Recent content by stargirl

  1. stargirl

    THR Hey I am on the other side!

    Hi titac hope you are doing wonderful!?, just wondering if you made any firm decisions re pregnancy post thr? I am 35 yr old and now 4 mtnhs post op (with no children thus far) and keen to try in a few months but still concerned about damage to my new hip . Surgeon told me to go ahead and try...
  2. stargirl

    THR Better late than never

    Hi Weezi!!! long time no talk and that's my fault, have been overwhelmed with house guests for last month, sometimes five at a time , they have come to see me and I just don't know where to begin with my workload!. I was missing my bs friends so much I am trying to catch up best I can. I hope...
  3. stargirl

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Hi Queenie, I am so so sorry I have not been on the forum to chat with you lovely lady, I have been inundated with house guests one after the other and am barely caught up with my work after the last month of entertaining, cooking. cleaning omg!!!, after each guest left I was icing for two...
  4. stargirl

    THR Sissie's recovery

    Hi Sissy46 yes I agree so sad to see you go, please check in whenever it crosses your mind if you have the time, ill take whatever I can :) . Thankyou for your ongoing support and strength you were one of my greatest inspirations and helped give me the courage to move forward with the rest of my...
  5. stargirl

    THR Better late than never

    Hi Weezi sounds like you are doing fabulous my lovely friend !!! I had to repeatedly tell my Physio who I also developed a bond with through sometimes tears , slight heated conversation and general discussion :) that I would not be doing certain exercises like some band work because it caused me...
  6. stargirl

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    Hi my beautiful bonesmart friends, I am so so sorry I went AWOL I have been dealing with a hoard of surprise house guests for the last two weeks and it just has not stopped!!! It was all a great surprise but sooooo tiring !!!. Happy to report I'm finally feeling closer to normal than I have in...
  7. stargirl

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    Thankyou guys for your concern well OS says he performed a synevectomy as well as thr and is very confident the wretched pvns trace is gone and is very rare to attack another joint. I will of course be diligent in getting annual X-rays for as long as reccomended and try and stay optimistic . I...
  8. stargirl

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    Orthodoc I cannot thank you enough for your comment, this has confirmed what I tried to decipher off the Internet and its limited info regarding the disease. Indeed my greatest fear is reccurance in another joint and what I can do (if anything) to prevent this . Having suffered a couple of...
  9. stargirl

    THR My recovery time has begun...

    Hi ilovefall how are you doing !?
  10. stargirl

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    Hi Orthodoc I am sorry to tag you just wondering if you could give me any poignant questions I can ask my OS please with respect to the apparent PVNS he located in my hip during thr? I have if course researched it via net which does tend to catatsrophise worst case scenarios, os reassured me...
  11. stargirl

    THR [Anterior] How many weeks before you got rid of your cane?

    Hi woodwalk just like our very experienced crew say it is dependent on how bad you were pre op I believe and whilst I am only 35 my degeneration was 11/10 according to my super experienced surgeon and I am still on the cane when I venture outside. I can dispose of it for a few minutes walk but...
  12. stargirl

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    Ok so went for 5.5 /6 week check up today and got all the gritty details no restrictions etc. was told that due to severe inflammation of my cartilage and state of bone it was natural I am feeling some pain post six weeks . He was not worried I am still preferring cane for long walks and said it...
  13. stargirl

    THR Home from the hospital and looking forward to going back to yoga!

    Hi designergirl and Drbabs I felt exactly the same with heavier level of meds and went cold turkey on stopping them. I am now almost six weeks on wed and have been on eight panadol a day and swap one for a panadeine forte as required . In hindsight I think def some of my emotions were attributed...
  14. stargirl

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    Hi HappyHippy I thought I was the only NST club member round here :) hopefully your aches have subsided a little? I had to up a stronger pain killer panadeine forte and ice ice ice for two days straight! I am sorry to say I did the same yesterday walked for about an hour with the cane and...
  15. stargirl

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    Hi Mbone I believe after a period yes I do start to limp without the cane, particularly if I have overdone it with walking . Check with your pt but I would not be too concerned I suspect it is residual muscle weakness that makes us still limP without the aid, who cares If we take an additional...
Back
Top Bottom