Recent content by Swish

  1. Swish

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    Jackie, I have not been pain free since my surgery 2 years ago. My knee does not hurt, but the areas above and below the knee hurt. My orthopedic surgeon just focuses on the bone and I think mine is soft tissue issues. I went to physical therapy twice in the past year. It wasn't until the end of...
  2. Swish

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    @Majic Jackie, I went back and read a few month worth of your thread. Sorry you're still having pain and have so many additional issues to complicate things. My TKR was 2 weeks before your right TKR. I Still am not pain free. All X-rays showed the surgery to be fine. The OS doesn't focus on...
  3. Swish

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    @momweb How are you doing. My PT started IT rolling and deep tissue massage around my knee. I feel a huge difference. When she first started, it hurt like crazy with the massage. But now I hardly feel it, and the PT says she's working me harder than ever. Sounds like we both are finally getting...
  4. Swish

    TKR TKR July 8, 2015....recovery status

    Since May I haven't really had any relief for my knee pain.....or I should really cause it discomfort since it's only a 1-2 on the pain scale. Also, I fell, but fortunately didn't hurt myself....except for some bruising. I'm going back to physical therapy, and I think this time the therapist...
  5. Swish

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    @momweb. That's great news. My OS told me to take 2 Aleve twice a day for three weeks...that's basically prescription strength Aleve. The PA said that with anti-inflammatory meds it's best to take them regularly for a period of time rather than just once and a while like I was doing. So glad...
  6. Swish

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    @Raffs. Just checking in to see how you are doing. Hope all is well and you are feeling better than ever. Terry
  7. Swish

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    @momweb hoping you are finding some relief for your knee. I was just back at my OS because I have not been pain free since surgery....my pain is only about a 2 so it's not bad. My extension and ROM are good. They say the replacement knee is fine and the pain could be from back and hip arthritis...
  8. Swish

    TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

    Great news @Braunzie. Glad you are doing so well. I'm back in PT again. Knee is great, but I'm having some leg pain that the PA thought was nerve related due to some issues with my back. Today was my 2nd session and I don't feel the leg pain as much as I used to. Only have script for 5 sessions...
  9. Swish

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    @momweb, sorry you're still having so many issues. I hope the new doctor and new set of eyes will help find what the issue is so you can get some relief.
  10. Swish

    TKR TKR July 8, 2015....recovery status

    I met with the physician assistant at my orthopedic surgeon's office on Friday. I was concerned about some ongoing pain. She said the knee looked great on the X-rays and the old knee cap was exactly where it should be. She was extremely pleased with my extension and ROM. She thought my pain may...
  11. Swish

    TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

    @Braunzie, I don't check here often, but coincidentally was checking right after you posted. So happy to hear all is going well. I have my one year appointment with the OS scheduled for the end of June. I'm debating about going sooner since I'm still having a lot of stiffness around the knee. I...
  12. Swish

    TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

    @Slainte, woohoo for you. You have been an inspiration to me from day 1. I'm still having some pain around my knee, but it's not too bad. Like you, I have some foot problems that are hindering me more than the knee. I try and go to the gym at least 3 times a week doing 45 minutes on the bike...
  13. Swish

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    @Raffs, glad to hear you're pleased with how things are progressing. Can't wait to hear more good news.
  14. Swish

    TKR TKR July 8, 2015....recovery status

    About ten days ago I tripped on a raised curb and almost fell. Thank goodness I was holding my husband's hand and held on for dear life and did not fall. Unfortunately, I wrenched my knee, and I've been having some more pain around my knee since then. I tried just bearing with the pain, but...
  15. Swish

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    Sending good thoughts your way. Hoping your OS finds something that can finally give you relief.
Back
Top Bottom