Hey Barbara,
That is fantastic! I just showed my husband your pic. It's very inspiring! So glad to see you've come so far. Hope you have enjoyed your summer. I agree, the surgery was totally worth it!
designergirl,
So glad to hear and See you are doing so well! Your new avatar and your mood say it all! And what a beautiful sweet daughter you have! I have been cleaning my house for weeks like a mad woman. This surgery has been such a blessing. I haven't felt this good in 10 years! I also...
Maeve,
I agree with acbelmar, you are doing an awful lot for just under two weeks out. Bless your heart, I don't see how you are getting by. I was only doing in-home therapy at that stage. Are you at a rehab facility?
acbelmar, do see if your doctor would let you try a muscle relaxer instead of the valium. I take flexeril (generic name is cyclobenzaprine) and haven't had any problems with muscle spasms. It doesn't make me sleepy but that is a side effect. You can ask for something like Skelaxin, also a...
Hey acbelmar, I meant to ask if you ever feel a sensation of a hot spot anywhere on your "new hip" leg? I noticed a warm feeling on my shin a week or two ago. I didn't think anything about it and even thought it was my imagination. Then I started to notice it more often. It's not painful or...
Thanks so much for the all the brownie recipes BarbaraR! I can't remember whose thread I initially saw where you guys were talking brownies. I had meant to save it because it sounded so good. I think I'm going to try the fantasy brownie bites first, yum-yum! :)
zauberflöte thanks for...
Thanks Poppet, I don't think it's anything serious right now, just hoping it won't turn into a secondary bacterial infection.
Hey BarbaraR, thanks so much! How are you doing? I've been meaning to ask you for your awesome brownie recipe. I made some about a week ago but wished I had your...
Kim22, I am doing well. I am walking without an aid and often forget that I had a THR. I get a little uncomfortable if I sit at my desk to long. It always that same spot, just a couple of inches below the incision. Nothing that a little rest and some ice won't take care of. I really never...
Congrats Kim22! What an awesome check up and so much information too! Just reading your post cheered me up. It's amazing how much better you start to feel once your able to walk unassisted. I am really happy for you and so glad to hear that both legs measured the same. You go girl! :yahoo:
Hey Littlejem
I went out for the first time yesterday and finally got my hair done and about a half of the length cut off! It was so nice out and I really enjoyed the freedom! My family finally got over that virus only to have my little one and myself come down with fever this week...
Yea sandybeach ! I have been praying that things would go smoothly for you. Do you feel like a pro at this now? :heehee: Seriously though, you've done very well! How much has it snowed where you are? It won't affect you cause you'll get to stay in where it's cozy and comfy! Hope you still...
Thanks Poppet, I have already started eating more foods with zinc. I thought we were over this virus and then my little one came down with a fever on Monday and I had to keep him home. Here it is Sunday evening and now I am the one with the fever! I didn't run any fever when I had the virus...
badgerfan,
I have been thinking about switching to a different PT. I am basically in the same situation you were in with your first PT. I assumed there would be more to these sessions. They do stretch the hip out before I start the exercise routine which seems to be the best part of the...
Quee-Knee, It's so good just to hear from you. Glad your able to manage your pain and your energy is improving, that makes a big difference. I have been praying for you and I know your in good hands. The sun has been a nice treat here too. :SUNsmile:
Gentle Hugs,
Weezi
Really, you'd just have to know this doctor of mine. I think he tells all his THR patients that they will be on restrictions for life for the very reason that @Anniepops mentioned. It's a nice broad blanket of coverage. Or it could just be me, LOL! I did tell him that I was anxious to get...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.