2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 April 17 Nohipwndr
05 April 17 Wraakian
10 April 17 luvbch11, hallmark17
12 April 17 xthoney, AlGroomer, stephie33 (CD), momjfb
20 April 17 jimjam, musamoses
21 April 17 confused newb
24 April 17 Tribaby, NVDesert
26 April 17 Mojo2013, Laura3727, Springmom
27 April 17 JonYounger, GrannyC, chuckster, Minnie15
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@musamoses, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm having my second hip replacement on April 10. I had a LTHR in October 2016 with no complications and I'm praying this surgery will go as well. Im looking forward to being free from this pain. I'm 61 years old and have been suffering or over 20 years.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum





Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@stephie33 Thank you!
Currently I am taking one Lodine XL a day. It is an anti-inflammatory. It's an oldie but a goodie! Even the surgeon was not familiar with it! Other than that I take nothing else. I have refused narcotics to this point. I was trying to walk and push through the pain but in reality I was not helping. So I just move very slowly. Sitting is probably when I'm most comfortable. The whole leg is involved now due to the way I am walking. I'm hoping that stops after surgery!
I'm sorry that we share that same worsening pain. Looks like you are just at 3 weeks til your surgery. Are you able to work still?
I'll be thinking of you too!

Hello Stephanie33. Well tomorrow is the day! 7:30 in the morning. First one of the day. Friday was my last day at work and I took six weeks FMLA. I was off three weeks with the left hip replacement. I'm A little nervous since my husband fell off the truck bed yesterday while unloading a lawn mower, hurting his shoulder. He plans to go to the Chiropractor while I'm in surgery, however my best friend will be at the hospital while he's gone. Just don't know how much help he'll be postop. I haven't taken any medication in the last two weeks but I've been doing OK. Just looking forward to getting this done and getting back to my life. I hope all goes well with you.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@hallmark hooray tomorrow your new life begins! Oh dear... Your poor hubby. Hope he's ok and just a little banged up. It's really good that your best friend will be there for both of you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you good vibes. Are you feeling nervous about your procedure? I am getting a bit nervous for mine.

The no medication thing has been so so hard but I'm going in at 6 am on Wednesday so I don't have too much longer to wait.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@stephie33 Almost there!!! Just a few more days to go!. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best recovery! I can picture you now lounging on your new reclining couch!
 
Hello...Having Left Replaced April 24, 2017. Right also going bad but one @ a time....
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@NVDesert, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi there I'm 37 and due my new hip in 6 days, any advice would be great, I'm very nervous about recovery
 
26th is date for new hip so can you add me to the list, mot sure if I've done this right
 
26th is my date also for hip (right/anterior), so please add me to the list too. Yay, @Laura3717 and @Mojo2013 we can be the "Three Musketeers" for April 26th surgery date!

Just returned from pre-op appointment this morning and very excited to finally be out of pain!

I've done a ton of reading on this site and am so grateful to have found Bonesmart. Thank you to this wonderful community for all your information and support!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Laura3717, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Springmom, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom