Guest viewing is limited

1 year on the 5th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow kneeling already. I am amazed. I still can't go down the stairs normal. Other than that I did ok. Finished PT flexion 124 and extension 0. I am back to work but I work at home on a computer. Hard to sit all day, I get stiff. I just wanted to come back to thank you for the support. You helped me get through this. Hope you never need another joint.
 
Still all good knees getting better day by day, I'm up and down ladders kneeling best PT in the world but my leg is skinny muscle waist creeps up so quick. Start the gym Monday. Hope every one is doing well all the best Foxy.
@papillon thanks for your kind words means a lot.xx
 
Hi Foxy - thanks for popping by my thread and looking out for me.

Glad all is going well for you and your life is getting back to normal. Don't overdo in the gym - what you are doing at work is more than enough exercise I would imagine. However I understand that you're wanting to try and do something about the wastage thing - different sized legs is not a good look :heehee:.

I'm doing OK - you know me - practical and logical, I have no alternative but to just get on with it (and swear like mad under my breath). This 2nd time round recovery is S_L_O_W .... well actually it isn't, it just seems that way as I have been through it all before and am very impatient. Thankfully things are beginning to improve bend wise and I am back to walking fine again. However PT's and I are playing a very safe game to avoid a repeat performance. I'll get there (I hope) ... just a bit slower than anticipated!

Whatever you are doing - keep on doing it, you have done so very well and I am so happy for you.
Take care and keep in touch

ChrisX
 
I'm up and down ladders kneeling best PT in the world but my leg is skinny muscle waist creeps up so quick.
It is amazing to see how fast our muscles atrophy and weaken!

Either way, you are doing great!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear from you Foxy and I'm so pleased that all is going so well. My bend is still not good enough for me to ride my bike, and I can't kneel, I tried it and it's agony, but other than that all is going slowly but well for me.
Keep up the good work xx
 
I'm nearly a year with my new knee and Alls fantastic, I'm pain free and happy.
I went back to work after six weeks I'm a carpenter and haven't looked back hope your all good and power to the knees. Foxy.:happydance::doggie::bicycle1:
 
@Foxmyster1967 - great to hear from you and I'm so pleased all is well. I'm still here most of the time - I've just had my second knee done, one day I will walk properly again :hiking:
Best wishes to you, how are your dogs?
Xx Lyn
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Foxy....how great to hear from you. Since we get questions from people who work active jobs like yours, can you please elaborate about how your new knee is performing in your job as a carpenter? I'm guessing you have to do a lot of ladder work, maybe some kneeling and squatting, and generally a lot of on-your-feet-all-day activity. We have an audience who'd like to know what works well and anything that still gives you a bit of problems. Have you needed to alter any activity or work because of your knee?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom