorry.

Carole x
 
Lady Plumber

Hiya Everyone, I thought i would just let you know i have just had a text message from her saying------ Hi, I am ok and morphined up. I loved that stuff:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
 
Re: Lady Plumber

I was just thinking about Jan! Please let her know we are anxiously awaiting her first update from this side. Thanks for the update!
 
Re: Lady Plumber

How are you doing Landlady? Can't find your threads.
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

Hi Linda, just found your threat. I'm glad your surgery went well, mine too. I am also on crutches, and I don't mind. So we finally got the surgeries behind us:yay:. They stopped my blood thinning shots after 14 days, and I never got the socks. Today I weight myself, same weight as last month. I faithfully do my physio exercises every day, just have problems with the abduction(?). Slow and easy does it. Hope we'll run around a few months down the road. Good luck with your recovery, and let's have lots of snoozes.
 
work

Hiya Everyone, I have just been to work for 3 hours this afternoon, I know its not quite 4 weeks but i was only serving customers in the Charity Shop where i am a volunteer. It made me feel so much better getting back with the girls in the shop and having our tea and biccies, (i am one of the young ones)We have a high chair behind the till and a grabber and i was not on my own either. Plus i only spent £4. I will be careful. PROMISE
 
Re: work

Sounds like the right approach! Easing into new activity will work.

So glad you were able to get out and back in the swing of things. Getting back your social life is really motivating!
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

Mmmmm......naps.......aren't they great....I have so learned to enjoy them again.....all those times when I was little and said I didn't wanna take a nap.......I take them all back now.lol. You are doing fantatstic Linda. Well done girl. Try not to rush things.......to me this whole rehab thing seems to be alot like potting training a toddler........its gonna happen in its own good time and you can't rush it no matter how hard you try. lol
 
Re: work

I'll say........nice to have a place like that to go back too. I go in to work to pick up old paystubs and say hi and they are chasin me outta there. Their idea is that since the doc gave me the full 6 month package deal and that it will all be covered then I really should take advantage of it and stay away and work on healing.......I am already goin stir crazy....lol...maybe I will go see if I can volunteer someplace out here......I think we have a large yard sale type place that is opened all summer....maybe I will try t hat..lol

Enjoy your time with the girls.
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

.to me this whole rehab thing seems to be alot like potty training a toddler........its gonna happen in its own good time and you can't rush it no matter how hard you try. lol

Well Nadine - I've never head that analogy - but it sure is right on!:hysterical:
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

Linda, I'm glad you are doing so well and slowly getting back to the things you enjoy!
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

Hi Linda

Ya Beauty great news remember don't try and push yourself don't think you are going to make the London Olympics so take it really easy and do everything at a steady pace.
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

Hiya, I am definatley not doing anything stupid cos i have just booked a cruise for next week round NORWAY no flying involved just relaxing.
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

She's off on her travels again!!:yay:
Have a lovely time,what a great way to recouperate - enjoy it
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

Enjoy Linda! Pictures please?
 
Re: Heading to Week 3

You certainly know how to enjoy yourself....my in laws did a cruise like that a few years ago.....beautiful scenery. Have a great time.
 
swimming

Hiya Everyone, I am going away next week on a cruise, On board they have a heated pool, I will be 5 weeks post op with my cemented ceramic hip. Would i be ok going in the pool.There is also 2 jacuzzi next to the pool.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom