January Jackpots 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haldox--your description of your pain and other parts of your body "joining in" sounds SO much like mine. It's good to hear that things improved after your left hip replacement--I hope it works as well for the right--I'm sure it will.

Funny you mention Herman Munster--I've been saying that I'm a cross being Herman Munster and the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz! ha ha

Best of luck with your surgery 1/6. I'll be right behind on 1/25.
Dorothy
 
hi guys,
it's so great to find this forum, I didn't know there was so many of us young ones out there !!!! My operation is scheduled for January 26th...I am scared, but relieved and i am trying to not think about what's going to happen on the operating table, and concentrate on how amazing it's going to be, to be pain free :-)
 
Hi, britchick and welcome to BoneSmart. Where are you having your operation - which hospital?
 
Who else have been looking at You-tube @ Surgery stuff..I have see so much in the last week I think I could do it my self!!!Well maybe if I stayed At a Hoilday Inn...:hysterical:

But really I'm so ready I just got my surgery packet.....lets see whats inside:scratch:
 
Hi Josephine and thanks for the welcome. I am sure I will be posting lots in the next month or so, I have so many thoughts and feelings to share, its so great to have found people who totally understand and share what we are all experiencing.
I am having my op at the Alexandra in Cheadle. I'm lucky my husband has private health care with his job, so at least I know the food will be nice there ! :-)
 
I would like to join the January group please. My operation for a LTHR is scheduled for January 2nd. I hope my surgeon is not a big New Years Eve reveler. :biggrin:
I will be seeing him this Thursday for a post-op appointment.
I am pretty scared to do this but am hoping that I will be in better shape this upcoming year riding my horses than I was this year.
Thanks for all of the posts, it really helps reading them.
 
Looking like I'll be January too... having xRay tomorrow morning and then I suppose we'll really know the answer to that one!!:dancy:

Hi, Tribaby.....welcome! Why don't you start a thread of your own in the pre-op forum and let us know a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our members.
 
Looks as if I am also joining this list with TRHR on January 3. Getting very nervous.

Like some of the others here, my back is full of arthritis. My OS has been honest in telling me the RHR is not the complete answer to eliminating all the pain but it will definitely make a difference.

I do a lot of traveling between home (Dallas/Fort Worth area) and Florida where my two little granddaughters live (ages 5 and 6). My goal is to get back in traveling shape again.

Good luck and God bless to all who have joined our January list.
 
Surgery date has CHANGED! Apparently my surgeon has been asked to give a presentation at some conference January 24-28, so he will not be in town to perform my surgery on the 25. So it got moved UP to January 19th. now my surgery is only 3 days after I get back from Vacation instead of a week after I get back.

It sucks for work because I had everything covered for the other date, and now I have to find someone to cover that extra week too! Surgeons, and parents, really dislike it when I try to work on painkillers, something about taking care of other peoples children while on oxycontin bothers them. :scratch::hysterical:
I teach the 3 year old room at church (sunday school, MOPS, Pioneers club, Women's bible study on thursday mornings, and all special events.)
 
January is right around the corner :yay: How is everyone doing? I donated a unit of blood for my surgery a couple of days ago and will have my pre-op testing done next week. I'm hoping nothing comes up in the test results that would delay my surgery. I'm ready to get this done.
 
Hey Rick--you and I have the same op date! I also can't wait. This hobbling around is getting very old ...

Dorothy
 
Boy, Anna....what a scramble for you! It will work out and you'll be recovering that much sooner. This is a good thing!!!
 
January is just around the corner. Only a few more days for me. It seems so unreal. Luckily being so busy trying to get everything ready here at home with all my animals and at work sure keeps me from thinking.
So far Monday the 2nd is the day. I am supposed to be at 5:30 AM at the hospital. I wonder if I will sleep the night before. :sleep:
How is everyone else doing in getting things ready?
:hairpulling:
 
Hi All,

I'm getting my left hip replaced in Boston on 1/5. I can't wait to have the recovery part start and get back to being active.

I'm at the point where I can't read enough in terms of what is working well for folks so I look forward to going thru this with all of you!

Thanks

Scheduled for 1/5/2012
 
Hi, Z15....welcome to BoneSmart! Why don't you start a thread for yourself in the pre-op forum and tell us a bit about yourself. We love getting to know our new members!
 
Hmmm... although I'm ranked at 30 on a 1-30 scale of pain and disintegration by my surgeon - the earliest time I can get done is Feb 24th!! I'm a bit horrified at this, by then I could be just lying on the floor dribbling...! But I'm keeping up the physio exercises as someone said in one of the threads here keep it fit and strong and recovery will be better and faster - being an ex competitive swimmer that means hours of pool time but I got a waterproof MP3 player from a friend so at least I'm singing along as go! I'm REALLY hoping for a cancellation (75% chance) before the end of Jan so I'm going to keep in this group until you're all fixed up and I'm bumped into February! Stay happy everyone... X:dancy:
 
Tribaby, I hope you get your cancellation spot sooner. It's really tough waiting when you feel so bad.

I'm hanging in there until January 25. I've been given Percocet for pain and it helpsa lot; anti-inflammatories just don't do much as the pain has gotten worse. I've taken several Percocets a day for the past week but I'm getting nervous about addiction risk, so I'm trying to go the weekend without it because I don't have to go to work and can veg out more and rest. When I'm at work, I have to be able to keep going and get through the day, so that's when I need more pain medication. It makes concentrating a little more difficult, but I'm very fortunate to have a boss who picks up some of the slack to help me out. I'm hurting pretty bad now, though, so I might have to take a pill in a while. My leg and low back just ache so bad.

I still have to take care of the two horses, but I'm using two trekking poles to lean on during the process. The hardest part is just walking through my yard to the barn. Once I get there, I start interacting with the horses and get involved with the tasks and that makes the pain seem less prevalent--until I stop and have to walk back down to the house! I still have to sit and rest frequently while I'm doing things out there. I have someone who does the heavier stuff, but the day to day care is still on me. I'm planning to send the horses out for boarding ... and they would be gone by now ... but one horse has a skin problem that is proving very stubborn and difficult to treat (Horseygirl--it's a miserable case of scratches or mud fever--this horse gets it so bad! I've tried multiple treatments on my own and prescribed by the vet. He is now on oral steroid treatment.) I can't put this on the boarding stable owner, so I'm trying to get him cleared up within a week or so ... and then they will be off to boarding camp and my life will be a lot easier.

As far as getting ready--I've cooked a couple of dishes and frozen them ... I've made a list of the things I will need to purchase beforehand ... I'm going to start moving things up higher so I can reach them--there is a bunch of stuff in my food pantry that I need to move to where I can reach them without bending over so far.

I've had grab bars installed in my bathroom and they are WONDERFUL! If any of you haven't done this--DO IT! It makes it easier to get in and out of the tub and also something to hold onto once you are in there for showering. The one on the outside wall really helps me when I'm drying off too. I used to lean on the sink, but this is so much more secure and better placed. Oh, and I bought a pair of elastic shoe laces for my sneakers. I'm going to try them out soon to see if they will work OK or if I will need to buy some good slip on shoes. Since I'm going to be off work for two months, I'm trying to spend as little as possible and try to get some good bargains. I've been checking out ebay and craigslist every day.

January 25th won't get here soon enough, though.

Dorothy
 
Welcome to the new members and great to see you again to those going in for their other hip!! You're all in for a treat when you realize there's no more pain in that nasty old hip. Be ready for some work but it's gonna be sooo worth it! I'm 4 weeks out and cannot believe the difference and the improvements to my life!

The best of luck to all of you!!
And a Happy New Years Eve!!

Buffi
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom