THR 11 month checkup

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 weeks

Hiya Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the nice weather we are having especially in the UK. I told my hubby after my operation i would like a new bicycle and i got one last week. I have done a few short rides and a couple of 10 mile bike rides so far, as i am not over doing it. I am only taking painkillers when and if i need them now, but my Doctor told me still to take naproxen twice a day. All in all i am doing well as i don t use any walking aids at all now. So i am happy and i don t need to see my consultant for 8 months. Goodluck to everyone on getting mobile and no pain.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
 
Re: 10 weeks

[Bonesmart.org] 11 month checkup


Wonderful!!! Biking is such great exercise.
 
aqua zumba

Hiya Everyone, I have just found out our local hotel Leisure centre does Aqua Zumba, I think i may have a try at it this week.I will just pay for 1 session just to see how it goes. Has anyone tried this exercise.:dancy::dancy::dancy:
 
Re: aqua zumba

Hi Landlady

haven't heard of AZ but am trying to find someone who does Zumba Gold in my area as its a gentle form of the original Zumba

I think Wii Fit now do a Zumba programme so I might have a look at that & see if it includes Z/Gold

Let us know how you get on with the AZ :loll:
 
Re: aqua zumba

Sharonann, if you go here and type in your location and which type of class you want, they will give you a list of the classes in your area. If you aren't sure what all those class options are (because I certainly wasn't :what:) there are descriptions of them at the bottom of this page.

Good luck!
 
Re: aqua zumba

Hi Alex, thanks for the info - have found 3 instructors who do Zumba Gold within 1/2 drive of home so am now waiting to hear back from them with details.
 
16 Weeks Post op

Hiya Everyone, I have nt been on for a few weeks as my laptop has been poorly. I just thought i would give an update of my progress. I decided after my revision surgery that r i would try and get fit, I bought a new bicycle and have been riding that a lot, I have also been swimming once a week and even tried aqua zumba but that was hard work. The only problem i have with my hip is when i get in the car sometimes without thinking the scar area hurts a bit so i had better take more care.I still get 1 or 2 aches and pains on my hip but nothing like before.Well thats all my moanining done, so now for the good stuff I have booked a 5 week cruise for January 2012 so i must get in shape. Linda
 
Re: 16 Weeks Post op

Linda, great recovery! You are 1 week ahead of me and doing great. I am happy you booked a cruise. i want to try aqua zumba in January.
 
Re: 16 Weeks Post op

Good for you!!!!
 
Hello

Hiya Everyone, I have not been able to post recently as my computer did nt like my coffee being spilt on it. So hopefully I will not have anymore problems now its had a clean out. My revision surgery in May this year has been a bit of a disappointment as I still have pain and get stiff after being sat down for to long,I expected being completely pain free, But its not as bad as before the revision. I do not have to go back to Wrightington Hospital till May next year for a check up and I will have to have blood tests to see if the cobalt and chromium have gone down because they were very high before the revision. anyway bye for now Linda
 
Re: Hello

Hi Linda good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear that the revision isn't all you expected, hopefully it will get better in time. How's the cycling?
Lisa
 
Re: Hello

Hi Linda, good to see you back. Six months is about half way to full healing so please be patient. It really does take a good full year to see the final results. Hang in there, you are still on the mend!

I bet you are much better by your one year anniversary. Good luck.
 
Re: Hello

Hi Linda, nice to hear from you again. We have to tell ourselves that we are probably only half way done with the recovery. I also expected more and faster results. Let's be patient and compare notes next year in May.
 
Re: Hello

Hi Linda

Sorry to hear your revision hasnt been as sucessful as you would have liked,have you thought about trying to get an earlier appointment to have a chat at wrightington?
Im doing really well no pain but have been suffering a bit with swelling in my ankle at work -i havent been on here for ages just going to post to see what josephine and the others think.
Keep me updated with your progress -take care of yourself
 
Checkup

Hiya Everyone, I have nt been in here for a while so I hope everyones doing ok. I have received an appointment for a checkup next month so it will be 11 months since my revision surgery. I am hoping to get results from the metal hip i had removed as they sent it to the London Implant retrieval Centre for examination. I will also have blood tests to see if the cobalt and chromium levels has gone down at all. I am doing great at the moment I going to the gym most days and swimming a lot, Some people have been told not to do breast stroke but i asked my surgeon last year and was told its ok. Anyway thats all from me.Take care:yay::yay::yay:
 
Re: Checkup

Congrats on feeling so good. I love the inspiring posts!
 
Re: Checkup

Sounds like you are doing great. Good to have you here. Welcome. Please keep posting so we can get to know you. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:loll:
 
Re: Checkup

Good report, thelandlady!!! :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom