Recent content by rubyyarn

  1. R

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    "The tibia's connected...to the femur, The femur's connected....to the pelvis..." etc :happydance: You're doing great!
  2. R

    TKR Struggling<

    I don't know that I have any real wisdom about orthotics...I just wanted shoes that fit my funny looking duck feet :egypdance: The Foot Companion people were most helpful,making sure my new shoes fit properly. I had to get an insert to keep my ankles from rolling inward. I was warned that it...
  3. R

    TKR Cry baby

    Hi, @Senny! Your knee seems to be working all right, but that first month of recovery...yikes! It is the pits for sure. Nothing works, you hurt, and--worst of all--you can't sleep at night. At this point the best thing you can do is sleep when you can, keep the ice bag on, and just veg out...
  4. R

    TKR Put the right knee in...and then the left.

    Hi, Gertie! Sounds like the knee is doing pretty well...and your hip wants in on the fun? Well, they say that hip surgery isn't as bad as knee, but gee...
  5. R

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Hi, Jockette! So sorry to hear that your knee is still giving you grief. At this point, it seems wise to get more opinions since something obviously isn't right. And think...at the end of it all you may just get the good knee you expected in the first place. And you are a Forum Advisor! In...
  6. R

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    Hiya, Jockette! I never did master the art of uploading pictures to this forum. My shoes are New Balance running (!) shoes. They are grey and hot pink...way cooler than I actually am :) :-) (:
  7. R

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    Hi, all! A year ago on this date I received my first new knee! I still have visible scars and numb spots, but I can walk wherever I want and even sit on a 12" stool. I only hang onto my husband's arm now for the romance of it, not because I need the support :thumb: So there is life after...
  8. R

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    Hiya, Karri! You are so right about the ortho shoes affecting the knees! After about a month they stopped bothering me. I now love my 7 league boots!
  9. R

    TKR Back with a question

    Hiya, Jakeleg! It seems like you've improved since the last time I checked in on you. You are right, each knee is different. The hard part is the waiting until knee gets her act together!
  10. R

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    I found that normal sleep happened several weeks after getting off the painkillers. What a relief! Orthotics are a boon...I think. They feel wonderful while in use. I'm still getting used to the ones that came with my new shoes.
  11. R

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    Susie, thank you for the encouragement. I guess healing isn't quite finished in that area. I am surprised, though, that it is the 8 month knee rather than the 5 momth knee that is giving me grief. Hope it all settles down soon :bored:
  12. R

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    I'm pretty sure...at least I hope that's all it is. I've just got used to it working well...don't need problems :scaredycat:
  13. R

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    After all this time I have an issue and a question. About a week ago I turned over in the bed (!) and the inside of my 8 month knee went yannkkkOW and I saw stars. There is no swelling that I can see, and I walk without pain for most part, but at least once a day I move wrong and...OW! I...
  14. R

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    Way to go, @liam2015 ! You've broken through and achieved recovery! :happydance: You are even dancing!
  15. R

    TKR TKR 2 at 4 months<

    Party on, girl, you've earnrd it :happydance:
Back
Top Bottom