Revision THR Suki gets a revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suki

senior
Hi folks, Suki here.

Just posting my "one year" status. My revision was done in May of 2012, and my recovery was really pretty easy, in hind sight, though very different from either of my prior THRs. This time around I can't honestly say "I don't even know it's in there". I can't say that about the other THR hip anymore either. Not that either one hurts. They don't. But I am almost constantly aware of them. But despite this, overall I am very very pleased with my results. I walk every day, I go to the gym, I don't have pain, I don't limp, and I can, mostly, keep up with friends and family. Warm weather feels better than cold, dry days better than damp, but I am up and going everyday. I wasn't sure that would be true, before the surgery. I was scared and worried. Both very unproductive states, but there I was anyway. Bottom line, I am so very glad the technology exists that gave me back my life, and glad that I had the surgery done.

Cheers
Suki

Hi there Suki, what a positive update and attitude you have - well done you!

So pleased you are pain free after the revision and that life has returned to normal, you will catch up with the family soon.

Lovely to hear from you :)

Your update says it all! So glad you are getting on with living again. Enjoy Suki!

Warm is better than cold; dry is better than damp. I am exactly the same. So good to hear you are doing well. :)

Sharon

Good to hear from you, Suki. Though I'd rather think it was the incisional scars that you are aware of rather then the implants!

Hi Suki!

I had my Knee revision May 7th and now I have two knees that are great! I don't notice the replacements, I just notice the muscle I am still strengthening! It is getting better and life just continues to get better and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Hyde
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom