THR 11 month checkup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday afternoon outing,

Hiya Everyone, The sun came out here in Blackpool this afternoon, So we went up to the shops in Cleveleys and had a walk, We went in Home and Bargains because i wanted some sweets, lol Then went to a cafe armed with my cushion and had a drink. Just a bit of fresh air does wonders. Linda
 
Re: Can I come in.

Wonderful!!!!!
 
Re: Can I come in.

Linda

What was the weather like in Blackpool this morning?

A bit dull and cold here in Southport - only about 15 miles south along the coast but perhaps 30 by road. Watched the Monaco GP on the TV rather than take a walk

Friday it was blowing a gale - not suitable for walking on the promenade. Sand everywhere!

You seem to be doing really well.

I am sure you will keep us posted!

Its amazing to know people are so close!

Regards

Dave
 
Pain Meds

Hiya Everyone, I know this is proberley a repeat question, Before my operation i used to clock watch to take my tablets every 4 hours. Now with that pre op pain gone and just a bit of discomfort on the scar, what should i take, I used to take 2 tramadol and 2 paracetamol every 4 hours and 1 namproxen twice a day. I also still have a 10mg butrans patch on. Yesterday i forgot my painkillers after the breakfast ones, so i only had one dose all day.:scratch::scratch::scratch:
 
Re: Pain Meds

What did your OS prescribe and for how long? It is a bit early for you to be decreasing your pain meds.

But having said that, when you start forgetting doses it is usually a sign you don't need as much. Were you comfortable with the one dose?

The problem is this whole thing is a cycle. Just post-op it is important to stay ahead of the pain - so you take the prescribed doses. As you start getting more and more active there may be more discomfort - so you stay on the prescribed dose to keep your activity levels progressing. As you build your strength and things settle you start forgetting doses and ease off naturally.

I would stay on your prescribe dose for awhile. Still early days!
 
Re: Pain Meds

I agree. Eventually you will find yourself forgetting odd doses - usually the midday ones. That's okay but you just need to take note of whether you suffered for your lack of attention or if it was okay. If the latter, it's a good sign you can start to slack off a bit. Some people are lucky in that they can stop pain meds a bit earlier than others.

For instance, for me I found I would forget my midday dose and remember late afternoon when it began to nag me. Then I'd forget my early morning dose and end up taking it late morning. And so on. It's a process and you have to work out your own pathway through it.

Good luck!
 
Shower

Hiya Everyone, I am now 12 days post op.I had my first visit today from the district nurse and she took the dressing off and everything looks good, She said i have approx 10 inch scar but i did have revision surgery. I asked if i could have a shower YES she said and the nurse will not come again to see me unless i have a problem No Coronation Street for me just Bubbles lol
 
Re: Shower

I bet that shower is going to feel brilliant! just as well as the weather here is hotting up:thumb:

happy healing!!!


Tanny x
 
Re: Shower

Wow, no Corrie ........ now that's what I'd call a woman who KNOWS what she wants !!!!
So glad you're doing well Linda :wink1:
 
Re: Shower

Hiya, The shower was wonderful, My hubby has a seat which stands with 2 legs outside the bath and 2 legs inside the bath.so i had a great shower. I definatley would not have tried to have a shower standing up.:yay::yay::yay:
 
Re: Shower

Jolly good! That first shower is awesome, isn't it?

No Coronation Street for me just Bubbles
What does this mean? (I stopped watching Corrie years ago)
 
Re: Shower

my first shower was great! but left me feeling completely worn out. I am trying make every other day now until I get a little stronger.
​
 
Re: Shower

Oh I can relate to that. For about 3 weeks, my showers would leave me sweating, trembling and exhausted. I would crawl back downstairs and collapse on the settee feeling really good that I had achieved it one more time!
 
Re: Shower

well done you! First shower terrified me but I felt so good afterwards. Just gets better every day. Use your most expensive shower stuff and then into a big fluffy towel. You've earned it:thumb:
 
Re: Shower

I love my showers but currently only have the energy for one every other day. We are so lucky as we have a walk in shower but it the whole effort of getting in there, standing slightly awkwardly (although I find standing easier than a stool) and then all the manoevering afterwards that makes it exhausting. It does feel so good though - the clean hair thing also makes me feel a million dollars.
 
Re: Shower

I liked my showers as well.
But my first bath :bathtub: Mmmmmmmmmmmm
 
Re: Shower

I hear you, Ray. It used to wipe me out too but it was about the only activity I did so it was important PT for me! :th_heehee:
 
Re: Shower

Good for you Landlady....nothing like that first shower:biggrin: You feel so accomplished and proud, First steps to normalcy!!!
off topic...but you mentioned Coronation Street....I use to love that show..I specifically remember Ena Sharples.....brought back great memories......
 
Re: Shower

Hiya, I will have another shower tomorrow and then plaster moisteriser on my dry legs lol. I have always watched corry But it s got that pathetic with some of the story lines this past weeks i refuse to watch it. bring back ena, minnie and martha and annie walker behind the bar. lol
 
Repeat Precriptions

Hiya Everyone, I telephoned my GP on Wednesday for a repeat precription and was asked what i wanted so i replied everything i normally have. Hubby picked them up from the chemist today and it was minus all Tramadol and Paracetamol, I found out that the Hospital told them they will no longer be required. I kept forgetting them anyway and did nt like knocking them off till i was told really, sounds like i have been officially told,NO PAINKILLERS.anymore.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom