Guest viewing is limited

THR 11 month checkup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ouchhhhh

Aww Linda, you probably just stretched the skin a bit . I've done it too. You are doing the right thing. Ice it as well. That skin is still healing so somtimes we get a little unexpected reminder of that. You should be ok as it had no impact on the hip, I am confident. Take care and keep us posted :sigh:...
 
Re: breast stroke

I would like to try swiming again - probably not until after I have had my other hip done.

Unfortunatley the only stroke I can swim is the breaststroke. When I try the crawl I suffer from negative buoyancy!
 
Re: ouchhhhh

Best thing to do with the scar is to try not to look at it. G kept me informed about mine, although I was not really interested. At the swimming pool I wear a ridiculously skimpy bathing costume, in defiance of the fashion police who decree that it is unseemly so to do. One or two have asked what the scar is, but most simply don't notice.

I imagine it is quite sore if you catch it on something in the very early stages, but thereafter it just becomes part of the scenery, together with the wrinkles, pot belly, etc. Honestly, after about 6 weeks you simply won't notice it any more.

All the best,

Alan
 
Re: ouchhhhh

Hiya, My scar seems ok at the moment, I think it must have been how i got in car and i must have just stretched it.I will take more care in future. thanks for your replies.
 
Re: ouchhhhh

Glad your feeling better! Yesterday my physical therapist did some kind of massage on my scar. She said it is stop the scar from attaching to your bone or something. I will look it up online see if I can find out how to do it. maybe that is what happen to you?
 
Re: ouchhhhh

Hi landlady sorry to hear about your wee accident and glad things are have healed up for you.
Christina would love some of that physio work done on my back.
 
Re: ouchhhhh

When I can in with private insurance and not a worker comp case I swear their eyes lit up and they said I need work on everything lol. I am not complaining. Can't wait for them to start on my back.
 
Re: ouchhhhh

That massage: well, I suppose it gives him something to charge you for! Can't see it myself!
 
Re: ouchhhhh

Yikes, wouldn't want that on my scar, because it feels so numb and yucky. I am using my vibration belt around the hip now, and it feels less tight after.
Sorry about your boo boo Linda. I find it difficult to get into the car properly. Can see how you stretched the scar. Hope it'll be better soon.
 
Re: ouchhhhh

The massage helps keep the scar from healing on the bone. Something like that. It did NOT hurt at all when she did it but it did hurt later on that night. Suppose also help the scar heal flat. While she did it she even felt something pop. Ewwww lol. She will do it again on monday. Offered to do it again today and I was like no way I am still sore. I am suppose to try and do it myself tomorrow. I will let everyone know if it helps. The 4 days that I have been there the swelling has gone down a ton. All the muscles around the scar are much softer now. The incision area does have a few spots that a raised but overall I think it looks fantastic for 4 weeks!
 
Re: ouchhhhh

That's what I don't get, Christina. Scars just don't "heal on the bone"! :scratch:

The demo of the Achilles tendon, now that kind of scar can be a problem but not because it gets 'tethered' anywhere but because those scars have a tendency to contract.
 
Re: breast stroke

@Josephine:
(tagging Jo so she can see your request for comments, Alan)
 
Re: breast stroke

I saw this post before, Jamie, but the 'negative buoyancy' I have is not really being able to fully understand why surgeons offer this advice anyway - along with no digging, no kneeling, no violating 90 degree rule ever and etc.! :scratch:

I mean, how many thousands of hippies do you suppose there are in the UK that have never been told this and just go ahead an do it anyway?
 
Re: ouchhhhh

Something withe fibers or something and will help smooth out the scar. Who knows if it will work or not. My scar even though kinda long is amazing
 
Re: breast stroke

Thanks, Jo!!!
 
Re: breast stroke

Digging??...done although very small. Kneeling???....made it into one of my excercises. Break the 90 degree rule......way over that one. lol.....swimming???.......really havne't tried that one yet. I can and do swim.......front crawl, breast stroke, back stroke. Been in the lake since surgery....just haven't worked my way up to an actual swim....me thinks I will wait for a pool to do that...lol
 
Re: ouchhhhh

Well, yes - but then scars (and all tissues) are made of fibres. If a person has a contracted or otherwise problem scar, perhaps it might be useful.

Forgive me - I'm an old nurse and tend to be sceptical about these things! :wink1:
 
Re: ouchhhhh

Well, yes - but then scars (and all tissues) are made of fibres. If a person has a contracted or otherwise problem scar, perhaps it might be useful.

Forgive me - I'm an old nurse and tend to be sceptical about these things! :wink1:

LOl I NEVER heard of it myself. They say they are going to do these things to me and I just say ok :rolleyespink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom