THR 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rotten luck with your phone CP.. Hope it is now sorted.

Yes, your profession is not easy.. Lots of time on your feet, odd hours, constantly smiling at cranky inconsiderate members of the public.. What a gem you are...

I hope life will settle down for you soon and your money woes will be over, you certainly are putting in a stellar effort and demonstrate to me what a strong independent woman you are :)
 
It's been awhile since I've been on, back in the groove of work, etc. Things have been going pretty smoothly til this past weekend. After I finished this last trip ( if u recall I work as a flight attendant) and now when I walk at a normal pace, I feel a pop in the hip/ thigh area. It's not painful and it doesn't happen every step. It's very disconcerting to say the least. Nothing out of the ordinary happened on this last trip. I didn't walk anymore than usual. I would luv to hear if anyone else has had this happen this far out from surgery; it is now 5 months and one week. Would luv input. Thx all.
 
Hi CP - welcome back. Congrats on your return to work as well.

I did indeed experience that popping at about the 6 month mark. I would call it more a sensation than an actual noise. But you are right - it's downright irritating. For me it was the need for the muscles to tone and tighten a bit more around the joint. It faded after a few months. Note - I never experienced any pain with this. I am sure other hippies will be along soon to chine in with the same experience. Please don't worry.
 
Thx jaycee. What if anything did u do? Any specific exercises to make the muscles stronger? They've been doing well. When I started back to work in March, I could climb stairs, but not with my suitcase. Now I can do stairs, suitcase in.hand, which weighs about 25+ lbs. Still a bit of an effort, but def in the right direction.
 
No specific exercises. But it sounds like you are already doing things to strengthen that area. Going up stairs - especially carrying any weight will do the trick. All the miles you walk daily will also strengthen! My hat's off to you - you have a very stressful job!
 
Thanks Alex - forgot about the clam - that's a good one!
 
Hi CatPrincess, I'm 6 months out and still sometimes have the sensation that the joint 'drops' out a little. My PT en OS both confirmed it was due to muscle weakness. It is becoming less and less and I do notice it the most when I've done a lot physically. I'm training pretty hard to strengthen the muscles (3x PT per week), but I'm running a bit behind due to 3 months weight-bearing restriction.
It sounds like carrying a 25 lb bag up stairs is good excercise? I do quite specific (and killing) excercises at PT - the biggest killer at the moment is the one-legged squat hanging off a step, combined with side leg raises.
If you want to specifically strengthen - try a special sports trainer?
 
Need some input. Not sure if this is something with my hip or not. ABout 10 days ago I went to bed totally fine and woke up in the middle of the night (thanks to my roomie making noise) with low back pain, feeling like my back was going out if I moved. was able to go back to sleep, and woke up okay, but walking the next few days at work, I had the occasional low back pain, with pain down my butt, across the calf. It hurts the most when I have been laying down/sleeping and i try to get up, end up with spasms and pain in my calf. I am laying face down on the bed as I write this, and rolling over, I feel a bit of a pop in the butt area. Mind u, 10 days later the pain is primarily in my butt, and it still radiates down into my shin, almost to the ankle. Not constant, not horrible, but still enough to be a pain in the butt, literally and figuratively! Once I am up I am fine. There is still pain, but not much and I'm okay walking. My chiro said after evaluating me last Friday that it's an "irritated disc" caused by stress and gave me exercises and instructions to ice at the end of the work day. Looked that up all over the internet and I can't find anything on an irritated disc.

Needless to say, I am really concerned that this in related to my THR, as this is my right hip we're talking about. Also, I just noticed today that when I lay on that side something along the side of the thigh, similar to right after surgery, when the fluid and tissue kind of left a mass, and it just needed to be massaged out. I really don't want to have to go back to my OS after all this time doing so extremely well, but I really don't think it's my back. For those who may ask, no, my chiro didn't order an x-ray. I wonder if I did something in my sleep when switching positions, but I don't know. Anyone?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom