1 year on the 5th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best start to my Saturday, my to male terriers have just had a fight with each other, and when they have a fight it's hard to stop them!!! I had to steam in and give them a bang!! Fiona's on the way to the vets with Monty his lip has been ripped open stitches and more money!!! But my knee was amazing I dropped to my knees and just got stuck in to split them up!! I wish I had gold fish instead of terriers. :hairpulling::gaah:
 
Just took Monty out for a nice walk all over fields near my house, it's a bit wet but no problems. Good news for the fox. I'm going to see my OS Thursday for the first time since my op. Back to the hydro pool tomorrow as well and meeting up with the woman from the gym...? Foxy Loxy .xx:puppysmooze::dancy::egypdance::happydance::spin::yahoo:.
 
Sorry to hear about your fiesty terriers over the weekend Foxy, but glad all is well. WTG on the walk in the fields! I still don't think I could do that. Maybe I'm just scared. Keep up the great work!!!
 
@yiayia3
What happened when you went to see your OS for the first time after op?? Do they make you do anything, X-rays, walk about??. Foxy.x
 
Hi Foxy they did x rays and he looked at the scar and range of movement sometimes they see you again in 3 months or a year depends on O.S and how your doing, do you have to go to london?
 
Hi Foxy - my check was similar to @yiayia3. I was in and out in 10mins. No Xray.
Asked how I was feeling, what meds I was still taking, checked scar, assessed flex and extension and strength. Discussed realistic degree of bend to aim for - extension needs no further work. Gave formal permission to drive.
I go back in 8 weeks for Xray followed by final check up. Physio is down to me and Attila the Therapist.
Hope it goes OK today.
Chris
 
Hiya Foxy, not sure if you'll see this prior to your appointment, but since this is your 1st follow up, they'll probably take x-rays, check your range of motion and he may check 'laxity' of the implant to make sure nothing is loose. Mine did this by holding the back of my knee is one hand and then sort of jiggling my leg side to side with the other. It was a very odd sensation, but didn't hurt. Ask him any questions you may have. You may want to possibly get a pain med refill just in case you need them for when you go back to work as you may be sore. Just a thought. You'll do great though, nothing to worry about. Please let us know how it goes!
 
In and out in 10 minutes, the OS is a mate if mine so I talk to him all the time, just had a feel of the knee, bent it, straightened it said he was very happy. I told him I'm going back to work tomorrow he smiled and said be very careful ?? Could have done it on FaceTime really on our iPads. He gave me my X-rays I'll put them on later, going to have a bit of dinner now early night and back to work in the morning hoo rah.:happydance: FOXY.X
 
:shocked:tomorrow?!? Oh, please, please, please be careful and take good care. come right home and ice after and protect your knee as much as possible. I'm working in the morning too, so I'll be thinking of you (although my morning is your afternoon) :wink: I've heard some people say wearing some sort of a brace/compression sleeve will help with swelling (just make sure it doesn't press on your kneecap). Good luck Foxy!!!!
 
Hi Foxy pleased all went well with O.S have a good day at work but take care have plenty of tea breaks
 
Good luck today, take care and let us know how it goes. You are the first to 'fly the nest'.
 
FOX ! Glad to hear all is well. Do be careful at work ! It wont be worth it if you do damage to the replacement . It not as if your knee was well before the surgery, so you know how to baby it and protect it at work . Listen to your body . Pack a healthy lunch and eat a good breakfast. i almost made it down the stairs 1 foot per stair.i holding the rails very tight . Almost lifting myself down . Now its a challenge. Well Fox, let me know how it went . Later
 
Hi @Foxmyster1967,

Please, please, please be careful. I have heard of worst case scenarios where the joint has had major problems from over doing it, especially with the very nature if the work you do. I totally understand why you have to go back. None of us can live on fresh air. You have done so incredibly well I would hate to see you undo all of this. I would give anything to be even near your stage in recovery. Fair play to you!!!!x x x

The trouble us it's not going to be easy to ice on site for starters, let alone elevate. However Foxy, good luck and I sincerely hope that all goes well for you. X

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi Foxy - you know that I, along with everyone else on here will be thinking of you today. Whatever you do - no heroics or being over confident.
I think you should put a plaque on the door you are due to hang:
'First door hung by Foxy since TKR' - as it certainly is a landmark bit of carpentry!
Take care
X
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom