THR Spring in my step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wehey Kim, what a brilliant update. It was sooo good to read that, chuffed to bits for you that things are moving along nice and smoothly.

PTs visit came at just the right time as you say, it will have given you a little boost, be proud of yourself, you are doing great

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Kim22, I am doing well. I am walking without an aid and often forget that I had a THR. I get a little uncomfortable if I sit at my desk to long. It always that same spot, just a couple of inches below the incision. Nothing that a little rest and some ice won't take care of. I really never thought I would feel as good as I do. Now if I can get rid of this pesky virus I would be doing remarkably well!:wink:

Happy 6 weeks octopus! :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you all for your lovely comments. What a great group of people you all are. I really don't know how I would have come through this experience without all the support that I've had from you all.A million trillion thanks x
 
Five Weeks Post Surgery

Continued to progress until Saturday when I over did it because of the sunny weather. I walked too far and for too long and when returning home from my last walk I happened to meet someone I hadn't seen for years so stood still chatting for far too long and so I paid for it with muscle pain on Sunday Also on Sunday my 89 year old mother was taken into hospital after a fall.There were no bony injuries but she couldn't walk so she has been transferred to a community hospital where she remains.Obviously this has is a big concern to the family as well as resulting in me doing a lot more than I should be doing at this stage,with visiting and fetching things to the hospital I am hoping she will recover and get back to her own home soon as she loves her independence


I have been weaning myself off the codeine gradually and I took the last one on Sunday but it feels like I have had mild withdrawal symptons I don't under any circumstances want to go back on it so managing on Paracetamol 4times a day and ibuprofen as needed. I felt very low yesterday but a little better today. This afternoon I pushed my little grandson round Tescos and it felt good. He always cheers me up.

I have finished the blood thinning injections and only have 5 more iron tablets I am having my blood tested onThursday. I think Iwill feel a whole lot better when I reach 6 weeks when I can start to relax some of my restrictions. I have also found a Pilates class not too far away run by a very good Physio and have decided to book a place starting in June.
 
Hi Kim, I hope your mother is feeling better soon. Ah, the overdoing it, a common complaint. :) Sounds like things are unexpectedly busy for you, try to take time to rest, if you can. Congratulations on completing the injections, you must be very happy to be finished with those. I feel for everyone who has had to do that, thankfully I didn't. I enjoy Pilates too, I saw the physio again yesterday, I can start doing some Pilates exercises with some restrictions, such as not doing any exercise (yet) that involves the knee to the chest.
 
I too am looking forward to the relaxing of some of the restrictions and will be hopefully sleeping on my side at the weekend! I've been told it's 3 months though for the 90% restriction though how about you:sad: ?
So sorry to hear about your mum and her fall, I hope she's allowed back to her own home soon, or as soon as it's safe for her of course.
It must feel great to be off the codeine, well done, I'm sure the symptoms will ease off and hopefully the low feelings but thank goodness the injections have finished, I bet you are really glad about that!! Grandchildren can make you smile can't they even if you're having a bad day :):)
 
Hi Kim22!
So sorry to hear about your mom! I know you must be very worried. Hopefully, since nothing is broken she will be ok. My OS prescribed aspirin twice daily (I was so happy to get out of the injections I had read about on here) but with my 2nd hospital stay (due to the tummy issues) they gave me the injections in the stomach. My poor belly had bruises all over it! And while the stick of the needle was small and not that bad, the medicine itself burned going in and for about 10 minutes afterwards. I hated it! I know you are glad those are over! Keep up the good work!
 
Hi Kim, I'm so sorry to hear your Mam has had a fall. Hopefully she will get back on her feet after recovering at the community hospital. I know it is a worry when our parents get poorly and you will have a lot of running around to do but try to remember to take a bit of time to just relax and rest. Easier said than done I know.xx
 
Thanks octopus I am really looking forward to restarting Pilates I just hope my poor aching muscles are ok by the start of my classes in June.I haven't had much rest over the past few days as there are too many things to do but I do realise that I should try and find the time. Is your toe better now ?
 
Hi Littlejem I am looking forward to lying on my operated side from Monday, if I can.I have been advised to wait 3 months before lying on my none operated side but I was advised to start to gradually relax the 90% restrictions between 6 and 12 weeks. Sounds like you are doing well and I would love that hydrotherapy myself I think it would be just the job to ease my aching muscles. Take care
 
Hi Teacat You are so right about the injections. They hurt like mad during the injection and a while afterwards and they have left me with a tummy full of bruises. Although my mum did not fracture her leg she has a nasty ulcer which is very painful which is not helping her becoming mobile again
 
Thanks Kim, my toe has finally healed. I'm on my third course of antibiotics as I've still got a temperature.
 
Kim22 oh I'm sorry about your mother! Glad there are no bad injuries, and hope she can go home asap! That you were feeling good enough to oerdo it :) That you did overdo, not so much-- sorry! Rest as much as you can while running errands-for-mom. :)
 
Hi.....sorry to hear your news about your mum......when you said you walked too far was that unaided and for how long....it is difficult to get the pace right....because my other leg is weak.....I don't walk far any way.....
 
Thank you Anniepops and zauberflöte My mam is a little better but will be in hospital for 7_10 days to enable the physios to help get her mobile again. I must admit I find the situation quite stressful at the moment but my husband has been wonderful.

Hi clifford149 I walked with a 1 walking stick for about 15 minutes but I had done 3 other shorter walks earlier in the day and stood talking to someone for a while afterwards I felt great at the time but haven't been as good since. I'm not sure if it's because I stopped the codeine, the stress of my mothers hospital admission or something else but I haven't felt as good since. Yesterday was a little better but today I am a it sore in the hip again. You are so right getting the pace right is difficult I am noticing that the muscles of my none operated leg get really sore inthe evening now mainly effecting the hamstrings
 
Kim22 sorry to hear about your Mam. Its an added stress for you when you should be concentrating on your recovery. I hope you get the pain sorted. Take things easy and be gentle with yourself
Barbara
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom