@Celle Again, thank you for the encouragement. I did wear a thigh high TED hose and the swelling was much less after work today. I can actually see my ankle bones today!
Sounds like you're on the right road. I hope the back will settle down. We all get all kinds of aches and pains with this surgery. If you think about it, the whole body is moving in a different way now to compensate for the baby knee.
Okay friends, since Monday's PT I've had pretty intense pain on my tibia. It is waking me up at night. Ice & pain meds help but not for long.
PT today so I'll ask for help and modify my tx. This is definitely more pain than I've had in 2 wks.
PT is not supposed to hurt, at the time or afterward. They are making you do things your knee is not ready for. It's not even a month old and should be treated as the infant that it is!
Must have looked pretty sad at PT today. They gently moved my knee and iced, had stretching for my back ultrasound massage and more ice. And was told to take it easy and would re-eval on Friday. Here's hoping a bit of down time will do the trick.
@BossK and bill 3/20
Knee is feeling pretty good again. Changed up exercise to more on the bike! Went up Mt Hood yesterday....I was sweating. I've been working on special exercises for my back. I think I'll go see a chiropractor soon.
Thanks for asking!
Did you walk up there? If so, that sounds like too much activity for such a new knee. It's only just a month since you had this major surgery.
Do read this again, to check what you should be doing: Activity progression for TKRs
I know you've had a partial, but the recovery process is very similar.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.