THR Big Als recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Al,

Sounds like you are making a strong and fast recovery despite the UTI. Good on you! Remember though, if you get tired, rest. If you hurt, ice, take your meds, and rest. All the best.

Suki
 
Hello I did wax them myself they wouldn't have got done otherwise lol. I think what is helping my recovery was having strong legs to start with. The month prior i trained the heck out of them. Also taking some recovery aides too. And on a high protein diet. Ok off to help my wife with her paper route.
 
Wow Al,

What a champion you are.. Your recovery is going like the speed of light - well done !
 
Hi Big Al,

Glad you are doing so well and have been able to return to most of your regular activities.
Hope your knee is feeling better from the injection too.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Wow BigAl, I have a Ford F-150 super crew that could use a wax job. Too bad you are all the way up in Pennsylvania. A bit too far from Florida. Please take care not to over do things and suffer a set back.
 
Cool i have a f150 too. Just a standard cab and a gmc jimmy. I got the green light to drive. Been busy i should have wrote earlier. Just been getting stuff ready for winter and cleaned out my garage and took some scrap into the yard too. Needed some play money lol. Tomorrow im going to put the plow mount on the atv and fix the fuel line on the slow blower. Then ill be done getting ready for winter.
 
My info packet said i could drive at my discretion as long as its an automatic and and its my left hip that had the surgery. Right side it would be six weeks. And no driving within four hours of narcotic pain meds. Also says i can go full weight bearing for cemented and non cemented as tolerated. Different docs different instructions.
 
I am in awe of your quick recovery BigAl. Are you feeling any of the energy drain this forum warns us about? If you are I can't tell.

Don't you just love your F-150? I love mine. We call her Big Blue. I haven't tried to drive yet. The doctor has told me 5 weeks before I can drive again. Although I am hoping he lifts this restriction a bit earlier. I am going back to work on the 26th, so I will have been out for 3 weeks. I am non-weightbearing for 4 weeks, so I have a few days more than 2 weeks to go on this one.

Question for the group: When the doctor puts me on 50% weightbearing, does this mean I am down to using 1 crutch, or does it mean that I am still using 2 but "walking" normally?

Have a great rest of the night.

Tammy
 
Hello im not sure on the energy drain. I have sleep apnea too. So i was always tired. I got my c-pap after i came home from the hospital so now i have alot of energy compared to before. I love my truck too. It don't owe me a dime. I have 274k on it now and its still running strong. Going to be hard when it finally dies. Im not sure on the weight bearing my self. I was using a cane from the start. Only used a walker while in the hospital. Seams like alot of restrictions. Did you have the muscle sparing technique done? Or the old way?I had the muscle sparring done.
 
Wow, 274k miles. That's something. If you take care of your truck, it will take care of you.

Yes, there are a lot of restrictions. I'm pretty sure my doctor was able to spare muscle with his lateral approach, but boy, I can feel a lot of spasms. I have become best friends with my heating pad for spasms and ice pack for swelling.

Did you get everything done today? I did a whole lot of nothing today in between one or two naps. Yawn!

Tammy
 
Hello yes i got everything done. Now i can relax some on my to do list. I change my oil every 3000 miles and use good oil. I feel that goes a long way to help engines last. Here is some info on the ways of doing the hip.https://bonesmart.org/hip/hip-replacement-approaches/ Mine was the Minimally Invasive Anterior Hip Replacement.
 
Good oil is the way to go. I use a synthetic blend in my truck and still change it out every 3000 miles or so in spite of the 5000 - 7500 miles my owner's manual suggests. I love Ford trucks. This is my 4th truck. I drove Expeditions when our kids were all at home. My first car was a Mustang. What can I say, I'm a Ford girl.

Thanks for the link. I've looked at that particular thread quite some time ago, before surgery. Mine was a lateral approach. I don't believe that my surgeon actually cut any of the muscle. At least he didn't say he did. The restrictions are a pain in the patootie, but thankfully they are only temporary.

Going to make a trip out to the grocery store and to Costco tomorrow to pick up some remaining necessities for Thanksgiving. I can almost smell the turkey already.

Have a great night!
Tammy
 
Hello just checking in. Hope every one is ready for turkey day. I'll sleep good tonight. Did our one paper route myself. And im feeling it now lol.
 
Hi BigAl and a happy Thanksgiving to you too. I'm ready for it. Having a bit of insomnia tonight, so I should be able to put that big bird in the oven fairly early. Hope all is well with you and your recovery. Have a great turkey day!

Tammy
 
Hello had my check up yesterday. I asked when can i start to train legs. Doc said i can do what i want now. Just stop if i have any sharp pain. So today i nailed legs. Going to feel it tomorrow lol.
 
Yes, you will feel it tomorrow. But what a great feeling it will be. Nothing beats a little extra muscle ache from a good work out. Congrats on having all restrictions lifted.

Have a great weekend.

Tammy
 
Great job Al! Glad to hear you are doing so well! Hopefully the DOMS won't be too bad.
 
Hi Big Al!

I'm a LTHR in PA, too! I've been driving my husband's Camry -- fancy adjustable seats, auto transmission, tap on the brakes and you come to a dead stop. I'm glad to know I'm legal.

I do hold off on the Vicodin if I know I'm going out, but I'm down to about two a day -- a half plus some tylonal as needed plus one for bed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom