THR Better late than never

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weezi oh maaa-aan, you poor thing. I so well remember the days of caring for a sick kid while stick myself. Awful. I hope it all blows over by tomorrow, and that meanwhile you get plenty of rest... I know, I know, no rest for the weary young mother...
BarbaraR all this and you're a foodie too??? My hat is off to you! I sometimes follow Smitten Kitchen, but here is better, and I found a great bird photog blog, so I've dropped the calorie laden one for awhile LOL
 
BarbaraR... Noticed you have found e recipe section in the social room... Great !

I am watching an elimination cooking show whilst multi tasking and posting ... lol
 
Thanks so much for the all the brownie recipes BarbaraR! I can't remember whose thread I initially saw where you guys were talking brownies. I had meant to save it because it sounded so good. I think I'm going to try the fantasy brownie bites first, yum-yum! :)

zauberflöte thanks for sympathizing with me. :cry:Kids are doing much better and I'm almost in the clear. You can tell it's spring because we already have a nice layer of pollen on everything outside. :flwrysmile:
 
Hello @ Weezi I'm just catching up on your thread now, and sorry to hear you've all been sick. This time of year can be hard on people especially if there's any allergies --the pollen, like you said, with all of the trees and grasses coming out. I'm in New England and haven't noticed the nice yellowish coating of pollen on the car yet. Maybe I just haven't been looking. But the trees here are budding and the grass is greening up, so I know it's there.
But I'm glad you're getting better.

You've got a great recipe thread going on here, too. Can't wait to try the decadent chocolate ones by @ Acbelmar. The family here always loves when there's any baking going on. I seem to be able to do that better than actual cooking now. Maybe because it just tastes better!
 
ByGosh I grew up in Virginia with nary an allergy except poison ivy. Lived in Vermont 3 years, Canada 5 years, and moved back to Virginia. Ten years later the allergies started.....New England has tons of trees, but I never noticed any pollen either! And.... you're almost 3 weeks out now :) :yay:
 
Hi Weezi!!! long time no talk and that's my fault, have been overwhelmed with house guests for last month, sometimes five at a time , they have come to see me and I just don't know where to begin with my workload!. I was missing my bs friends so much I am trying to catch up best I can. I hope all sickness is well and truly on its way out now?, hopefully you have cranked up the orange juice and garlic?, otherwise how is the restoration of mobility coming along? xxx
 
Weezi..
How are YOU doing? I am so nervous about going back to work!! That darn cane..if I could take it with me I'd feel better but I know they won't let me. Its good to have when I'm tired and have done a lot, but still want to walk a bit. I've been doing more to get my stamina up. I'm exhausted by 10 and want to go to bed! The Hawaii flight is 10+ hours going so I really have to be ready. I think once I have one trip under my belt I'll be ok. I can't wait to see friends I haven't seen in 4 months! I'm still having some groin achiness..and I have a slight limp. Can't wait to be back to normal!!!
 
Weezi Hello there. Hope all is well for you. You must be busy and getting back to all of the important things in your life.
acbelmar Hawaii? Sounds like such a treat. I think I remember you posted a recipe for chocolate oreos a while back, don't I? Well, I made some today, thank you very much! My daughter needs them tonight for a school event. The kids will love them. :)
Don't mean to pry, but if you have a limp, why can't you still use a cane? It sounds like the right thing to do. I also have groin aches and pains, and frequently have to stop and rest with ice packs on. It's getting better, though.

Good luck with your trip. My Mom and brother lived in Hawaii for a few years, and I was lucky enough to visit them for a month. It was so gorgeous, I thought "why does anyone live anywhere else?" Sunshine, blue skies, beautiful ocean, exotic people, trade winds - just wonderful.
 
ByGosh
I just meant I couldn't use the cane at work!! If I had to use it they would say I am not ready to fly again..and financially I definitely need to go back. Mentally too!!! I had a great day yesterday with barely any spasms so I am hoping I am over the hump! Hawaii is very beautiful. We stay right across the street from the beach. I'll get my walk in and then go sit out for a while. If that doesn't rejuvenate me, nothing will!!!Glad you liked the oreo truffles...they are decadent!!!
 
Good luck with the first flight.. Do let us know how you go :)
 
Weezi
Hope you are doing well! You must be so busy enjoying life with your new fabulous hip! Do pop in when you get a chance and let us know how you are doing! Hugs!
 
Hi Weezi not heard from you in a while you you and the family are ok and enjoying the spring weather if not the pollen!! We have finally got some decent weather here in the UK and have even planned a BBQ for this afternoon..........it's bound to rain now!!!
acbelmar yes I can imagine you are nervous about going back to work as your job does have you on your feet for a long time and I can't imagine you could even do it with a cane. Good luck and I can see how being in Hawaii would be very rejuvenating!! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom