1 year on the 5th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so I've waited a long time, just not moving as quick as I need it to 1 month out if work now !!!
No smoking, no drinking, no going out, no nothing! .x
 
Good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well. I can't wait to read your report on here :tada:.
 
I hope things go well for.you.tomorrow. Can you request an experienced physiotherapist? After all it is your body that is being effected.
 
FOXY!! Tomorrows your big day , just tell them straight up that you wont be pushed to pain . Work with them and if you feel they ask for too much, just say "I dont think so ". and move on to a different exercise. You could be just paranoid. RELAX my friend. I could almost imagine you with veins popping out of your forehead, and muscles tight as a drum. You know ,it could be a positive experience. !! IT WILL BE a positive experience. !!!!!!!!

Way to go with the sobriety, congratulations. It aint easy , in fact it harder than one would imagine. Fortunately ,my few friends that I have, are all clean and sober. All my old friends , and I had alot of them, are all still doing the same thing , not very successful and a cat hair away from jail or death. I ran with a wild bunch. However, now I have 15 years clean. And feel as if all those years before was one big waste of time, time flushed down a toilet . Now we are faced with another challenge, recovery from a tkr. I have been through too much to let a surgery be a landmark in my life, its just another chapter in my book. Best of luck FOX
 
Hi @Foxmyster1967. Just thought I'd pop in say hi and wish you good luck for tomorrow. I'm going into my ninth week I still can't drive, I upset my knee cos I tried to go upstairs on the op leg first and did something. To the muscles. Frustration and climbing the walls doesn't even begin to describe how I feel Foxy! I used to be hyperactive, fast on my feet and a bit of a control freak. I don't know where my spirit has gone. Think the house has absorbed me. Anyway enough moaning from me, good luck and don't let them make yOu do anything that hurts!!! Good luck from Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi Foxy my old chum - you will be fine tomorrow, I just know it. I really don't think they will push you into doing anything that you don't want to do - remember, discomfort is OK, pain isn't allowed. Remember this physio is for your recovery, so if there is anything that you need help with - muscle ache, something that always hurts in the same place etc - ask them for specific exercises/stretches etc that will make these things better for you.
With any luck you will have a pretty physio with a magic touch, who will massage your knee and give you sound advice!
Be thinking of you ...
X
 
Right just got back from PT meeting my rom is 95.. The lady PT said at 4 weeks post op I'm doing fantastic so that made me happy. I'm going back today at 2:30 to start a 6 week hydro pool session then 3 weeks into that I start a 6 week lower limb class in the gym. I'm over the moon walking nearly normal now very slight limp. She also gave me a big rubber band to tie around my ankles to exercise with. She said from what she can see from this morning I will make a full recovery..... That was the best bit of news I could have herd. God bless you all from a very happy FOX. XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX.
[Bonesmart.org] 1 year on the 5th of February
 
So so pleased for you. Just what you wanted and needed to hear. Well done!
Enjoy your hydro (I know you will) - I am just getting ready to go for my 9th (!!!!) session.
Talk soon
X
 
Just getting my swim stuff ready so this is a quickie. In view of my 'experience' ha ha I would think:
Walking forwards and backwards
Squats and lunges
Lay on back and cycling and/or chopping with legs
Balancing on operated leg - then balancing moving arms, then with eyes shut.
Stepping up and down a step on operated leg
Knee bending in every way possible usually with a little ring on your foot - yuk! It's hard to push down against the water pressure and if you don't control the raise it pops up and catches the poor knee by surprise!
Swinging leg from hip (like kicking a football)
Sliding operated leg up wall of pool behind you.
Those are all that I can think of at the mo. But get them to measure your ROM afterwards - its nearly always better after being in the warm water and exercising.
Have fun!
X
 
You were bang on dogwheels, nice little Ozzie girl, she said I was very flexible!!!:heehee:.
Give my knee a great work- out, I loved it. Can't wait to get back there, she told me I'm at a very critical point in my recovery and should do my home PT every day now. So tomorrow I'm going to go see my Dr and get him to sort out my discount on my local gym, I'm buzzing and just want to smash the gym:dancy:... I'm walking around great at the moment. Going to ice now and have a chill, cuddle a terrier or two :puppysmooze:. Foxy.xx
 
I am so glad that it went well. I knew you would enjoy it.
Mine was fine and I was pleased as I had gained over 5 degrees more since last time. I am slowly creeping up there .... However after telling you about my usual exercises I spent most of the time having my ankle wedged between the PTs feet with her using all her weight to pull it in different directions ..... no comment! Then some hamstring exercises (makes a pleasant change) as they reckon my knee has been bad for so long the muscles etc have tightened/shortened. I think they'll have me on the rack next week!
Don't be surprised if you are a bit tired and achy tonight. You don't realise how hard you work in the pool.
Really pleased your day has been a success - a real confidence boost.
Go Foxy!
X
 
100% right Chris I feel great tonight,
Just jotted down a work out for me to start in the morning. I'm going to ice and elevate now for the rest of the evening. Thanks for keeping in touch chris I mean it my love speak tomorrow.xxFoxy.:yes!:
 
That all sounds so great Foxy, I'm really pleased for you. I can't get any hydro over here in Herts and I just can't work up the enthusiasm to go to the cold public pool. Keep up the good work, you'll soon be better than new.
 
The man , the myth the legend RON FOX !! Sounds like you are walking on clouds. What a great day , on top of a already amazing recovery. Theres a good chance you might be hurting like heck when you wake up tomorrow. Thats what my therapist told me. So its good that you elevate and ice . Ill be doing the same . Please take your time , if you can. I know your work has you watching the clock but you dont want to hurt yourself and set yourself back. In other words BE CAREFUL . !! How far away is PT from your house ? Do you get a set amount of visits ? Is your hydro therapy included in your out patient therapy ? Ill probably join the local YMCA to use their pool. keep up the great work . God bless !
 
Icep707 my PT is about 10 minutes away from my house, and I get once a week hydro pool for six weeks then half way through that I start lower limb PT in the hospital gym once a week so after nine weeks it's all over. But as I said I'm going to join a local gym a few of my pals go there and they will look after me. Been icing all evening no swelling no pain at the moment and I'm wired feels like I'm buzzing can't sleep mind it's only 9:30. It's funny because I haven't felt tired in my recovery actually the opposite wide awake club!! Not lost my appetite just being careful what I eat all fresh foods no ****!! And today I can walk down my stairs as a normal person. Speak soon my brother and god bless. Foxy.x
 
Great report!
 
But as I said I'm going to join a local gym a few of my pals go there and they will look after me.
That is an excellent idea---take it easy and gently at first--let that knee get acclimatized to everything.

t's funny because I haven't felt tired in my recovery actually the opposite wide awake club!!
I was in both!! I slet a great deal---I was tired, but, at night, sleep was very elusive!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom