1 year on the 5th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just text my boss and told him I want to come back to work in 2 weeks time he said yes. I no what you all think but I need to get some bangers & mash in, the pot is empty. Foxy.xx:beg:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've made a decision and I've got to go back, the blokes I work with will look after me, I need to go back I've got £5 I'm my pocket and I'm not earning. I'm walking around the house most of the day now and another 2 weeks should be even better. I won't do what I can't do. It's a must thou. I will be 6 1/2 weeks post op by then.
And what better PT back on a building site with a gang of Vikings.....!!!:happydance:. Foxy.xxxxxxxxxxxxx:egypdance:
 
Ohhh Foxy - please, please, please be very careful going back to work so soon. It's not as if you have a desk job. Use the remaining time to plan how you will manage with the various aspects of your work, and see if you can make a few adaptations to make things a bit easier. You have done so well, you don't want to end up being a grumpy and achy fox 24/7! BTW - I have never seen a chippy working with a Cryocuff attached - suppose there is always a first time!
The photos are great - what a handsome couple you make. Your red furry 'cousins' in Surrey are delighted Spring has come, and the little blighters are keeping me awake at night making a hell of a din in the woodland bit of my garden doing what foxes love to do at this time of year!!!!!!
The star of your thread has to be Margo, though. She is just the cutest.

Enjoy your day - and take it easy.

X
 
I'll be alright dogwheels,
Thanks for your concern I'll just take it easy peasy lemon you no the rest! I'll put up the rest of my gang later. Just gonna do some home PT, then get the house all nice a clean before the old trouble and strife gets home. Have a great weekend . Foxy.xx:dancy:
 
Quite understand your decision, but I am worried about you. I will be eight weeks tomorrow, this week has been my best so far, and I've done a lot of things 'for the first time' but I still need to elevate and ice quite a bit. Just take care, you want that new knee to last as long as possible. My OS said mine should last 25 years if I'm not silly with it, what have others been told?
 
I was told 20 but then I'm an old lady !!Foxy you know what you want but please be careful we will all worry about you
 
It depends how much you use it?? Extreme sports/ building worker/ or sit at a desk?? Mine in reality should last about 2 years the way I fly about!!!!:bicycle1:
 
Foxy , can you detail exactly what kind of work you do ? And what does a typical day of work consist of ?? By the way , you are doing great . I got direct orders from my OS to "TAKE IT EASY ". I told him what Ive been doing the last couple of days . His eyes darn near popped out . So when I left his office I went to my OPT for a open door policy, non scheduled , bike ride. Of course I cant turn the pedal all the way around . They are nice and invited to come in and exercise anytime . I live like 2 miles away . I chat with everyone there, encouraging them and rooting them on . Its pretty funny . At first everyone there is so serious. I get them to loosen up and to talk to each other, sometimes from across the room . ok Foxy !
 
@icep707 , that's awesome that you root everyone on at PT. I'm the exact same way and believe me, it helps them! Most people are very nervous and unsure when they start PT so it is awesome to have someone (other than the person that is paid to) tell them that they're doing well and to commiserate with! Don't worry about not being able to make full rotations yet on the bike - just gently rock back and forth and it will come in time. I found it easier to do a full rotation backwards at first, just FYI!
 
I understand your desire to go back to work---work is what defines us.

That being said, I hope that you are able to take it easy and ice/elevate while at work---and continue it at home.
I know that I returned to the classroom at eight weeks, and that set my recovery back and it moved very, very slowly after that.
 
I'm a carpenter and joiner,
7:30 start the job I'll be going on will have me skirting, architrave, hanging doors, putting on locks and door furniture, ect normal carpentry days. I really need to get back £££££ it's such a strain on my wife covering the bills. I'm like a pellicon every where I turn I've got a massive bill in front of me! The thing is I'm going back and if my knee starts playing up I'll come home and take more time off, but I must try. I've had aching knee today, but just rested and now it's 1:25 and it's good as gold.
 
'm like a pellicon every where I turn I've got a massive bill in front of me!
:snork::rofsign:

I really need to get back £££££ it's such a strain on my wife covering the bills.
I completely understand---many times it is the finances that help determine when one returns to work.

Please try to ice and elevate and do as little as possible when you get home after work.

For what it is worth, I cannot mitre something to save my soul! I can saw a very straight line, but whether it is plumb or not is a great question!
 
That's 100% about the icing and elevating once I get home! and don't get me wrong if my knee does play up I'll just leave work and come home. Thanks referee54.:thumb:
 
FOXY, I think it will help if you wear the ted hose under your socks and construction pants!! No one will know, but I think it will cut down on the swelling. Find a flat door and lie down at lunch with your knee propped on a saw horse.
 
I was a hot tar roofer from the age 25 to almost 30. Now im a butcher in a 40 degree cooler. So it 2 extremes. I remember working on a roof in 107 degree weather once . Both are physically demanding jobs . Im going on my 4th week and it went fast, now I got 8 more weeks to be ready . Im already alittle apprehensive and more than likely will work in a different department till im ready . I cant answer phones or sit at a desk . Ill fall asleep in 15 minutes . Send my regards to Fiona , terriers and the horses. My GF Amy is absolutely crazy about horses. oh in fact I did some constuction labor work , built a couple of 4plexes. That was fun , much too much alcohol back than .
 
I only wore the Ted socks in hospital!!! But I might wear tuber grip that will hold my knee nice and tight.
 
Foxy you remind me of my son an amputee he went back to work after 6 months amazing as after the R.T.A he was brain damaged for the first three months he said going back to work made him feel normal,he's never looked back and I've not known him to take time off.You sound as if you have some great work mates I'm sure they will let you rest when you need to. Take care Terri
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom