Swish
junior member
I met with the physician assistant at my orthopedic surgeon's office on Friday. I was concerned about some ongoing pain. She said the knee looked great on the X-rays and the old knee cap was exactly where it should be. She was extremely pleased with my extension and ROM. She thought my pain may be nerve related and since I have back pain issues, she asked for X-rays of my back. The back X-rays showed some degenerative arthritis in the lower back and some mild scoliosis. I did not want to start another regimen of doctor visits for my back. So she wrote me a script for 3-6 physical therapy sessions so they can teach me how to exercise to strengthen my core.....which will help my back. My insurance pays for that, so it's like having a few free personal training sessions. I asked her how often I should exercise and she said 5 days a week (30 minutes on the stationary bike and then weight/strength training). So now I have to make a concerted effort to step up the gym visit
.
I'm glad everything is as it should be. Now I just need to focus on building up my strength. I need to do that just for my general health anyway. Oh, and she said that visit would take the place of my one-year visit. So I guess I'm officially released!!!
. I'm glad everything is as it should be. Now I just need to focus on building up my strength. I need to do that just for my general health anyway. Oh, and she said that visit would take the place of my one-year visit. So I guess I'm officially released!!!
United States