THR Spring in my step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim22 Kayaking sounds like a great goal to set yourself. And being able to go back to enjoy the things like walking will be so good for our souls. Like you, I've had to get used to sitting things out, as pushing myself pre-op just made me miserable with the pain. Not worth it at all.
 
Quads are very sore with an antero-lateral approach also. Been there, done that.
 
zauberflöte Great news that you are having the anterior approach it sounds so much easier than having all these blooming restrictions we have. I think it will get harder to stick with the rules the more mobile and pain free we become.
 
Kim22 it's great to have a goal and you getting in that kayak instead of just watching will be here soon, brilliant!! I actually think the getting into a wet suit would be the hardest part and me in a wet suit would not be a pretty sight!!| :blush: xx
 
well clifford149 better quads than glutes, says I :heehee: I tend not to sit on my quads much, dontchaknow.
designergirl thanks for the experienced view :) Sounds like it might be overstretched muscles and bruising and swelling to look forward to? Where did you ice the most?
Kim22 yeah, for posterior I can imagine it being waaaay harder than for anterior. I don't do lunges b/c my knees do not like it, and I will be careful not to try an arabesque or a backbend for many moons. So only by accident, slipping or falling. And we know how much we don't want to do that ever! (that's what must be behind the no-ladders lifetime restriction...)
Can we have Pierce Brosnan in a wetsuit in a kayak?? Just for us girls? LOL
 
Kim, I am sure you will be ready to be out walking along the coast and the Cheviots when our summer arrives. It is great to have something to aim towards. :)
 
Anniepops Thank you I hope you are right a) about me walking and b) about us actually having a summer.
I like your quote at the bottom of the page about the river It reminds me of one of Queenies quote
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the rain "
 
Well I am pretty sure I am right about one of them......you walking, not sure about the other but we can live in hope eh.lol

Seeing that quote in my posts gives me a little nudge, I like to be reminded to count my blessings and not take anything for granted :)
 
Four Weeks Post Surgery

I've had a very good day and can now see a lot of progress.I am walking around the house without a walking stick and only using 1 when outside. I am walking further each day which is fantastic.I am gradually reducing my pain killers and coping well.I only have 2 more Clexane injections to give Hurray !

I had a visit from a senior physio today. She measured my legs and I am thrilled to say they were both the same actual length so NO LLD. I am to continue with the standing exercises and add some step ups( must be the same as Clifford's ) I am now allowed to walk normally up and down the stairs ie. one foot per stair. From 6 weeks I can start to lie on my operated side, start swimming, using a stationary bike and drive as long as I ensure I can do an emergency stop first.I am to increase the walking to about a mile . From 3 months I can start to ride a normal bike and lie on my none operated side.also from 6 weeks I can start to sit on lower seats as long as I don't sit down to heavily.

I am absolutely delighted as yesterday I felt really fed up and so bored longing o get back to normality so her visit came just at the right time.
 
Hi Barbara That's good advice and appropriate to me who tends to get carried away When is your next op date ?
 
On 22 April so not long now.:yikes:
It is easy to get carried away, you are doing well, then do too much and have a few sore days. It seems to be a common theme on this forum so many people doing exactly that.
 
Yey, good news when you were feeling down that's brilliant, I'm so glad she came and cheered you up!! :happydance: Like Elosarabrab says though take it easy and don't do more than you your body is happy with. Thank goodness you are soon finished with those injections, you won't miss doing that will you!! It's really good news that the leg length are the same that can be quite worrying, I won't have that worry until next time when I the hope he gets them matching!! I'm so glad you mentioned the going up and down stairs, my physio hasn't said anything but I forgot and came down a few normally today, it felt fine but I wondered if I should have been doing it!! Keep on doing what you're doing it's working well for you Janet x :):) :puppysmooze:
 
Congrats Kim22! What an awesome check up and so much information too! Just reading your post cheered me up. It's amazing how much better you start to feel once your able to walk unassisted. I am really happy for you and so glad to hear that both legs measured the same. You go girl! :yahoo:
 
Thanks Weezi I will need to be very careful that I don't go too quickly though.How are you doing now ?
 
Hi Kim, what an awesome report! You are progressing really well. No cane in the house is fantastic, I'm still using one crutch as I have a bit of muscle pain that makes me limp. I'm six weeks today. :happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom