Recent content by Suki

  1. Suki

    TKR I'm back again

    i am very curious about your results @Dolphin5 as I am looking at a right knee replacement after 2 hips and one revision while suffering from a very wonky back. I see that you had both hips done prior to your knees. Will you share how you feel now that you have all three joints in, and...
  2. Suki

    Revision THR Suki gets a revision

    Hi folks, Suki here. Just posting my "one year" status. My revision was done in May of 2012, and my recovery was really pretty easy, in hind sight, though very different from either of my prior THRs. This time around I can't honestly say "I don't even know it's in there". I can't say that...
  3. Suki

    THR Post-op help!

    Damn! If other remedies don't help, you might consider asking your doc for a muscle relaxant. I found these helped me a lot especially in conjunction with maximum dose of pain meds. You don't say how active you are but as Josephine tells us, rest is key in recovery. Make sure you are getting...
  4. Suki

    THR Crash and burn

    Lynne, Well, I think you are handling all this really well. And hopefully in a few more months you will be feeling like your old self and can get on with life the way you want to live it. Hang in there, baby! Suki
  5. Suki

    THR Big Als recovery.

    Big Al, Sounds like you are making a strong and fast recovery despite the UTI. Good on you! Remember though, if you get tired, rest. If you hurt, ice, take your meds, and rest. All the best. Suki
  6. Suki

    THR First night home

    Foggy mama, You have come a long way and you are only at week three. Good for you...and don't worry about the occasional down day. It happens. But with your positive mind set I know you will be bouncing back stronger than ever. Here's to a better day. Suki
  7. Suki

    THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

    Tashia Smart lady, marshaling your strength and knowing when to rest. I made the mistake of thinking I was 30 instead of 60 and now I am tired and grouchy. To better tomorrows, right? Suki
  8. Suki

    THR Crash and burn

    So Lynne, are you going to wait another six months, or have you decided to see someone else? I would be really disappointed in and unlikely to trust, a doc that kept on with the "just give it more time" line. You have been hurting and uncomfortable for months and months, right? Well, whatever...
  9. Suki

    6 weeks post op and still hurting , bad groin and hip pain..so bummed

    Hey Cinilr, Sounds like you are having a lousy time of it. I am really sorry. Groin pain is not unusual with hippies and it can take a long time to resolve. I think you may be under medicating. Please, take the dosage prescribed. Don't tough it out. No points for that, you know? You...
  10. Suki

    THR Feeling good

    Hey Dingbat7, Hope things are improving. Drink lots and lots of water as it helps with clearing out the drugs and may improve/decrease swelling too. Keep your chin up. Better days coming. Regards Suki
  11. Suki

    THR 3 week follow up, excellent feedback !

    Hey Rich, Glad you are doing so well. It isn't at all unusual to have muscle pain in the groin weeks or even months after surgery. Seems like groin pain can take a while to heal. IMHO it wouldn't hurt to ask your doc for a script for PT and see what they can offer. For what it is worth my...
  12. Suki

    THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

    Tashia, You sound good. I'm glad you are looking at starting you days with a more positive view. Sometimes intention is enough. Find those dreams again Tashia. Everyone deserves to dream. As for the relaxing music, I'm afraid Christmas music this early makes me a little cranky :gaah...
  13. Suki

    THR First night home

    Foggy Mama, Oh, boy, do I remember the bathroom humiliations in the first couple of days. All I can say is God Bless my husband! Not only did he clean up the mess he went out and bought flushable wipes....made my "after the job is done" paper work much much easier. Things will improve...
  14. Suki

    THR DallasSarah post op update!

    Dallas What kind of dog is Miles? He sure is a cutie! Suki
  15. Suki

    Revision THR Suki Gets a Revision

    Lyne I have a brother in Prescott. He and his wife really like it there. A friend of mine moved to Lake Havasu back in the 90s and hasn't looked back. She absolutely loves it. Suki
Back
Top Bottom