Recent content by Tribaby

  1. Tribaby

    THR 26th April, 37 and nervous

    Stairs will be fine!! I'm a bit freaked out that you have your bag packed... I'm heading in for RTHR the day after you and have Nothing organised!!!! You've galvanised me into action [emoji7] Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  2. Tribaby

    Dragonfly's New Knee

    Good luck Good luck!!!! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  3. Tribaby

    Ankylosing Spondylitis

    Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if any of you suffer from ankylosing spondylitis or spondylising arthropathy? I'm having a RTHR on April 28th and am feeling really stiff and sore. Wondering if the inflammatory markers have gone haywire due to my pain levels. Anyone in the same boat? Also have...
  4. Tribaby

    2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    I'm on the 28th in Ireland!
  5. Tribaby

    Cold water therapy

    I hate to say it... I live in Ireland... the best pain relief I have ever had is to get into the sea!!!! It's REALLY cold but the pain relief is incredible!!! Would you maybe even try ice baths? Like you'd have after a long run? Worth it I promise!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. Tribaby

    Pre Op

    I COMPLETELY agree with@Jaycey!! I had my first THR left 4years ago and trained intensely for it... disaster!! I did so much damage to all the ligaments/tendons that were scraping away against the rough bone!! Took ages to recover. Fear not! You will walk with grace and ease after the op. Lose...
  7. Tribaby

    Does it matter if the 2nd THR is different?

    Hi everyone! I'm 40 and looking down the barrel of a second THR. It took me 3 years to recover from the first one as I left it way too long to get it done and kept on competing and training right up to the day I went in! Now I'm wondering if there's an issue going to a different surgeon for the...
  8. Tribaby

    2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Hi everyone I'm April 24th!!!
  9. Tribaby

    2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Ooooh good luck it'll go great for you... that's my Birthday!!! X Sent from my iPhone
  10. Tribaby

    February Valentines 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    Hi Cazacroy, What date are you on?? How's the cold and non-moisturised foot?
  11. Tribaby

    February Valentines 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    Oh it must really be happening fairly soon as I have just been booked in for my pre-op testing and have been asked to be part of a research study trialing two different hip replacement techniques... feeling a bit like a lab rat! Still walking (rocking/hobbling) and swimming every day but its...
  12. Tribaby

    February Valentines 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    Hi Everybody! I'm in for a left hip on 24th Feb... I managed to break it sailing and have been waiting for this since October. I'm an ex Swimmer and always thought I was pretty bullet proof so am having real trouble getting it into my head that my hip is crumbling away. They originally said...
  13. Tribaby

    January Jackpots 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Hi everybody in January Jackpots... It's confirmed - I'm having my left hip done in February so I have to leave you all and find the February Fabulousities!! Good luck to you all - I hope everyone's surgeries are successful and wish you all a happy and healthy 2012!
  14. Tribaby

    January Jackpots 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Hi everyone, Happy New Year or should I say Happy New Hips to you all... I'm wondering what you're all doing about Sleep?? As in are you getting any? I'm not really sleeping much due to the bone pain which is so much worse at night. I'm trying pillows in my knees, sitting up etc but nothing is...
  15. Tribaby

    January Jackpots 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Hmmm... although I'm ranked at 30 on a 1-30 scale of pain and disintegration by my surgeon - the earliest time I can get done is Feb 24th!! I'm a bit horrified at this, by then I could be just lying on the floor dribbling...! But I'm keeping up the physio exercises as someone said in one of the...
Back
Top Bottom