Recent content by LauraVall

  1. LauraVall

    2026 August Hotshots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    8/17/26 Left THR scheduled after years of fighting and winning the BMI war. I'm excited to walk without an aid in the future and enjoy life more!!
  2. LauraVall

    THR Made it...

    So glad you are feeling better. Sounds like it's been a difficult five days. Hope the corner has been turned and things keep looking up!
  3. LauraVall

    THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

    This is brilliant! I'm pre-op and in too much pain to stand long, but the stool doesn't help me enough because I have to be sideways and that hurts my back. Thank you! @AgilityDog
  4. LauraVall

    THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side

    I can see me doing the same thing though!
  5. LauraVall

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    Oh no, @Margie10, I'd be terribly angry and upset as well. So sorry you have that on top of healing from surgery!
  6. LauraVall

    THR 18 months and still in pain

    Stevie Nicks @Hippielife
  7. LauraVall

    Frustrated and venting

    When I first met the OS, he suggested bariatric surgery. I've known that to work but also have seen a lot of health issues and even a death related to the surgery. So @anny that was how my doc approached the weight issue. I do understand the need to lose for surgery, for life. And in my...
  8. LauraVall

    Frustrated and venting

    Thanks! It hasn't been easy, but I was determined!
  9. LauraVall

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    So much to be said for doing what you love. And to get paid for it too?? Perfect! I'm in the corporate world and luckily love what I do, but balance it by volunteering with 4-H. Work with kids raising and showing rabbits. Lots of fun and much satisfaction. :yes:
  10. LauraVall

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    Working at the school sounds so fulfilling! Hopefully the short hours will be not be too much for you.
  11. LauraVall

    THR Janet’s recovery - 2nd hip done

    Glad to see you on the healing side!! Keep those medical folks managing the pain, that's what they are there for! Hope you can get some rest.
  12. LauraVall

    Frustrated and venting

    Just returned from the clinic and my official weight is low enough to qualify for scheduling my LTHR!!!! I'm excited, a little nervous, and happy to know this grinding pain that has had me using a cane and a walker for 10 months, keeps me from sleeping more than 90 minutes at a time overnight...
  13. LauraVall

    Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

    Using a sinus rinse is amazing. I've had sinus issues for years and the NeilMed products have helped immensely. I truly believe it has kept colds from lasting longer. I haven't tried using it daily, but I think I will and see if it keeps me from catching the latest virus around!!
  14. LauraVall

    Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

    @sequin98 your concern was the 90 degree rule in regards to the neti pot, right? I use mine often and it sure has helped me with sinus issues. I don't bend 90 degrees, so I'm assuming I'll be OK post op.
  15. LauraVall

    THR Layla's Recovery

    That quote is perfect. Looking forward to the amazing, I know it's coming!
Back
Top Bottom