Recent content by TerryCloth

  1. TerryCloth

    THR Terrycloth's Path To New Freedom

    @Cynthia777 HELLLOOOOO!!:loveshwr: We seem to be progressing at around the same rate and should be proud of ourselves! I am doing really good! As seems to be the norm here, at 51/2-6 weeks things are pretty ho hum but stable. It probably isn't fair to use ho hum though considering how much...
  2. TerryCloth

    THR One week and started having groin pain<<

    Hi @JamieOlivia I am 3 weeks today, my THR was posterior (lateral-? It's on the side) and I have had a lot of tightness in the groin /hip flexor area. I have been told by my PT that the OS did do quite a bit of "tightening up" and securing of the muscles in this area which is probably what has...
  3. TerryCloth

    THR First hip done!

    Congratulations and WELCOME!! That feeling of knowing you are on the beautiful road to renewed mobility begins.... And only gets stronger! Blessings to you & remember to be patient with yourself! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. TerryCloth

    THR Terrycloth's Path To New Freedom

    SORRY GUYS!! As I hadn't been posting updates my thread became out of sight/out of mind!! I am doing GREAT!! Today is DAY 20. I am using the cane exclusively and sometimes I am beginning to leave it behind when I am moving between shorter distances. PT is going well- recumbent bike as warm up...
  5. TerryCloth

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Hi @Cynthia777 SO HAPPY to hear how well your recovery is going!! I knew you would sail through as I have been lucky enough to do as well! Isn't it amazing- AMAZING how wonderful it feels! I have been thinking of you & all of My Bonesmart comrades, I am well overdue to post on my own thread...
  6. TerryCloth

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 Girl, you are doing fantastic! Touching your toes.. WeeHoo! I had the posterior approach so none of that fun stuff for me - at least for a bit! Had my staples out today (12 days) and like you, still no bruising:) Although I have been mainly keeping myself to the upstairs, I have...
  7. TerryCloth

    Hi everyone.. I'm scared..

    Best of luck @Pony !! May patience, strength & hope be your constant companions when you join us on the recovery side. Life is getting better everyday! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. TerryCloth

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    YAY!!! Happy Dancing! I am so happy for you! I truly think you must be THE BEST student of the entire Bonesmart website! When you go in for the next surgery, you'll be saying to the hospital staff.. "It's OK guys, I GOT THIS"! To you & all of the other luckies who enjoy the crossed legged...
  9. TerryCloth

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Nana757 Thank you very much for giving us this update! I am very confident Cindy is being well taken care of by the best & with the modern medicine has to offer. Cindy, like @Jaycey said: "patience is prescribed" ! May you be taking your recovery at home as soon as you are ready. XO Sent...
  10. TerryCloth

    THR On my way!

    Hi @bab123 I am sorry to hear this, but you do have lots of company. I too had nausea once the spinal/ anesthesia (no general) I was given began to wear off & I started on post-op narcotics. I do have a tendency towards nausea with pain meds so alerted they started me on nausea meds early on...
  11. TerryCloth

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 WOW! Not only is your recovery going fantastic out of the gate, but your care team is confident in the protective course they are keeping you on! Well done and, you can be sure you will be home before you know it! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. TerryCloth

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Hugs back to you, recovery friend!! So very happy for you!! Squish Squish!! XO Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. TerryCloth

    THR On my way!

    So happy for you! There is a lot to get used to the 1st 24-48 hours. Rest is an amazing healer! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. TerryCloth

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    YESSSS! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. TerryCloth

    One more day!

    @bab123 I'm so happy for you! You & @Cynthia777 are going to be so happy when you walk through the hospital door. I will pass on to you what I wrote on Cynthia's recovery thread... May you both have a quiet, peaceful and restful night. Concentrate on slow, deep breaths with perhaps some...
Back
Top Bottom