Hi everyone.. I'm scared..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pony - oh dear so sorry for your son and the upset this has caused you too. Just relieved he's sounding much improved just now. I'm sure it DID divert your attention but guess that wasn't exactly what you would have chosen eh? Make sure you all try and have a less eventful day tomorrow. We're all here still and rooting for you.
 
Might be a positive! Hope your son feels better soon!

Yea , lol, At least is seems to have went pretty fast.. He's feeling much better this morning at least he doesn't look like he's "glowing" LOL.. He's still broke out pretty badly but not quite as red and swollen..
Hubbys gonna be busy keeping us both on schedule with meds lol but at least maybe the couple of days will give him a chance to get it all straightened out..
I think maybe I pulled a muscle in my right hip yesterday from standing/walking so much, my right hip hurt all night and is still hurting some this morning, and it goes down almost to my knee in the muscle, hope that doesn't cause problems since I'm having surgery in the left.. ugg if its not one thing its another..
 
Pony,
I also love to ride horses when I went to my first surgeon he said NO that THR surgery was for old ladies and that I could expect to garden, walk, but not much else. I was in so much pain osteo necrosis. Well I did my research and found another surgeon who said I could do anything g except down hill snow skiing. With the new anterior approach and special tables and skilled surgeons from Clevland Clinic I am pain free. Fear is natural but the pain you felt after the break, is not the same as you will have post op. I had a pump, and pressed it as needed. It is only incision pain not bone pain. Keep us all updated, sending you positive thoughts and healing light. You will be back to your horses again. They are such healing creatures amazing animals. I love my Rhett he has the ability to make me forget all my troubles. Because when I ride my mind is in the moment, not tomorrow or yesterday, just the present a wonderful gift
 
I think maybe I pulled a muscle in my right hip yesterday from standing/walking so much, my right hip hurt all night and is still hurting some this morning, and it goes down almost to my knee in the muscle, hope that doesn't cause problems since I'm having surgery in the left..
It's not unusual for the "good side" to complain pre-op. After all it's taking the majority of the load as you are trying to stay off that sore hip. You might try icing the area a bit.

@Happy42 Looks like this is your first post on BoneSmart. Welcome - why don't you start your own thread so we can follow your recovery. BTW - anterior approach is not new. But glad you like your result.
 
@Jaycey , It's not unusual for the "good side" to complain pre-op. After all it's taking the majority of the load as you are trying to stay off that sore hip. You might try icing the area a bit.

Thank you, I never thought of that.. Will definitely do that.. Still hurting some..

 
Hi pony I am waiting for a date for my LTHR and I have spent the last month in bed biting my nails in fear. I had major spinal column surgery in June and rods placed to correct scoliosis, so I am just over that. Hip is destroyed from years of walking lopsided from scoliosis. I think we just have to put our faith in God and our OS and take the plunge. My pain right now is excruiating so even though I am afraid the alternative of being bed ridden and in constant pain isn't an option. I have a pair of beautiful new high heel shoes that are my inspiration. I will wear them one day even for one hour to go out to dinner with my husband.
 
Wow, @Pony with all the coyote drama and then your son, you must have been busy! Hope things slow down for you soon....
 
Hi @Pony - well you're all set now and ready to go. :yes: :thumb:
Sending lots of positive vibes your way and will be thinking of you across the water.
Look forward to your news when you're ready. Enjoy the rest! :chillpill:
Best hugs from yet another of your BS buddies :wave::flwrysmile:
 
@Pony, you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow! I'm sorry you've had so much going on with your son, etc right before surgery.
You're going to do great and will feel so much better once you've gotten the surgery behind you. :flwrysmile:
 
Just wanted to wish you good luck!


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016
 
Thank you all, I'm getting ready to leave in a little bit.. Would appreciate all the Prayers I can get, not so much nervous about the surgery but mostly the pain afterwards, because of the bad experience with the brake but have been reassured by several that its nothing like when I broke my hip/leg....
I'm so looking forward to a better day..
 
@Pony - we're still here :friends::friends::friends::friends::friends:and :prayer:for you. Things are looking up. We'll all stay tuned for news when you're ready :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Thinking of you @Pony and wishing you all the best soon you will be as good as new


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Wishing you the best tomorrow, @Pony. I was nervous about the post op pain, too. I just asked for the hard core meds, and they worked perfectly. They have a whole pharmacy there. You can always buzz the nurse. It really helps to stay ahead of the pain.

We're all rooting for you. I look forward to reading your posts on the other side.
 
Best of luck @Pony !! May patience, strength & hope be your constant companions when you join us on the recovery side. Life is getting better everyday!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom