1 year on the 5th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us know how it went.
 
All good kneeper,
I drove down to see my pals at work ( car dealers) had an hour with them then went for a drive around the country lanes, popped over the pub to see the blokes from work had a couple of oranges juices then came home when knee starting playing up funny thing is it seemed like a bone ach??? Just had some food and went to bed rested it, now Saturday morning still a little pain but I'm just going to rest today.:sleep:
 
Morning Foxy, your day sounded good yesterday, it only needs one or two outings or visits a week to make this recovery lark bearable. I'm looking forward to my next hot bubble bath, but having had a cortisone injection into the OTHER knee, I now have to keep that one dry for a while, so maybe Monday. Enjoy your rest and have a good weekend.
 
Thanks Ellejay
I'm having a nice rest today, just giving the old knee a day off. I'm about to jump in the bath now put some clean shorts and a Tshirt and just lounge around. Hoo rah.:yawn:
 
Been resting today and my bones are really aching, when I say bones I mean where my new knee has been put in top and bottom! I've been laying on my side for the past 2 weeks when I sleep but today it's really uncomfortable
To do so ??? This really hacks me off seems like one step forward ten steps back!!!:gaah:.
 
Keep some meds around Foxy for occasions like this . And for when you start therapy. I drove to the market yesterday and it was no problem. Driving was the easy part. Getting in , a different story. Long legs and stand 6ft 3inches. Ill only drive if its important. Like I said its manageable. Well , what kind of meds do u have available ? I ran short on my tramadol yesterday , since thats my primary medication. Every 5 hours from day 1. So I called me OS yesterday and got a refill when I went to the market. I was worried because of the stories of these tight , non refilling OSs. I still have alot of oxys that I havent used since day 5. I mentioned earlier about the side affects. Plus the pain is very manageable with tramadol , tylenol and one celebrex. I havent been iceing as much but most diffenetlly well get back to that regimen. I bet your bloakes were happy to see you. I might swing by my job site Monday for a sneak attack . 10 miles away . Im not doing bubble baths , they sound great ! I have been taking showers and feel absolutely great after that . Some sense of normalcy. Ok FOX. C ya
 
That's how it goes, one step forward 10 back! Be patient, it's only been a few weeks. Sounds like you're doing great
 
Hi Foxy we are learning, do too much and you pay for it the next day hope you have had a chilled out day Terri
 
Sorry Foxy, just when you think you have the pain thing figured out, it moves on you. You're about on target for where your bones were operated on (I thought that sounded nicer than 'sawed off'). It's an aching pain and you'll find that it comes and goes for a couple of weeks. You're not even a month out, so that pesky knee will stump you quite a bit longer. I still have to adjust and re-adjust how to sleep. I wasn't able to lay on left side for almost 2 months, now I can. I always layed on my right side. For a couple weeks though, I couldn't. Uber annoying not to be able to figure this out, but just know that what you're going through is normal. The good days will be mixed with the bad, but soon enough the good ones will FAR outweigh the bad (or so I hear) ;-). Glad you're getting out and about, but remember not to do too much at once! Keep up the great work. I think you're doing terrific!
 
Those outings are great for your state-of-mind---they really perk you up---but sometimes you overdo things---I know I did.

his really hacks me off seems like one step forward ten steps back!!!
And that is how this recovery game is played---you move forward and then you may take a tiny step backward. Just take it all as it comes and understand that, in the end, you will be completely recovered!
 
My bones are also really aching after a.small two hour outing with my sister. Things I needed to get done so she did all the driving. I am 4 Weeks out on March 3. I can really relate to what has been said here. Some days are good and.some.not so.good. I will rest tomorrow and elevate the leg.
 
My bones are also really aching after a.small two hour outing with my sister. Things I needed to get done so she did all the driving. I am 4 Weeks out on March 3. I can really relate to what has been said here. Some days are good and.some.not so.good. I will rest tomorrow and elevate the leg.
At four weeks removed---you are still very early in the game called "Recovery"---and will pay the price.

I had a rather lengthy learning curve and I would have to ice, rest and elevate after doing too much.

Remember---we all want to re-assemble our lives, but a TKR or a BTKR recovery can take upwards to a year to be fully recovered---so the "Some Assembly Required" can take a lot longer than we would like it to.
 
My wife woke up last night at midnight and asked me if I fancied a cup of tea, I said yes please. I haven't been back to sleep nearly 8 hours of watching " law and order" I've been doing loads of PT whilst watching. I feel great today knee all good no swelling and I've got a good bend on it. Mind I'm a little tired just going to have a kipp now after my bath. I've got some Bio Oil just wondered if it will do any harm rubbing it into my scar it's all heald no scabs or openings ?? What do you think?.
 
I keep wondering about doing the same, especially as it's being heavily advertised at the moment. You can be our tester, :), do let us know how it goes.
 
Me legs fell off!!! No it feels nice, after a hot bath just rubbed a little on and around the scar. Can't see it will do any harm. X
 
I used it. Didn't do any harm , not sure it did any good either but the massage
made me feel good
 
Hi - I had a bottle of Bio Oil at the ready. Knee was so flaky (thanks to the TEDs) that I have been using it around my scar but not actually on it yet. PT said that you should wait until there are no signs of scabbing or anything that looks a bit open. There was a tiny pesky bit that took longer to heal, so I am playing safe at the moment - although I think it will be fine now.
Have used it to massage my leg on the 'long bones' that ache ... and it's bliss. However it made the 2 little scars from the drains itch, so I am being careful.
 
27 days post op tomorrow and my first PT session yes you herd right my first!!. I can't wait I hope it all gos well because I'm full up with anger !! I've been climbing walls today knee aching I've been icing even thou I've got no swelling!! My leg feels so weak and a couple of times today as I've been walking around the house and my knee has felt like it could bend the other way!! Strange feeling just jolts back!!... My worry about tomorrow is I get some stupid PT as I did before a couple of years ago a trainee and was as much help as a chocolate tea pot!! I'm known for lack of patients and I blow up quick, ( my mates call me "Zanussi" because I can spin quicker then a washing machine). I will be as calm as I possibly can pray for me please I don't want to get kicked out on my first day. As my wife has told me " man up"!!!!!.Foxy.xx:hissy::gaah:. Ps I've giving up smoking! And I'm 4 weeks off the beer might have some thing to do with my mood today!!!.xxx:hairpulling:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom