1 year on the 5th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alls well with the Fox had a good day at work normal aches but apart from that I'm all good just got in to an unhappy wife one of our dogs is dieing 13 years old so I'm going up stairs to cuddle her my little Annie!!!:puppysmooze:
 
:sad::sad::sad: Oh Foxy, I'm so sorry. There's nothing harder than losing one of our 4 legged 'kids' . Know that you and Fionna gave Annie a very good life and just make her as comfortable as possible. I'm glad you had a good day at work. That must have been a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Hugs to you all from me & my 3 :puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze:
 
What sad news. My thoughts are with Fiona and yourself and of course poor little Annie.
X
 
I'm so sorry Foxy, hopefully you can take consolation in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life and a loving family.
 
You guys gave Annie 13 great years. Now it must be getting close to the end . Sorry that it appears the time is coming . Try to make her comfortable and thats all you can do . So work went well for you, without any a negative impact . Not much happening here, just taking it easy , as yesterday was as if I didnt even had the surgery. I was all over town , driving and running errands. Today I need to rest , sleep not to great. Keep in touch
 
Come out , come out , where ever you are !!! FOXY !!! I hope you are Ok . I so overdid it yesterday. This is my worst day since week 1. Its 4 am . Cant sleep . Meds cant even help right now . I was on my feet yesterday about 6-7 hours visiting co workers and running errands. staggered home , I may take a Oxy. Than all in a sudden I thought of you. I hope you are ok . Im calling off PT today . Need to rest this darn leg. Soft tissue very very angry with me !! best wishes , just thinking of you . ICEMAN
 
[Bonesmart.org] 1 year on the 5th of February
48 days post op off meds off me butt and back at work for 5 days now!!! My OS said I would never be able to kneel again I do like a challenge. Ps the beard I started growing on day of operation for something to do???. Still doing PT just got back from hydro pool, my best advise is ice elevate stretch and bend the knee as much as you can handle and don't mope around at home feeling sorry for your self!! One life live it to the FULL... Lord Fox of England. XxxxxX
 
Hi @Foxmyster1967 - look at you! There's no stopping you ..... I'm so glad everything has been going well for you and you have come so far.
Jealous? Well yeah, quite a bit. I have been moping around at home feeling a wee bit sorry for myself, as last week everything went a bit 'Pete Tong' as suddenly I was totally unable to bend my knee - so major panic and now I'm right back to square one in the bending saga and it hurts!
Really pleased for you though - you're a legend!
ChrisX
 
@dogwheels.
Chris I'm gutted for you mate, what happened???
Has the knee swollen up again?
Are you still doing PT?
Can't remember are you in Essex??
 
Hi Foxy - no, not in Essex now ....... although that's where I started off! I'm in Surrey.

Not going to churn it all up again as it is all on my thread, but basically everything was fantastic I was feeling fab, then one afternoon went to do some heel slides and knee would not bend .... like at all! Ended up seeing OS who thinks it was a soft tissue injury and significant bleed that pooled behind my knee and caused everything to seize up. Bit of a freak occurrence, all the PTs are confused as well. So now I am back with the Newby knees in hydro, gritting my teeth and trying to increase my pathetic ROM (but at least its beginning to bend now). This has meant that it hurts to sit (again) I haven't got enough bend to do the stairs properly (I was going up and down normally) and I'm having to take it slow and easy, which I find really hard as I have no patience. But as my PT says - it is what it is and I have no option but to suck it up and get on with getting the bend back again. I had used up all my BUPA physio allowance by about 5 weeks out, but was happy paying for the once a week physio. But now I'm back to physio and 2 x hydro - a whopping £205 per week. Talk about an incentive to get it bending again!

Wouldn't wish this on anyone, and was a bit down last week, but seeing my OS helped a lot to put my mind at rest. So just keeping on, keeping on now!

Take care Foxy
X
 
Foxy Foxy Foxy!!!!!!

Look AT THAT PIC! I am so proud of you. Isn't life AMAZING?????!!!!!! Each day gets better and better!!!!! Do keep in touch!
 
@dogwheels
That's mental Chris, what a nightmare the 4 to 5 weeks I was at home was a massive pain in the bum!!! I had to get out the house. I really am sorry mate, I feel a bit gutted now posting that picture. Well you no what to do my love keep going.
[Bonesmart.org] 1 year on the 5th of February
 
Thanks Foxy - no please don't feel bad about your pic - you have every right to be ridiculously chuffed at what you have achieved and I am really delighted and so proud of you.
As I've said on my thread, I was bombing along on the motorway, but my engine obviously thought otherwise. Therefore I am taking the longer and more scenic route!
I'll get there eventually - it just sucks a bit going so far backwards again. Thank goodness I didn't have to go back to crutches, I think if that had happened I would be rocking in a corner!
You take care and don't take that knee too much for granted, too soon.
ChrisX
 
My man Foxy . Way to go !! Im impressed. Looks like you are making money with those tools . I know you have been busy . Hope Fiona, the dogs and horses are well. Yesterday was my 6 week mark . Im riding the bike now and walking the treadmill nicely. Along with some weights. My flexion is almost 100, which they say is behind. But im working very hard at it. I rested 4 days last week ODIC. im back to normal. It actually was my plan to take it easy the first 6 weeks than to ramp it up . Since I have 6 weeks to get back to work . I bought 5 pair of shoes yesterday and tossed out the old . Im starting out fresh !! We are getting some rain today , just when I was gonna work in the backyard tilling and transplanting plants. Oh well , another day . Its sad to hear about Dogwheels , I hope she recovers fully . She tough as nails ! I thought I was doing good but now you made me want to do more :) Ha ! God bless Fox
 
@icep707
Thanks mate yes I'm steaming on now thank god and only 48 days post op but I'm well happy to be back at work, it started to get a bit easy to lay around day after day, just set yourself little tasks each day but a little harder then the day before. Lots and lots of stretches I do mine on my stairs, stand at the bottom and put tkr knee 2 treads up and push towards the stairs slowly when you feel the stretch go a little more and hold it for 10 seconds repeat 10x it works for me mate speak soon.:happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom