THR 11 month checkup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Problem

That's not a wise thing to do, landlady. If the socks are causing problems, ditch them altogether. But don't cut them off. It can interfere with your circulation.
 
Re: Problem

Hi LandLady
Sorry to hear your in pain,did you get the advice line number to ring when you came out of hospital? i know they say contact your gp but thought if you rang the advice line they might be more likely to know why this is happening.give them a ring today they are not staff at the weekend i think i was told.:friends:
 
Re: my hip parts

It all sounds as if it should come with a turbocharger and "go faster" stripes!
 
Re: Problem

Hiya, I have a new pair of socks on now, I try again tonight wearing them in bed but if the pain comes again i get hubby to bin them. I have just been out on the promenade with hubby for a bit of fresh air and a coffee, i took a cushion to sit on, lol thanks everyone. Hiya, Change of plan because i have just been to bed with the socks on for 2 hours and got pain in the toes on my right toes so the socks are coming off tonight.
 
Re: my hip parts

Starky and Hutch type? :snork:

[Bonesmart.org] 11 month checkup
 
Re: Can I come in.

Hi Linda
Welcome to the superglued club, glad everything went okay, hopefully this one will do the trick and you can look forward to a painfree future and get your life back.
Take care
Viv
 
Re: my hip parts

Blinded by science there, eh? :snork:

MarathonXLP Depuy cemented cup with Biolox delta ceramic cup and femoral head
The cup is cemented into the bone and the ceramic liner snaps into it. The head is fitted onto the stem.
[Bonesmart.org] 11 month checkup
......
[Bonesmart.org] 11 month checkup


Depuy c-stem with Cstem voil centralizer and Obdurateur cera-plug
The centralizer is fitted on the stem before insertion to make sure it goes down the middle of the femoral canal
The plug is pushed down the femoral canal to make the cement, which is inserted under pressure (Cemented and uncemented hips), stay in the top of the femur where it's needed.

[Bonesmart.org] 11 month checkup



Depuy 40g cement with Gentamicin 40gr - all bone cement has 40gs of Gentamicin in it - it's an antibiotic which will protect things in there for about 1-2 years.

Anything else you need to know?
HIYA, Hubby says can you build flat pack furniture without instructions lol and Thankyou
 
Re: my hip parts

Actually, yes I can!

As it happens I have a small Ikea cupboard waiting for me right now but can't do it until my shoulder is better.
 
Re: Can I come in.

Good for you Linda:yes 4:! Enjoy your new hip and hope it serves you well !
 
Re: Can I come in.

Hi Linda, Wow, cemented and superglued. You're never going to come apart! I was thinking about you last week and hoping that everything went as expected. Sounds like you are doing great. I'm so pleased for you.
 
Re: my hip parts

It all sounds as if it should come with a turbocharger and "go faster" stripes!

:hysterical: Absolutely, Dave!!!
 
Re: Can I come in.

Well done Linda isnt it great to be in post op,how did your walk out yesterday go i havent been through the front door yet:blush:
 
Re: Can I come in.

Hiya, We went up to Cleveleys in the car and went to a pub on the seafront for a coffee, It was so good to get some fresh air. I am doing brilliant on crutches and i think it helped me because i went on a cruise ship for a week last month and i used crutches all week. The only problem i have really had is the bloody socks during the night so i take them off before i get in bed. I also have to inject mrself for another 19 days and counting with fragmin the blood thinning stuff. I am staying in today cos we have high winds here in Blackpool. Does everyone get there hips superglued LOL.
 
Re: my hip parts

Actually, yes I can!

As it happens I have a small Ikea cupboard waiting for me right now but can't do it until my shoulder is better.
Hiya Josephine, If we lived a bit nearer i would send my hubby up to do it for you. Linda
 
Re: Can I come in.

Hey look at you misses,having a run out allready- i hurt myself getting out the car when i got home from hospital so not been keen to get in there yet.
Go Girl :th_heehee:
 
Re: Can I come in.

hi, no problem with the car and its only a little fiat panda and i m 13 stone, the trick is , move your seat as far back as possible, recline your seat down, back up to the car till you can feel it at the back of your legs and sit down and manuver yourself toward s the gearstick (carefull not to sit on it) and carefully get your legs in,we used a loose cushion off our kitchen chair wrapped in a plastic bag cos its easier to slide in. EASY LOL
 
Re: my hip parts

Thanks but I really love doing that stuff. In the past I made myself a 7 foot tall video storage shelving unit and a fair sized ottoman - from scratch!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom