2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bottomshollow thanks for the helpful hint! I'm using the app so I'll poke around for the features you mentioned regarding quoting etc.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 April 17 Nohipwndr
05 April 17 Wraakian
10 April 17 luvbch11, hallmark17
12 April 17 xthoney, AlGroomer, stephie33 (CD), momjfb
20 April 17 jimjam
21 April 17 confused newb
24 April 17 Tribaby
26 April 17 Mojo2013
27 April 17 JonYounger, GrannyC, chuckster, Minnie15
 
My surgery date is April 12, 2017!!!

Ooooh good luck it'll go great for you... that's my Birthday!!! X


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Tribaby, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!


Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm having my second hip replacement on April 10. I had a LTHR in October 2016 with no complications and I'm praying this surgery will go as well. Im looking forward to being free from this pain. I'm 61 years old and have been suffering or over 20 years.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@stephie33 Thank you!
Currently I am taking one Lodine XL a day. It is an anti-inflammatory. It's an oldie but a goodie! Even the surgeon was not familiar with it! Other than that I take nothing else. I have refused narcotics to this point. I was trying to walk and push through the pain but in reality I was not helping. So I just move very slowly. Sitting is probably when I'm most comfortable. The whole leg is involved now due to the way I am walking. I'm hoping that stops after surgery!
I'm sorry that we share that same worsening pain. Looks like you are just at 3 weeks til your surgery. Are you able to work still?
I'll be thinking of you too!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@hallmark17, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@chuckster, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Nohipwndr yep still a ways away! I'm actually out on medical leave as I'm fighting a Fifths Disease infection at the same time. I'm not using any narcotics either!

Is your pain totally manageable with the Lodine?! I'm taking Indomethacin and it was working like a charm but for now it seems to be petering out. I'm a slow mover as well alternating between the cane, walker and my crutches. I'm most comfortable lying down. Are you using anything to aid you in sitting or are you naturally comfortable that way?



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@stephie33 I just started my medical leave today. The pain is always there but the Lodine helped enough that I could still go to work and to the grocery store. But I certainly can't spend more than 20 minutes standing and walking around. I can't even think about trying to go visit my family as getting around the airport unassisted is impossible and exhausting. For the most part sitting is ok. Especially in my recliner. The hard part is when I go to stand up! That first step is always the worst!
I'm sorry to hear that you have the added issue of that infection. A nightmare in adults. Hopefully that will go away soon!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@momjfb, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
April's finally here...
Good luck starting things off this week @Nohipwndr and @Wraakian... the rest of us will be here wishing you luck, and eagerly awaiting your recovery stories! By the end of the week you'll both be on the road to recovery in time to enjoy a pain free summer!
 
@confused newb best of luck to you as well. Your time is almost here. Less than 3 weeks to go! I hope to share lots of successful stories.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom