1 year on the 5th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a meet with my doctor at 4 today, he said he can get me discount on a local gym I'll let you no what happens. Done all my home PT this morning and had 10 minutes on excercise bike went for a walk around the village feel great again today, I'm up and down the stairs as a normal person again a little slower but I'm not bothered at least alls going well. Just had a hot bubble bath now elevating and icing...Foxy.x God bless TKR'ers.:bicycle1:.by the way I'm 28 days post op today.
 
Wow, you're doing brilliantly for 4 weeks, I was still a blubbering wreck then. Well done Foxy, you are an inspiration, although we all know we are all different and mustn't compare.
As I've mentioned before, I had my NHS gym offer before my op, it's called 'Get Active',and I was allowed three months free membership, I still had to pay for the activities. I've bitten the bullet and agreed to pay £50 each for half hour sessions of hydro, it's a shame I can't get those on the NHS.
I did my session on the static bike then had a hot bubble bath, I couldn't have one for a while 'cos of cortisone injection,really enjoyed it, I'm now elevating - legs up the wall - my favourite position. Good luck at the doc this afternoon.
 
Made me laugh Ellejay " legs up the wall"....!!
I'm just chilling on my bed with my Terriers and icing. Yes we are all different and different ages as well, a friend of mine Bud had his knee replaced last year it took him a little longer but he's 75, but he can now kneel down on both knees, he's always roaring about on his motorbike he's doing really well. I'm pushing myself not to the extreme but giving it a good go. I've had 3 keyhole surgeries over the past 30 years removing cartilage and I never done my PT I thought just walking would have done the trick, how wrong I was.
I have massive muscle waist around my right knee so I'm doing every thing by the book this time, it's going to take longer to build up because of the waist but I've got to do it right. Foxy.x:happydance:
 
Wooh hooh Foxy.....great to hear you are doing so well!!!!
 
FOXY ! Glad you are doing so well. Im beginning to feel human again . I drove a good distance today and watched a movie at my GF aunts house." Into the wild ". pretty good movie , ended up watching the whole movie , about a young mans desire to rough it in the great Alaskan wilderness, with no money, food or much experience. It did not end well for him , apparently a true story. I hope you find a gym you like , maybe a womens volleyball team will train there. That would be GREAT !! Hows your appetite ? Im losing alot of weight,! fast . Muscle weight and fat. 15 lbs in 3 weeks . Well Fox , over here in California , we are finally getting some rain. Id much rather have warm to hot sunshine all day but we really need rain , very badly . After my 4th week I think I may start back at my gym , my membership is still active . Alright Fox Be cool !
 
icep707
Yes mate found a nice gym got to meet up on Tuesday with a woman to talk about how much ££££ I get off,
Appetite sweet as a nut, first thing in the morning I make a strawberry/ blueberry/ ice/ milk and banana smoothie. Then at lunch fresh veg steamed or fruit and cereal , then for dinner fish or chicken with a Thai salad.
I love cooking which is handy because my wife can't boil an egg!!! A friend of mine told me to get a slow cooker, I said " don't need one, I married one!!". Couldn't sleep tonight, I dozed off about 6 then woke up at 10:30 and it's 4:25 now I've been awake all night watching Law and Order SVU, I love it. Weather here is changing suns been out and about and rain has gone thank god!!! But I live in the country side and the rain does keep the place very green which I love. Going to make a chicken curry tonight for me and Fiona. Don't no why I told you that just babbling on mate take care ICE god bless you and yours. Lord Fox of Essex. X:happydance:
 
Fiona is a lucky lady to have found a man who cooks! :) Sorry you can't sleep but glad you're doing so well and at least able to catch up on SVU episodes! Keep up the great work!!
 
Morning DogLoverx3,
I've got 4 dogs and 2 horses me and Fiona are massive animal lovers my terriers are really helping me with my recovery, loads of cuddles!!! Of a day time after I've done my PT we all get on the bed and watch a bit of TV. Yesterday I was stretching my leg on a stall and my little patterdale terrier Margo put her weight on my knee and pushed it down bless her seemed like she was helping me.
[Bonesmart.org] 1 year on the 5th of February
This is Margo. X
 
OMG she's SO cute! That's awesome that she helped with your extension! They sure do make nap time and having to lay in bed a bit more tollerable.
 
Right I've been asleep most of the day couldn't help it as I was awake from 10:30 last night. I'm all prepped for a long night bottle of water cryo cuff sweets and sky tv. My knee has been a bit achy today but I'm thinking of going back to work in 3/4 weeks out of ££££££ now and starting to stress me out. Foxy.xx:shrug:
 
You just made my day with your post. I love it!
 
You make a lovely couple!! :heehee:

Sorry your knee is achey today; sounds like you're all settled in for a good (yet sleepless) night though. I hear you on being worried about $$$ by being off work. Here's my 2 cents on that though. I've been working pretty much the entire time since day 10 after surgery and it's wreaked havoc on my recovery. I will not tell you not to go back in 3 or 4 weeks as financial worries are uber stressful but I will strongly suggest that you do as much NOTHING as humanly possible for the next 3 weeks. Aside from your daily stretches, walks & exercises, please take it easy. You want to give your knee as much time to heal as possible before you start pressuring it to perform for you.

It would be lovely if we were all independently wealthy and didn't have to worry about silly things like mortgages, groceries and such, but I know that's not most of our realities. You've been doing great in your recovery, so I just want you to give yourself the best chance possible to not set yourself back as I know the inclination would be to 'work harder' to be 'better' in 3/4 weeks but it's truly the opposite.
 
When I saw the title change on your thread I KNEW it would be something like this.

All the fellas on this side of the pond will whistle appreciatively and say, "Dude, she's a FOX!!!!" (that's a compliment, of course. Like saying she's hot.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom