TKR TKR 2 at 4 months<

Can you change my title to TKR 2 at 4 months please?

Update

My first knee needed a MUA as it scarred up and the bend dropped. MUA was all good and gradually I have achieved very functional ROM

9 months later I had the other knee done and I guess the surgeon and I both wanted to avoid anotherMUA . The bend was Ok ish 80 2 months. This time tried hydrotherapy at local centre anew programme for TKR I went 3x a week as I found it so good and after six weeks bend is now 100.

Saw surgeon today who like me was pleased. I guess underneath my worry was another MUA even though I didn’t think it necessary. Interestingly his approach was full bend will come over time and that more and more research shows waiting can be as effective as an MUA unless the scarring is reversing progress as in knee nos 1.

The physio had told me that it was important to keep working the knee therapeutically even when I had Rom.
The surgeons attitude was ‘no just live your life after all that’s what you did with the first knee and it all works’ don’t lock yourself into a medicalised rehab if ADL can do it.

My X-ray s were great - ha I like to think they were awesome!

With that I was discharged and told to come back if ever there was a problem but he thought I had 15+ free years.

Now it’s time to party
 
What a great report! Your OS and mine said the same thing: Just live your life. No need for PT if you are being active and just let the ROM come naturally. I’m so happy your second knee is a much better experience than your first. :friends:
 
Wow! Great news. Gives me some hope that my next TKR will go OK.
 
The surgeons attitude was ‘no just live your life after all that’s what you did with the first knee and it all works’ don’t lock yourself into a medicalised rehab if ADL can do it.
Your surgeon is a very wise man, Angie! He likes the BoneSmart way!! :heehee:
 
Congratulations on your graduation! "Oh the places you'll go!" ...Dr. Seuss
 
I love your surgeon! Mine caused me so much stress over ROM and PT.
 
Thank you everyone.

Yesterday we booked a holiday in the sun for April. My husband deserves a big thank you for being so supportive. Two TKR s has been his retirement so far!

Even though the first one wasn’t straightforward I am so glad I’ve had them done. I still marvel that I can walk without pain and it’s only going to get better over time.

I will keep getting in the hydrotherapy pool as it feels so good and I can exercise gently there and with confidence.
 
Well done. So good to hear. Hydrotherapy sounds good. Would love to try it sounds like heaven. Have a fantastic time in the sun.
 
I‘m so happy to read your thread and wish you continued success and improvement.

I had my first knee done 23 Feb, and i‘m Looking at mid October for #2, so a similar schedule. Hoping my second goes well too!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom