Recent content by Sooty

  1. Sooty

    THR 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...

    Hi CatPrincess, I'm 6 months out and still sometimes have the sensation that the joint 'drops' out a little. My PT en OS both confirmed it was due to muscle weakness. It is becoming less and less and I do notice it the most when I've done a lot physically. I'm training pretty hard to strengthen...
  2. Sooty

    THR complications due to dysplasia - who else?

    Davefd Anniepops thanks for your support! I'm kind of in the middle of the intensive PT thing at the moment, each session new exercises added, absolutely mess afterwards but a few days afterwards I do notice I'm getting stronger. So I keep at it. I'm a bit sick of all the muscle pain that...
  3. Sooty

    THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

    Hey Vida, so sorry your knee is playing up, after all the hard work and patience with your super-successful hip. I hope the shot helps when you get it. One thing at a time hey? I use a product with MSM - they're drops, also containing Silicium, Zinc, Borium, OPC & Selenium. Not only good for...
  4. Sooty

    THR complications due to dysplasia - who else?

    Hi everyone, I’ve been offline for a while, have been having a bit of a tough time with this extensive rehab period of mine. I had quite a meltdown a couple of months ago, the prolonged forced lack of activity and our prolonged icy winter here in the Netherlands pushed me into quite a...
  5. Sooty

    THR night time muscle spasms? collateral damage?

    Be very very careful! Twisting AT ALL in this position is a shortcut to a dislocation, so I've been told!
  6. Sooty

    THR 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...

    Hi CatPrincess, I've had the same thing: physically not so much pain but an emotional rollercoaster! I'm a busy never-sit-still type suddenly taken out by hip surgery, complications which have meant I'm now 9 weeks out and still not 100% weight-bearing. It's been an enormous challenge! I'm...
  7. Sooty

    THR Setback at 8 weeks out- and the come back?

    Be nice to that hip yeah? Promise?
  8. Sooty

    THR night time muscle spasms? collateral damage?

    Here's a very bad, but full of wisdom, joke for you all (and for me)... Patient: "Doctor doctor it hurts when I do this" Doctor: "Then don't do that anymore"
  9. Sooty

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    The leg you stand on is the hip you're exercising. I think. That's how it feels anyway.
  10. Sooty

    THR Setback at 8 weeks out- and the come back?

    Hey Dave, great to hear your hip is feeling good! That's because you've been so nice to it, isn't it? Take care of your shoulder! That also need some TLC. About the whole freaky loose joint sensation; I spoke to my 'company doctor' (arbo arts) today - in the Netherlands you have an extra...
  11. Sooty

    THR Pain popping out

    I'm 8 weeks now, also have pain around the bottom part of the incision that feels like bruising. No pain when I walk (but then again I'm 50% weight bearing) it just hurts a little to touch. It's also still swollen. I do massage the area twice a day. I thought I was maybe being over-zealous with...
  12. Sooty

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    I was doing those hip-hitches every day for 5 years 'til the old hip finally crumbled... can't wait to get back into them :yikes: But seriously, they are supposed to be very good for the inner hip muscles & tendons. I just can't wait to be allowed to do anything again without crutches! Am I...
  13. Sooty

    Decisions, decisions

    Hi Octopus, from a fellow Antipodean on the 'other' side of a THR! We have quite a bit in common, I'm 46 and have dysplasia/OA. I was diagnosed 5 years ago with OA but the dysplasia was only made known to me the day before the op - still coming to terms with that little message. :shocked: I...
  14. Sooty

    THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

    Hi Dede, I've noticed exactly the same thing just the past week! Have asked friends if they notice it when I'm walking but they say I'm walking perfectly straight (with crutches still). Before the op I had such a bad limp and was walking with the foot prominently turned outwards, I thought maybe...
  15. Sooty

    THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

    Hang in there Vida, this too shall pass....
Back
Top Bottom