TKR I'm back again

Hello and Happy Tuesday Dolphin,
It is understandable that you're feeling anxious given what you went through with your first TKR. This will be a new beginning and you've learned a lot from your first recovery. I know you've read here that no two recoveries are alike, even with the same person, so with that knowledge and your previous experience, hold out hope that you don't have a repeat of the past. Take it one step at a time, be patient and kind to yourself. With a good surgeon and wise care team you should be off to a good start.

Will be thinking of you and we'll be here for support as you begin your next healing journey. Best Wishes!
@Dolphin5
 
I’ll be thinking of you too, @Dolphin5 ….

It’s heartening to know you’ve found this surgeon who is listening to you and realizes that you need a little extra tender, loving care following surgery. That’s half the battle with a joint replacement. I’m looking forward to hearing from you post-op. You are a seasoned warrior now and you’ll do just fine.
 
Hi all. I was told yesterday that there are no beds available for my operation on Sunday. Was gutted. I'll know by Saturday if a bed has become available. Feel in limbo. Apparently the shortage is due to people falling during the cold spell we had, lots of chest infections due to the cold weather we had, plus two wards have Nora virus in them. As a Christian perhaps I'm being protected if my op doesn't go ahead. I'll keep you informed.
 
Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments.
 
Oh no, @Dolphin5. So sorry to read this. I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be to have the surgery cancelled at the last minute.

But, as you say, it may be for the best if the hospital is filled with sick contagious people. You certainly don't want to come down with influenza while recovering from surgery.

Keep us posted on your new date.
 
I am a firm believer in Romans 8:28. God always has your best in mind!
 
Ugh, that has to be the worst! I am so sorry, Dolphin. You prepare mentally and you're longing for physical relief and then...cancelation. It is understandable you're living in limbo while the door is still cracked with the possibility of a bed opening up. Just like you, I'd be torn as to whether I wanted to be in the hospital with so many sick. Leave it to the, Lord's perfect timing, either now, or a later date. :prayer: Prayers for your comfort as you wait.
@Dolphin5
 
Hi all. Thank you for your messages. I had a call yesterday to tell me my op is definitely cancelled. It was going to be done privately but being on the Isle of Wight we only have one hospital which is NOT private with no private wards. If I don't get a call to have it done in the next 7 days I'll cancel private and wait for the NHS. I need to be driving by mid March to go to various events. Hospitals get fined if someone has to wait over a year. My year is up in May so I'm hoping I'll get it done April or May.

I'll let you know what happens. My main concern is any damage I'm doing to my hips and other parts of me whilst one leg is an inch and a half longer than the other and the bad way I'm walking.
 
That would be a concern for sure. Have you spoken with your surgeon about this to see what he might offer to help ensure you don’t get additional problems while you wait?
 
I'm not sure much can be done about the difference in length in the 2 legs. An insert in the shoe of the shorter leg would be difficult as I have high insteps so my foot probably wouldn't then fit in the shoe. The pain and discomfort I can cope with. I take Naproxen some mornings.
 
It might take some specially made shoes and the cost of that probably wouldn’t be worth it for a (hopefully) short wait for surgery. Sorry this has happened.
 
I am sorry your surgery was postponed, Dolphin. Fingers crossed you get a call within the next few days as opposed to waiting until April or May. Wishing you strength and comfort.
We're here for you!:friends:
@Dolphin5
 
Hello and Happy Thursday!
I hope you're having a good week, still hanging in there, and pain is at least manageable. Any word yet on a possible surgery date? With any luck you're able to get something scheduled soon so you at least have an idea of when you'll be on the road to recovery.
Wishing you many moments of comfort while you wait, Dolphin. :console2:
@Dolphin5
 
Any news on your surgery, @Dolphin5 ? Hope you've heard from the hospital and have something on the calendar now. Please let us know when you do.
 
i am very curious about your results @Dolphin5 as I am looking at a right knee replacement after 2 hips and one revision while suffering from a very wonky back. I see that you had both hips done prior to your knees. Will you share how you feel now that you have all three joints in, and hopefully working? I am very worried about loss of mobility with three artificial joinys in my lower extremities and a very bad back.

Thank you
 
Welcome back @Suki. I'm afraid Dolphin hasn't been on the forum in several months, so you might not hear back from her anytime soon.

Since you were last on the forum, we've implemented a two-tier membership program to help us support the important work BoneSmart does. You are currently a Basic Member, which means you may search the forum and read others' thread. You may also continue to post in your Recovery thread regarding your past hip surgeries.

However, if you'd like to start your own thread so you can connect with other members and receive advice from our staff about your concerns, you should join the Insiders Club. Our staff will make sure you get answers to your questions and provide you access to information not available on the public parts of the forum

We are a non-profit organization and rely almost entirely on member contributions to keep BoneSmart available.

Best Wishes, and we hope to see you join the Insiders Club.
 
i am very curious about your results @Dolphin5
I added a tag to Dolphin5’s name, so maybe she’ll come back and reply if she gets an alert.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom